PDA

View Full Version : i think im done

DarkProject00
04-15-2014, 10:32 AM
well going into this expansion i was excited. new format, new sets of cards, a variety of deck to play against etc etc. but now...

they removed seals and replaced them with wildcards.. thats cool. will take awhile but you can still get cards from them. bad news is you only get them from the weekly rewards or the daily quests.. and those quests for you to use different factions. ok cool. however when i play.. all i ever play against is necro. 90% of the time.. why? cause someone thought it was a good idea to remove ward against darkness. good idea to removed puppet master and keep enthrall.. atleast enthrall can be countered with dispells.. but to keep soul reaver... and make banshee a four might creature with no ward is just WOW...even fleshbane decks in bs2 dont go fortune anymore.. why? they dont have a ward against darkness to fear.. so haven is a no go..

you wanted to kinda kill rush decks from bs2.. why is there a 1 cost 2 might creature for inferno with 3 attack? is that not rush?

sanctuary hasnt changed. though they removed ishuma you still see the same thing.. mass creature.. outmaneuver this outmaneuver that power this up and win. there are only 8 creatutres that can do this 1 a 3 cost and 1 a 5 cost. and every time i play they always have one ready.. its the same with stronghold.. they only can have 4 goblin scouts.. but they seem to always have 1.. or 2 if they are really lucky.. at the start.. ( the stronghold one seems like that even before bs2 anyway ) the amount of lucky top decking is ridiculous. ive checked things out when i play sanc and use coral seer.. i have 2 life left.. had to double block 2 lanes to protect against two creatures.. while the other 2 lanes had 1 creature on both sides.. 2 of my creatures had 2 hp and his creatures has two attack.. only had one event card for target protecting.. and what does he draw? firebolt... i mean really? this was a rush... out of about 40 cards... your gonna top deck a firebolt the turn you really need it?

anyway luck factor aside. my main gripe is. i dont think devs really look at the big picture when they make these changes.. the necro thing bugs me the most. if ward was still in.. haven would use.. would be a bit less nero. and more overall decks.. im not having fun playing the same deck over and over.. and im sure if i go into open.. its just gonna be ishuma or kelthor over and over.. i would like to play ignatius.. day one was fine cause everyone was playing everything for tests.. but once people were seeing that necro was the better option they chose that.. my options are to play necro.. or any hero wtih dark.. or just be done with it.. anyone else seeing this or im just getting paired this way for some odd reason? ( champion 2 )

Pjovejas
04-15-2014, 10:48 AM
Just want to ask: what are you complaining about? At first you said, that inferno is too rushy (I guess it means "powerfull" for you, from the begining statements of your post). Then you say that sanctuary is OP too. Then Stronghold OP too. And of course, necro is OP too... So we have 4 factions OP out of 6. That is not good, since other two are weak.
But still, if you cant win against 4 factions, then maybe the problem is not only in the balance? :)

And finaly: where did you get the idea, that BS2 will kill the rush? Since from the begining it was clear, that BS2 will be much much less control oriented. That means more to agro side and agro is only 1 step from "rush".

Elementalist.
04-15-2014, 12:38 PM
There are people who play ward against darkness..?

malkorion
04-15-2014, 01:03 PM

I run it in Zardoc. I can always cycle it away with Day of Fortune. I have to protect my fatties.

rcorpCZ
04-15-2014, 01:13 PM
I was never able to keep it in play in Open, since most of the dak magic heroes have either dispell or boardclear, so I just gave up. It would probably work better in Standard, but it's not there, so...

jeremyt1
04-15-2014, 09:55 PM

The last time I saw that card played in a game was before Herald of the Void was released. I guess it may see some play now, but light magic is terrible in standard (we seriously couldn't have kept sunburst?), so I don't know how often it would see play even now that it protected against Banshee. Ariana's still got dispell, so it would really only be useful against Seria.

larkhainan
04-16-2014, 03:51 AM
The last time I saw that card played in a game was before Herald of the Void was released. I guess it may see some play now, but light magic is terrible in standard (we seriously couldn't have kept sunburst?), so I don't know how often it would see play even now that it protected against Banshee. Ariana's still got dispell, so it would really only be useful against Seria.Comparing the pool of dark magic spells to light magic spells in standard is actually hilarious. Funnier when you realize they were originally going to ship it with curse of the netherworld to boot.

