PDA

View Full Version : "Full" Beta on the 16th?

Vantier
04-13-2014, 09:14 PM
So are PC Players going to get full access to the game on the 16th (still "beta" of course with innevitible wipe on the 24th), or are we gonna be stuck with what we have until the 24th? I don't really care either way, just curious.

cantpickname0
04-13-2014, 09:22 PM
Stuck with what we got till the 24th, to be fair we have played about half the game now already.

Morgan189
04-14-2014, 12:10 AM
I read somewhere else on the forums that we definetly get no Beta update anymore, because we already played half the game 3 weeks before console guys. I'm more interested in wheter the full game will be a complete new download or a bigger update, since i think that there won't be big changes to the core game. The full game is more or less a big content update including the new maps, the editor, multiplayer,... if that is not already in there and just locked for Beta.

Zzzlol94
04-14-2014, 01:49 AM
They released all the updates a bit earlier than what stood when the beta first came out. The only thing we'll get until launch from now are bug fixes and optimizations. We're all playing the beta because we want the full release to be working properly, not only to play the tracks early, right? Because right now, we can make a bigger difference than at the full release, because we are in the spotlight.

Vantier
04-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Wrong.

We may be in the spotlight now (whatever thats supposed to mean) but on the 16th that will be far from being the case. At that point, i really no longer see the point of the beta, other then to make performance improvements specific to the PC (which is going to be an ongoing thing even after the "beta" or at least it should be).

With the full game already being available on 3 different platforms, its impossible to argue that the beta is for finding bugs and exploits at that point, and i see no reason why honestly we dont just get the full game with consoles, though i will be happy with a full "Beta" for the sake of having 8 more days to make the "launch" version a bit smoother.

EmptyBottle4
04-15-2014, 08:31 PM
With the full game already being available on 3 different platforms, its impossible to argue that the beta is for finding bugs and exploits at that point, and i see no reason why honestly we dont just get the full game with consoles, though i will be happy with a full "Beta" for the sake of having 8 more days to make the "launch" version a bit smoother.

I can only agree with that. :)

Zzzlol94
04-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Wrong.

We may be in the spotlight now (whatever thats supposed to mean) but on the 16th that will be far from being the case. At that point, i really no longer see the point of the beta, other then to make performance improvements specific to the PC (which is going to be an ongoing thing even after the "beta" or at least it should be).

There's not a single point in getting all the tracks for the beta. Completely useless. It doesn't help Redlynx, which is the important thing. Having the full game won't make the launch version smoother than if we keep the 4 areas we have now. It won't make a single difference. And if you thought the beta isn't for finding bugs when it's released on consoles, YOU'RE wrong. PC will always have the most bugs and will always have priority. There are so many PC specific bugs compared to console specific bugs. All the hundreds of different PC setups can't be replicated on their end. Most of the console specific bugs can be done on ANY console, because they're all pretty much the same. Bugs that are based on core gameplay, that are the same across all systems, can be done by their QA team. Track Creator, Multiplayer and all the other things can also be done by their QA team, because the bugs tied to those modes would most likely be the same across all systems.

IImayneII
04-15-2014, 10:36 PM
From a thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/868648-New-pc-content-16th) of mine...

You'll have to wait. In beta there's a lot of things to test that might not require all the tracks to be played like leaderboards and so forth. Just by testing you're helping the teams involved with PC version to improve it and make it better for everyone at launch.

You've gotten a good taste of Fusion way before the other platform players

I still agree with Vantier..As I saw from streams, Xbox1 version has the same small bugs as PC but with everything unlocked. There is no point in not unlocking everything for people who bought it on PC since we where promised the same release date.

@Zzzlol94

You say it won't make a difference. I agree, just like there was no point in just unlocking more tracks, we could have given the same feedback with only beginner tracks and some fmx unlocked. But if this is true, there is also no point in keeping so much locked away. They could just unlock everything and still call it beta. Giving us more to test would possibly also give us more chances of finding bugs. Like performance issues on certain tracks, editor bugs, TC bugs....all things we can't test and we have to hope there are no bugs on release.

That said, we know the stance of RedLynx on this and sadly there is nothing we can do except wait and see on launch if it was a smart descision or not.

jenkki
04-16-2014, 01:26 PM
Hi, the extra time will go towards continuing improvements and enhancements for the PC in particular finding bugs with particular hardware configurations.

EmptyBottle4
04-16-2014, 03:26 PM
Hi, the extra time will go towards continuing improvements and enhancements for the PC in particular finding bugs with particular hardware configurations.

Okay thats great, but can't you guys open a few other tracks for us till 24th? :)

IImayneII
04-16-2014, 03:38 PM

That is what we tought jenkki. The only thing that bothers us is that we don't get full content on the release date we where promised. Specially since consoles still get the full game on the 16th. And I have seen several bugs on the console version that are also in the beta on pc, so it's not like the console is bug free on release. There is no reason why people who preordered the game on PC should still have locked content on the 16th in my opinion.

The PC players have helped Redlynx with finding bugs etc, and what we get in return is a delayed release date and this dissapoints us. Everything could just be unlocked and still have the beta tag until the 24th, but for some reason this is not the case, wich is a shame...

Smilies2019
04-16-2014, 04:35 PM
i agree we should get full game beta, i dont see why we have to wait until 24th
Trials evolution gold took bout 1 year to be fixed completly,and stil isnt flawless.
8 days is to long, and i hardly play beta now, because its kinda boring right now.
i done all possible challenges, and breaking records is a waist because reset at release.
so i wil be testing nothing, and a lot trials fans also dont play beta, means we dont give feedbacks now.
I realy love this game, and cant wait to have it full. so please consider earlier release.