PDA

View Full Version : You think sages will ever be relevant again?

JustPlainQuirky
04-14-2014, 09:55 PM
I find sages really interesting. having the memories of an ancestor already in you and essentially becoming that ancestor.

We've only seen one line of sages and it was a reincarnation of a first Civ Dude. Could a human start his own line of sages I wonder?

It just felt so unique. would be a shame for it not to come up again. I'd love to be surprised and see someone in modern day who looks just like someone I saw when in the animus. I'd love it even more if it was a major character and not John from IT or anything.

What do you think? Is it a one time thing or will we see the concept rise again? :p

I-Like-Pie45
04-14-2014, 09:58 PM
No

JustPlainQuirky
04-14-2014, 09:59 PM
No

How insightful :rolleyes:

I-Like-Pie45
04-14-2014, 10:00 PM
How insightful :rolleyes:

Nothing really matters, anyone can see, nothing really matters, nothing really matters to meow

Jexx21
04-14-2014, 10:00 PM
I think the only Sage is Aita.. pretty sure it was supposed to be due to that experimental machine that Juno used on him.

GunnerGalactico
04-14-2014, 10:11 PM
I don't think that Ubi might drop that concept altogether. Maybe in future, we might see that more people were experimented on. Not sure.. but possibly.

Hans684
04-14-2014, 10:22 PM
It will. They just introduced the concept in Black Flag and consider the concept is related to Juno I would say it we're just getting started.

MasterAssasin84
04-14-2014, 11:26 PM
Personally i don't think Sages will ever not be considered integral parts of future Assassins Creed plots and considering that TWCB experimented with every possibility to ensure their Race's survival against the first devastating solar flare it is possible that other experiments took place that the animus has not explored yet ? is there any reason that through the animus we can't go back to the first civilisation ?

As sages are essentially reincarnations of Aita there is every possibility that they could return ? i mean why not History is our playground .

cawatrooper9
04-23-2014, 03:32 AM
I love the idea of Aita as a sage- he's basically an enemy (or possible ally?) that we can fight throughout time in many different forms, like a villainous Timelord.
In fact, I have reason to believe that we've actually seen him before. Remember Cesare? He looks relatively similar to John from IT and Roberts, not to mention that he shares Aita's trademark psychological instability. However, it's these words that really resonate with this theory: "Chains will not hold me! I will not die by the hand of man!"
An awfully bold claim- unless, of course, you could indefinitely reincarnate yourself.

LoyalACFan
04-23-2014, 05:17 AM
I actually have a crazy theory that in a future game, our MacGuffin might be a Sage who found a way to prolong his life via a Shroud of Eden, and we need to find his lair so we can assassinate him in the modern day. It could even be Nicholas Flamel in Unity.

I-Like-Pie45
04-23-2014, 05:28 AM
what if Joseph Smith, Jesus, and Mohammed were all different incarnations of the Aita Sage?

king-hailz
04-23-2014, 08:07 AM
what if Joseph Smith, Jesus, and Mohammed were all different incarnations of the Aita Sage?

I don't think they would do that... but that does bring out a point... For being one of the most popular religions in the world and the religion the original assassins were... They never mention Muhammed or even the religion of Islam in the games... They mention Jesus and moses many times but never Muhammed... The only relation to that religion would be the mosques that were in AC1 and AC Revelations... but anyways... I think the sage will be quite important and will either be a second enemy or will be our enemy after June is defeated... and I actually think Nicolas flamel is a sage.

Locopells
04-23-2014, 12:51 PM

Annnnnd that's how to piss off everyone at once :-)

I-Like-Pie45
04-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Annnnnd that's how to piss off everyone at once :-)

Not really

there's nothign that might upset Hebrews, Buddhists, and Hindis, etc in there

Aphex_Tim
04-23-2014, 04:00 PM
If they do return, I hope they come up with something a lot better to recognize them by than that horseshoe mustache. Just leave it at the eyes, that was fine. Even the Mayan statue which was supposedly hundreds of years old had the freakin' mustache! It's not like a mustache style is something that's genetically determined!

THE_JOKE_KING33
04-23-2014, 06:08 PM
In fact, I have reason to believe that we've actually seen him before. Remember Cesare? He looks relatively similar to John from IT and Roberts, not to mention that he shares Aita's trademark psychological instability. However, it's these words that really resonate with this theory: "Chains will not hold me! I will not die by the hand of man!"
An awfully bold claim- unless, of course, you could indefinitely reincarnate yourself.

I love this idea! The only thing though is that Cesare didn't have heterochromia (that is the tell-tell sign of a sage isn't it?)

Locopells
04-23-2014, 06:22 PM
Not really

there's nothing that might upset Hebrews, Buddhists, and Hindis, etc in there

Hebrew is a language, Buddhists can include aspects of other faiths if they want, and Hindi is also a language...

But yeah, I was just messing, your main point stands.

Assassin_M
04-23-2014, 06:36 PM
I don't think they would do that... but that does bring out a point... For being one of the most popular religions in the world and the religion the original assassins were... They never mention Muhammed or even the religion of Islam in the games... They mention Jesus and moses many times but never Muhammed... The only relation to that religion would be the mosques that were in AC1 and AC Revelations... but anyways... I think the sage will be quite important and will either be a second enemy or will be our enemy after June is defeated... and I actually think Nicolas flamel is a sage.
There is actually. in AC I, if you read Altair's investigation log about Abulnoqood, he references the Prophet Muhammed, during that same investigation (eavesdropping) one of the men quotes a verse from the Quran, the town criers in Damascus and Jerusalem mention many elements of Islam, ACR's database entries talk about the Islamic banking system.

overlooking all of that, mentioning Prophet Jesus and Prophet Moses is mentioning Islam. they're revered as messengers in the Religion.

ze_topazio
04-23-2014, 06:56 PM

I don't know, they look nothing like the sage.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/86/Joseph_Smith%2C_Jr._portrait_owned_by_Joseph_Smith _III.jpg/448px-Joseph_Smith%2C_Jr._portrait_owned_by_Joseph_Smith _III.jpg
http://www.jn.pt/Storage/JN/2011/medium/ng1454897.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/89/Muhammad_Ali_NYWTS.jpg/479px-Muhammad_Ali_NYWTS.jpg

cawatrooper9
04-23-2014, 08:42 PM
I love this idea! The only thing though is that Cesare didn't have heterochromia (that is the tell-tell sign of a sage isn't it?)

That's a good point. I mean, the theory itself is a bit of a stretch, but perhaps Ubisoft just hadn't quite finalized the physical characterization for the Sage by the time ACB rolled around.

frodrigues55
04-24-2014, 01:36 AM
I am sure they are going to find a place for him on Initiates. :p

Kidding (or not).

I'm curious to see how they are going to move foward with Black Flag's Sages and the Blood Vials. Darby has said they are dropping the modern day because it's too difficult to create multiple games at the same time when they have to follow the same story. But what does this means for the sages and the blood drops? Are they self-contained as well or are they going to come back for the other games?

I-Like-Pie45
04-24-2014, 02:09 AM
^ It will all be explained on Initiates