Has anyone ever cast Aura of Healing twice?

Korbac7
04-16-2014, 06:41 AM
Lol, another one of those "I am leaving" threads. If you leave - then just leave. Don't tell us about it. We don't know you so we really don't care.

If you want to leave some feedback on faction balancing - that's another thing. At different points in time various factions/heroes were imbalanced and Ubi fixed that. I am pretty sure Ubi will do the same here eventually.

Jarema03
04-16-2014, 07:34 PM
. and im sure if i go into open.. its just gonna be ishuma or kelthor over and over..

no, it is not. I play as many open as standard games, and Ishuma or Kelthor are not dominating open

Turbo-Fangz
04-16-2014, 10:55 PM
its called voice of the customer sparky, if he wants to leave a damn thread saying why he is taking his potential business dollars else where then he is entitled to. Maybe if MORE people did that it would serve as a catalyst for change. If he is leaving because the colors do not look good to him its valid feedback because its feedback of why the company is going to have one less dollar to continue to develop and support the game.

I don't agree with everything he said but doesn't make it any less valid of why he quit.

DarkProject00
04-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Lol, another one of those "I am leaving" threads. If you leave - then just leave. Don't tell us about it. We don't know you so we really don't care.

If you want to leave some feedback on faction balancing - that's another thing. At different points in time various factions/heroes were imbalanced and Ubi fixed that. I am pretty sure Ubi will do the same here eventually. as turbo said i have a right to speak on the matter. and no this is not one of those omg this game sucks or w/e and i quit threads if you read the thing you wouldnt have commented like this. i seeked answers from other gamers if they are seeing the same as i am. i was seeking their words on the matter in hopes that this would be just a thing thats happening during this time.. ( maybe they were all on necro quests for some reason? as an example )

no, it is not. I play as many open as standard games, and Ishuma or Kelthor are not dominating open
This was before standard. as i have yet to play it again since the bs2 release i was only speaking opinion ill be trying it again soon due to your words.

its called voice of the customer sparky, if he wants to leave a damn thread saying why he is taking his potential business dollars else where then he is entitled to. Maybe if MORE people did that it would serve as a catalyst for change. If he is leaving because the colors do not look good to him its valid feedback because its feedback of why the company is going to have one less dollar to continue to develop and support the game.

I don't agree with everything he said but doesn't make it any less valid of why he quit.
Thanks for the words. i have put money into the game already and was planning to continue doing so. i will be playing today after a little break / breather i took. and give another feedback at a later time. im hoping what was happening during that time was just a moment of a release. perhaps things will change as time goes by.

ArcaneAzmadi
04-21-2014, 04:59 AM

Ishuma was badly hurt by the patch. Kelthor was ruined (seriously, you can't use Bloodthirst creatures with his ability any more? Why the hell not!?).

ulpsz
04-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Ishuma was badly hurt by the patch. Kelthor was ruined (seriously, you can't use Bloodthirst creatures with his ability any more? Why the hell not!?).

+1 for that

LurifaxB
04-21-2014, 05:51 PM
Well, I understand your frustration with Haven being useless in Standard. I'm a Haven player by heart, but can play anything. I love the new standard format, but I pretty much stay of Haven. The Haven decks I like to play are creature oriented, but that is not very viable in this meta.

Said it in another post, but absolutely agree with you on Dark Ward. It needs to be back! It is Havens best defense against the Dark spells and Banshees. Look at the light spell school now. There is virtually nothing worth playing for most decks.

Oh, and since we can see how feeble Haven is, I think adding back Immaculate Glory would add some needed creature strength.

gabusan
05-02-2014, 02:01 PM
I agree with Turbo-Fangz. If that is how he feels, a lot of people will be feeling the same way. This is useful feedback for developers.