PDA

View Full Version : What is the biggest "holy crap!" moment you're expecting from E3?

X_xWolverinEx_X
04-13-2014, 08:52 AM
Fallout 4 ?

jayjay275
04-13-2014, 09:09 AM
Uncharted 4 gameplay and a trailer.

I read more of this thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800982
:|

X_xWolverinEx_X
04-13-2014, 09:14 AM
that's were I got it from

Zafar1981
04-13-2014, 09:28 AM
Red dead sequel

jayjay275
04-13-2014, 09:47 AM
I believe we'll see Unity gameplay there for sure.

LoyalACFan
04-13-2014, 10:33 AM
Red dead sequel

Rockstar never goes to E3, so that's not happening. But I am hoping/expecting to hear something about it this year. It's been four years, god dammit :nonchalance:

Anyway, it's hard to pin down what the biggest "holy crap" moment will be since those moments are almost always from new IP's, and obviously nobody knows what any of those are going to be. But like Jayjay said I'm definitely expecting Uncharted 4 and Unity gameplay. Probably Far Cry 4 gameplay too.

GunnerGalactico
04-13-2014, 10:46 AM
Rockstar never goes to E3, so that's not happening. But I am hoping/expecting to hear something about it this year. It's been four years, god dammit :nonchalance:

Anyway, it's hard to pin down what the biggest "holy crap" moment will be since those moments are almost always from new IP's, and obviously nobody knows what any of those are going to be. But like Jayjay said I'm definitely expecting Uncharted 4 and Unity gameplay. Probably Far Cry 4 gameplay too.

Yess! I'm definitely excited for Uncharted & Unity. :D

TheArcaneEagle
04-13-2014, 10:52 AM
Honestly, Unity's E3 Demo and E3 Cinematic Trailer. Both of these are what gets me excited for any Assassins Creed game.

GunnerGalactico
04-13-2014, 11:02 AM
TBH.. I've always been impressed by the E3 trailers for AC. I can't wait to see the one for Unity.

Sushiglutton
04-13-2014, 11:03 AM
Gameplay from AC:Unity:

Arnaud is getting chased through the streets of Paris by a two specially trained Templar assassin hunters. He does a horizontal wallrun and then jumps through one of the windows of Notre Dame, smashing the glass. Arnaud then starts to climb the mighty cathedral from the inside with his pursuers not far behind. Reaching the clock tower he starts swinging in the ropes and smashes through another window into a leap a faith and lands in a cart with hay far below. He quickly jumps out of it and kicks the cart to the side just in time for the two templars two be smashed into a bloody pile on the ground. Arnaud then runs to the Seine, dives (full underwater swimming) and swims into a secret passage connected to the catacombs. In a hidden chamber the assassins have their hideout. The demo ends with Arnaud silently looking at a grand statue of Altair.

X_xWolverinEx_X
04-13-2014, 11:18 AM
^ would be funny if you were right

EFox2010
04-13-2014, 11:27 AM
Marck Ecko's Getting Up 2

MasterAssasin84
04-13-2014, 11:28 AM
To be Honest i am not as excited for E3 this year as i was last year ?

AC Unity is really the only showing that i am truly excited about this year .

LoyalACFan
04-13-2014, 11:32 AM
To be Honest i am not as excited for E3 this year as i was last year ?

AC Unity is really the only showing that i am truly excited about this year .

Same... But I really want to see Arkham Knight in action too. I would say Witcher III as well, but I don't think CDPR does E3 demos either.

Farlander1991
04-13-2014, 11:34 AM
Wonder which company is going to have the fail E3 this year.

Also, if Ubi is going to hire this guy again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecffZBdhAUU

MasterAssasin84
04-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Same... But I really want to see Arkham Knight in action too. I would say Witcher III as well, but I don't think CDPR does E3 demos either.

Yes Witcher in particular ! i have heard the open world vastness and Graphical presentation is supposed to amazing .

Locopells
04-13-2014, 12:13 PM
I'm gonna go for the next Tomb Raider suddenly appearing. Not that I think it'll actually happen, but for that reason, it'd be a surprise...

AherasSTRG
04-13-2014, 12:48 PM
AC Unity gameplay won't be a Holy Crap moment for me. I am actually expecting it and with all the rumors about what it's about, I 'll be excited but no "omg".
Tbh, the only things that would get me to say "Hole crap" in this year's E3 are No More Heroes 3 and DmC 2 :rolleyes:.

Sushiglutton
04-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Wonder which company is going to have the fail E3 this year.

Also, if Ubi is going to hire this guy again.

