PDA

View Full Version : HoN Feedback (Haven player)

FullShiftKilla
04-14-2014, 09:49 PM
I know many players felt touched after changes that you(Ubisoft) decided to do(of course "because you discussed it with players" or "it's gonna be easier/better for players now"). So if anyone feel touched instead of keeping it for youself one can just put things that you don't like in new DoC here.

Imma be first.

Daily not-daily Quests *(I find it would be much funnier for us if it changed everyday(daily). Of course when somebody ain't playing tournaments and gonna be stucked for weeks its also fun!)

Jackpot tournaments are (due to your decisions) slowly dying,

Open format is (due to your decisions) slowly dying.

Unbalanced Standard - I am leaving Necropolis issue, if they are 2 strong or not. I see bigger problem in Haven. Because of some brilliant ideas(for example no magic offensive creatures :D) this is surely weakest faction and the difference between them and the rest is noticeable.

As you see I put here only few small things. Leaving issues like seals, economy , bugs. new ranking etc. because then it would be necessary to talk about it much longer, so basing on my experience and assuming it still wouldn't change anything I am just saving my time.

We all should ask ourselves about one thing- basing on the fact that many many people find much much better options for solutions that Ubi decided to use in new DoC, what was your point, Ubisoft? What are you really aiming at? Is it really making this game more enjoyable for players or maybe not? If answer is yes- why some players didn't notice that and what you could do to persuade them?

Of course I could try to explain my point of view in any of my points above but many people done it before me and my explanation won't change anything so I am not going to waste 2 much of your time guys.

I wish you guys(Ubisoft and players) all the best!

MoritzBradtke
04-14-2014, 11:33 PM
well, i can agree with daily quests and haven's weakness at last /:

SoAmazinglyBad
04-15-2014, 12:44 AM
ranking is pretty much as bad as before :> (maybe if i wanted to w8 a ****load to get equal opponent it would be better :P)
Arianna and Seria are real pain right now... they are vulnerable to being rushed but they killed other mid range decks really successfully in my opinion
Weekly format with only commons is just dominated with orcs cause of pure stats > abilities...
bs 2 only it is just arianna :)
the difference between most of matches are if u start first or 2nd... if u start first it is even more likely then before that u will lose game :> sad story
and much more stupid things like crashes / bugs etc

TrueHolstt
04-15-2014, 03:22 AM
I'm a Haven player (Champion I, level 93), and I have no problem winning 60% of the matches in Open ranked duels, so that's what I'm doing accumulating champion points and percentages.

In any other game mode I'm outplayed by the "new Kelthors".

I did try to make a viable Acamas deck to play ranked standard duels, but then I met a neo-Kelthor with 4 Banshees and 4 soulreavers and gave up experimenting. Anyways these experiments also took away a lot of my champion points. (True, the devs wanted us to experiment, but they have failed)

So, now I'm a happy Haven camper at Open Ranked Duels. :cool:

PS - FOR THE RECORD:
A lot of players have complained that DoC has turned into a pay-to-win game. This is not true. I've paid $96 to get 6,400 seals. And I've bought HoN for the seals. As you can see from the above I'm not a big winner, and this has not turned into a pay-to-win game.

hyperhop
04-15-2014, 04:47 AM
Agree regarding daily quests. What's up with that?

tyzc69
04-15-2014, 06:37 AM
I'm a Haven player (Champion I, level 93), and I have no problem winning 60% of the matches in Open ranked duels, so that's what I'm doing accumulating champion points and percentages.

In any other game mode I'm outplayed by the "new Kelthors".

I did try to make a viable Acamas deck to play ranked standard duels, but then I met a neo-Kelthor with 4 Banshees and 4 soulreavers and gave up experimenting. Anyways these experiments also took away a lot of my champion points. (True, the devs wanted us to experiment, but they have failed)

So, now I'm a happy Haven camper at Open Ranked Duels. :cool:

PS - FOR THE RECORD:
A lot of players have complained that DoC has turned into a pay-to-win game. This is not true. I've paid $96 to get 6,400 seals. And I've bought HoN for the seals. As you can see from the above I'm not a big winner, and this has not turned into a pay-to-win game.

Sadly true... i'm "exactly" in your situation, just for the first days i get a decent victory percentage with Alia,
but then i start to lose massively: first with necro, then inferno, then stronghold... at least some chance
against Academy or Sanctuary :nonchalance:
Buildings strategy for now doesn't work: it take time where you haven't it, or lead to a fatal cards disadvantage,
also increase chance of weird mulligan...
I tried but I do not see at the time concrete hopes to reverse the situation, I can only hope that some
Haven's smarter players find a way out... good luck to us

Maurimko
04-16-2014, 07:17 PM
I fully understand your haven frustration. I am feeling similary when I have 5 wins with haven as daily for WC :).. But after some time, like 2 hours I am done with it. I play Cass 5(6with one angel)/4/3 and it works pretty well if you defend at the start..Cause players need to rush.. The only deck that is problem is seria, ariana and sveltana cause of their dark magic and banshees.. but otherwise it is pretty balanced deck.. I use only sister and the angel from HoN.. If you establish some creatures on the board then you can easily protect them with those healing spells.. Lay of Hands if brilliant..Once you hit 4 might / 3 magic you should be fine :D as long as you did not lost more than 10 HP

malkorion
04-17-2014, 10:16 AM
I think that the whole philosophy of Haven just makes them weaker, especially in an aggressive meta. They are a defensive faction. Well what good does that do when you can't hit back?

Cassandra in Open was viable because it had Wolf Captain + Crusader Watchman (with the Week of Training interaction of course), and it could spam weenies with resource acceleration like there's no tomorrow. That Wolf Captain is a power house. A cheap beat stick that will make your opponent rage quit.

It's funny how they left out Immaculate Glory and Ward Against Darkness from BS2. Don't give the players any tools to fight all this necro.

gabusan
04-17-2014, 10:46 PM
Ah, if immaculate glory was still around, how much the meta would change. It is funny that no one used him before, and now all haven players are longing for his return. It was a well balanced card, I have no idea why was he removed.

newkruemel
04-17-2014, 11:04 PM
I am only playing Haven to get the wins for the daily quests. I totally agree that it is frustrating. The only thing I like about standard Haven is the Shrine of Elrath/Angel of Mercy interaction, the rest is indeed horrible.

ArcaneAzmadi
04-21-2014, 05:08 AM
Play standard? Why the hell would I do that?

HzVee
04-22-2014, 12:10 AM
I'm one of those haven players who relied on ward against darkness (and even purity) against those necro, since I haven't get enough cards for a good haven decks. At one point I even have two of both cards since it can be dispelled. I like both and immaculate glory very much :p

Now I'm not playing standard at all (not only because necro, but most of my cards in open deck can't be used in standard).
I wish another expansion is coming to boost haven :p