PDA

View Full Version : In the stream, didn't Kimmundi say ...

TrueHolstt
04-13-2014, 11:36 AM
that there would be new quests every day? I'm not going to review the stream to find the spot where he said so, and maybe these weren't his exact words.
Anyway, after watching the stream I was looking forward to daily quests. :cool:

BUT
Now I have been looking at the same quests for several days in a row:confused:

Is this a bug or on purpose? I'm a bit confused.

PS (since I'm not a native English speaker):
Dictionary definition of the word daily: of or relating to one day

malkorion
04-13-2014, 12:02 PM
You only get new ones when you completed some of them, so they are replaced. Most of them are ridiculous though.

TrueHolstt
04-13-2014, 12:15 PM
You only get new ones when you completed some of them, so they are replaced. Most of them are ridiculous though.

The they should be called Non-daily quest

:)

gabusan
04-13-2014, 11:38 PM
The they should be called Non-daily quest

:)

Your irony escaped Malkorion. Indeed, these quests are anything but daily. More like "quests that renew if you ever manage to complete them" or something like that. Wait, we need a shorter name. How about "frustrating quests"? Yeah, sounds about right now.

Ussoro
04-14-2014, 12:49 AM
Your irony escaped Malkorion. Indeed, these quests are anything but daily. More like "quests that renew if you ever manage to complete them" or something like that. Wait, we need a shorter name. How about "frustrating quests"? Yeah, sounds about right now.

Frustrating quests sounds right if you cannot complete it, I'm having trouble completing my T3 quest, win a swiss tournament. So I'm losing out on WC and tickets :(

I've gotten 2nd place 3 times now but 1st eludes me...

Aza404
04-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Copy-pasting my answer in a previous thread for you guys.

Hi guys,

Daily quests are not supposed to be easy.
They are supposed to give you challenges that push you to try different decks, deifferent strategies, different game modes. They are supposed to push you to play outside your comfort zone.

I completely understand if you don't like one of the daily quests that was given to you and I understand your frustration.
However, please bear in mind that they are absolutely not obligatory and if you enjoy playing the game more without taking part in the daily quests, then my advice would be simply not to play those quests.

In the meantime I'll pass this feedback on to the devs and stress the idea of being able to cancel a daily quest.
Something like: "Cancel this daily quest. A new daily quest will be given to you tomorrow".

Best,
Aza

TrueHolstt
04-14-2014, 03:15 PM

Hi guys,

They are supposed to give you challenges that push you to try different decks, deifferent strategies, different game modes. They are supposed to push you to play outside your comfort zone.

I completely understand if you don't like one of the daily quests that was given to you and I understand your frustration.
However, please bear in mind that they are absolutely not obligatory and if you enjoy playing the game more without taking part in the daily quests, then my advice would be simply not to play those quests.

In the meantime I'll pass this feedback on to the devs and stress the idea of being able to cancel a daily quest.
Something like: "Cancel this daily quest. A new daily quest will be given to you tomorrow".

Best,
Aza

Hi Aza

I'm not complaining that the quests are difficut or silly, - I'm just wondering why they are called daily quest.

I like your solution to the problem.:cool:

Thanks.

Kimundi
04-14-2014, 03:32 PM
Sorry if I was mistaken during a stream, I thought the daily quests would change everyday :) (sounds logic to me), but I also understand the current way :)

BluerainFR
04-14-2014, 04:01 PM
I'm just wondering why they are called daily quest.

I think it has this name because it must be completed within a day, otherwise it is reinitialized. A little counter-intuitive it's true.

banduan
04-16-2014, 08:55 AM
I think it has this name because it must be completed within a day, otherwise it is reinitialized. A little counter-intuitive it's true.

This is not true. They carry over. This is a good thing. I don't want to be forced to finish everything in a day.
The daily part is that you only get new quests daily, replacing completed ones.

All you need to make the system work is to allow for one unfinished quest to be refreshed daily- hope Aza gets them to do just that.
Oh- the rewards need looking at to. Some don't make sense relative to others.

BluerainFR
04-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Ok, I didn't get that before. (Haven't played yet due to technical reasons. I said that from what I've read on forums.)
So if a daily quest is saying "Win 6 games with faction X" instead of for example "Win 6 games with faction X within a day", I can do the 6 matches among several days. Thank you.

