PDA

View Full Version : Are you optimistic about Trials Fusion?

QcChopper
04-15-2014, 06:27 AM
Well so far I have to say that some things don't get my motor running but in general I see great potential.

The main thing with me is I do NOT care for bikes other than the phoenix/pit viper and BMX so the BETA wasn't very fun for me. The ATV I really do not like but I generally agree that variety is good although I really would have been happy without the ATV-only tracks. I am a bit sad that the classic MP is gone even though admittedly I didn't play it that much in EVO but at least Supercross is still there plus the new mode that still has to be revealed so I am looking forward to that too. The FMX aspect, well it's nice that you have the option to do stunts, I am not very fond of the idea of FMX tracks based on trick scoring, but since they don't seem to affect the global rank it's no big deal I guess.

The thing I am most eager to see is Track Central, as 90% of my play time in Trials is on TC, but just seeing the killer stuff the Fusion competition finalists have come up with leaves me ultra confident that TC is going to be SWEET, and just for this I am totally sold on Fusion. I will probably still play EVO for as long as TC is still alive though. Other than that the gameplay seems solid except for the tire glitching but I can live with that too I guess. So mainly the new additions are not the selling points for me but they add depth and I am always preaching that more is better, not doing to do a 180 here.

So far I personally think every Trials game has been better than the last, I believe RedLynx really worked hard to make a great game and take it further, I have been vocal on how I am disappointed with Frontier and its F2P model but Fusion seems solid to me, and the idea of having 6 DLCs really gets my motor running, there really isn't a reason for me not to be optimistic about Fusion :D

SparkierJoNESZ
04-15-2014, 08:57 AM
i'm exited :o

i saw some nice new features for the editor
but not all i requested made it in so that makes me wanna yell at redlynx a bit for that
gonna have fun tomorow :cool:

Toboe
04-15-2014, 10:37 AM
Yeah I'm definitely excited about fusion.

My time so far with the beta I've been enjoying a lot, I imagine it will only be better with access to the Viper. I really never cared for multiplayer or skill games for that matter, tricks so far aren't my thing either, but I'll at least go for platinum on skill/fmx stuff.

I'd have to say so far the thing I'm most unsure of is the quad only section of tracks, but I still had fun playing those, and I imagine that will grow on me more after time.

All in all I've managed to put over 10+ hours in to this beta, can only imagine the fun It'll be when the game is fully out.

TeriXeri
04-15-2014, 11:11 AM
My main content in this game is building and playing customs, and the beta got better each build performance wise so far for me, and seeing the Track Jam entries and the streams leading up to it, people praising the editor's limits , I'm confident I will be building for a long time.

I am curious what the DLCs will contain (especially editor objects), and the full-game features like pyrosequence, teams, tournaments, custom feeds, TC levels etc etc.

Evo gold had no Xbox DLC, so it never could compare in some areas as far as certain themes/primes/worlds could go.

Can't wait to remake (either in style or spirit) some of my Evo Gold tracks in the new editor with actual desert and ice objects instead of just fancy camera color effects :cool:.

Smilies2019
04-15-2014, 12:40 PM
I am very optimistic about trials fusion. my computer isnt that great as some of you guys/girls.
But i dont have that many problems as some of you have. Like tire glitches....i have 1day and 14hrs of gameplay in fusion beta, and i didnt had a tire glitch once.
The game runs smooth, but i only run a game on my pc, i dont have 50 other programs running in my background of my computer.
If there is a problem with Trials, the devs wil always seem to fix it, it just takes time.
Trials Evo gold on pc had big isues for months, but that game is fixed, (except for the broken replays)
In trials fusion beta, the replays seem to work better now.
I love trials a lot, its the right game for me......ofcource im kinda disapointed that PC has to wait until April 24, but as u can see in this forum only - A PC comes in many variables,
So to have Trials Fusion working for all pc's wil take time and testing, and thats exacly what they are doing.
Am i optimistic? hell yah

IImayneII
04-15-2014, 12:53 PM
ILike tire glitches....i have 1day and 14hrs of gameplay in fusion beta, and i didnt had a tire glitch once.
Really? I can't really believe that :D Like the 2nd ramp from the first beginner track with the windmills makes my tires glitch maybe 70% of the time...Some ramps just feel like you are loosing grip/have edges when you should be smoothly riding over them.

Only thing that bothers me a bit are these tire glitches. This is really the only problem I have with the game because I rarely noticed tire glitching in Gold Edition, but in Fusion this seems alot more frequent...

That said, I'm still excited!

Limit1997
04-15-2014, 01:08 PM
I can't WAIT.

Loved the Scorpion FE450. Love the ROACH.

Love creating tracks.

FMX is fun (apart from when you have to do a specific trick)

With the new E.S Enforcer outfit I'ma roleplay as a scrambler squaddie to. Picture of scambler squad: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/15/article-1366431-0B2E0DCF00000578-243_634x409.jpg (I think I'm allowed to link that)

I like Trials.

qbicfeet
04-15-2014, 02:58 PM
You know, I wish I was more hyped than I am...

I don't doubt that Trials Fusion is going to be a *good* game, from what I've seen it's solid enough to warrant a purchase. However, I'm a little worried about the direction the series seems to be taking. There's less than 40 actual Trials tracks and many of them are fairly forgettable compared to the many memorable tracks in Evolution. It seems like Redlynx put all the attention on eye candy and forgot about the level design instead.

FMX has received a lot of attention but it's too inconsistent and wonky to feel like there's any actual skill involved, plus there's the whole worry of whether FMX tricks can be used to your advantage in regular Trials races (which would seriously damage the hardcore aspect of the game) that we still don't have any clear answer to.

Ubisoft and Redlynx also seems to be hiding a lot of stuff from us. The review embargo is the same day the game releases (even later considering the game is already up on PS Store), which in the past has been an indication that the publishers want to hide something. And honestly, the Beta felt more like a promotional demo than anything - why wouldn't they include a selection of tracks of all difficulties if they wanted us to properly playtest it? No Track Editor and no (local) multiplayer in the Beta either - are you so insecure about those parts of the game that you can't let us play with them?

I'm also not really digging the "we're selling Trials Fusion as a service, not a game"-approach (actual paraphrased quote from ANBA) with season passes and focus on DLC. 40-ish tracks including Skill Games and FMX is rather lackluster and I would really have wished for a more fleshed-out base game with the DLC being nothing but a bonus.

Lastly there's also the segmentation of the community that comes with releasing the game on four different platforms with no cross-platform connectivity. I hope I'm making the right choice and that PC is going to end up having the strongest community with the most competitive players and the most creative track creators, but who knows - maybe it'll end up being the weakest of the four? :(

/rant

IImayneII
04-15-2014, 03:42 PM
I hope I'm making the right choice and that PC is going to end up having the strongest community with the most competitive players and the most creative track creators, but who knows - maybe it'll end up being the weakest of the four? :(

PC already has a (maybe) small but strong community imo. We have some pretty solid speedrun/ninja riders and now that we are on the same level editor-whise as other platforms I'm sure most good track creators on PC will be able to equal or surpass the level of track creation on the console! I have no doubt in the pc community! pcmasterrace :cool:

TheRealTeeHill
04-17-2014, 04:37 PM
After reading some issue threads in the console section I'm actually quite glad that Fusion on PC has been delayed. I also have higher optimism that issues will be fixed/patched faster than our console counterparts. Here's hoping for a smooth release next week :)