RexGoodwin
04-16-2014, 02:43 PM

Hi guys,

Best,
Aza

I'm sorry but this post makes me really mad. Pre-patch all the devs were raving about how easy it will be to get wildcards touting these daily quests as a large part of this.

What you are basically saying is "Randomly got a quest that's impossible for you? - guess you don't get wildcards outside of the 7 day reward which isn't even standardized, Nobody said you have to try the quests"

No, they aren't obligatory. But they are one of the two (that's 50% if you're bad at math) sustainable options to get WC's without paying and from what the devs have said they seemed pretty darned important in the economy and WC changes.

Listen I'm really sorry that I'm not good enough to win a swiss. I'm fairly new and every single one of them has somebody 10 times my level.
I saw that the devs are "looking into it" and everybody appreciates it. If this doesn't change than I'm sure a ton of people won't be sticking around myself included.
At first I thought the quests not refreshing daily was a bug, then I found out it was intended and I was really left scratching my head.

I'm not really a naysayer and aside from this and the crashes/hiccups I really love this patch/game, but I really just wanted to say how ridiculous this post was to me.

Turbo-Fangz
04-16-2014, 10:46 PM
Hi Aza

I'm not complaining that the quests are difficut or silly, - I'm just wondering why they are called daily quest.

I like your solution to the problem.:cool:

Thanks.

Alright excuse my candiness but you guys need to seriously start actuing like a business that is accepting peoples money and use your heads. This is an embarresment; you trumped up that players could have options for WC's etc via daily quests and it was a means to help provide progression since you switched to a model that basically was forcing alot more of the player base to pay money then in the past to be competitive (i don't blame you for this at all actually, you are a business and if you think that is the best way to increase revenue then bless your heart do it). Then you put in a quest that isn't a daily quest but requires completion to get the next? Thats not just a oopps....thats either A) a bug, or B) gross incompentence and/or straight out misleading your customer base who incase you forgot pay your salaries.

And you may wonder why I am so angry, its because you guys with a few horrible decisions have ruined what could have been a great expansion. And just fyi, this isn't about me; I have everything I need already from being prepared before HON came out even with seals and WC's so its more about the general idea and how anyone would think that the "daily" quest that has been pushed to the customers as a method to allow slow card progression would not be a daily quest.

And you are SPOT on when you say the quest shouldn't be easy, i LOVE that. I think it should be a challenge and have a trade off that a player may not want to do for the day. But it needs to reset, period. I haven't touched my 5 WC one since day one, its win 5 games with haven which is the one faction I refuse to play because of the play style. Not to mention winning 5 in a row in the meta is not easy and initially I made a push to get to in the top 50 on the ladder which I did and I wasn't going to waste all that effort trying to get 5 WC's while playing a faction I hated.

So bottom line, get this fixed and get it fixed now. I've supported the M&M franchise and this game both financially and by bringing in customers for you but i'm about done myself with you guys because this is a perfect example of lack of leadership and insight. In todays professional world I really don't think we should be having to give "feedback" 7 days post expansion release that daily quests in fact should be daily.

Sorry, just alot of pent up disappoint and anger towards poor decisions and expectations on something I've spent alot of time and money on and convinced numerous people to come play. 3 have already quit over the expansion and are trying to get me to join them. Prove them wrong and show you can fix things fast and use alittle logical reasoning or else you can add my name to lost revenue stream that you could have depended on for years to come. Maybe some of your customers are kids and don't know any better but for those of us in the business world, this type of crap is not exactly tolerated when you are accepting peoples money for a product.

Kurency
04-18-2014, 12:55 AM
Maybe some of your customers are kids and don't know any better but for those of us in the business world, this type of crap is not exactly tolerated when you are accepting peoples money for a product.

I approve and...
Well said, sir, well said

chrisbirks
04-18-2014, 01:23 AM
For the Swiss win daily quest, some mates and I discovered you can complete it by winning the user created tournament. The downside is that you have to find 8 ppl to get together and go through the process.

Revalon
04-18-2014, 08:27 AM
For the Swiss win daily quest, some mates and I discovered you can complete it by winning the user created tournament. The downside is that you have to find 8 ppl to get together and go through the process.

Well...would really not have thought this would do it. Thanks for the info :)