Classic :D! At the time I thought he was really annoying. Now I want him back every year lol.

Megas_Doux
04-13-2014, 02:44 PM
Uncharted 4 trailer and demo!
AC Unity trailer and demo!
The Witcher 3 full demo.

Subject J80
04-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, Batman!
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, Batman!
Batman, Batman, Batman!

Arkham Knight. Batmobile.

Mr.GoodKall
04-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Uncharted Gameplay
Comet trailer
Xbox dropping another 50$ off their system
A new War/Spec ops game

Jexx21
04-13-2014, 03:42 PM
When Ubisoft announces a new spam protocol on their forums that will get rid of all spambots.

Wolfmeister1010
04-13-2014, 03:42 PM
I bet farcry 4 is gonna go the route of revelations and make it so that enemies can retake the outposts you liberate. Calling it.

Jexx21
04-13-2014, 03:43 PM
i was so hyped for Revelations, but I bought it like half a year after it came out. I was busy playing Arkham City.

Mr.GoodKall
04-13-2014, 03:55 PM
I bet farcry 4 is gonna go the route of revelations and make it so that enemies can retake the outposts you liberate. Calling it.

that's actually a good call

Perk89
04-13-2014, 04:19 PM
I want another Fallout but we all know Bethesda doesn't care about developing games people care about.

instead they'll dish out Wolfenmeiser's Revenge: The Darkness Abroad or some other stupid D-tier title

Shahkulu101
04-13-2014, 04:26 PM
Excited to see:

- Assassin's Creed Unity
- Assassin's Creed Comet
- Batman
- Far Cry 4
- Uncharted 4
- Any new IP's

I-Like-Pie45
04-13-2014, 04:28 PM
Zelda

king-hailz
04-13-2014, 05:49 PM
OK so with
Batman Arkham knight I will be like 'HOLY CRAP THE BATMOBILE IS SO ****ING AWESOME!'

With Assassin's Creed Unity I will be like 'HOLY CRAP THOSE GRAPHICS ARE TO DIE FOR'

and with UNCHARTED 4 I will be like 'HOLY CRAP!!'

I would also love to see FarCry 4!!

deskp
04-13-2014, 06:11 PM
The yet unannounced ubisoft game.

Rugterwyper32
04-13-2014, 06:18 PM
Bethesda making announcements for Fallout 4 and Doom 4 one right after the other, followed by Capcom getting their **** together and announcing a REmake style remake of RE2, then Konami announcing a new Silent Hill in which you can explore ALL OF SILENT HILL, followed by Nintendo announcing that Retro Studios is doing another Metroid game, that being the largest Metroid game to date.

Yeah, I'm not asking for much, I know.

jayjay275
04-13-2014, 06:57 PM
I'd also love the Uncharted trilogy to come to PS4.

roostersrule2
04-13-2014, 06:57 PM
AC Unity stuff.
AC Comet stuff.
The Witcher 3 stuff.
Next Mass Effect stuff.
Star Wars Battlefront stuff.
Cool new IP that everyone craps their pants over, it eventually sucks but the sequel is terrific.

LoyalACFan
04-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Cool new IP that everyone craps their pants over, it eventually sucks but the sequel is terrific.

That's what I'm afraid Watch_Dogs will be :(

Consus_E
04-13-2014, 07:56 PM
AC Unity: Gameplay Demo (I think the preview trailer was a shortened version of what we will see at E3)
AC Comet rumor being debunked...
F4llout: ANYTHING!!!
Dragon Age Inquisition: Gameplay Demo, Cinematic Trailer, Really any new info...
Far Cry 4
Arkham Knight
GTA V DLC
Half-Life 4 lol
Dishonored... Again (Dishonored sequel)
Goat Simulator 2 (My most anticipated game!)
New IP"s with less than 1% of them being generic FPS games...

frodrigues55
04-13-2014, 08:41 PM
I hope Comet (or whatever name they use to replace this crappy one) really wows me. That Kotaku rumor really turned me off, but I can see my mind changing after its gameplay presentations. So far, my expectations for it are non-existant, so I will be really surprised if the game turns out to look a good one.

Ureh
04-13-2014, 09:06 PM
Something that might never happen but would freak everyone out: Patrice returns to AC. O.O :O

"Hello, everyone, hope you're all having a good time at E3. I'm Patrice Desilet. Here, to show you the demo for the next AC game." *with his golden smile and cheerful eyes* "The top secret project that we've been working on since AC2 is now ready for you to see."

Yeah....... xD :P

frodrigues55
04-13-2014, 09:10 PM
Talking about AC's Holy Crap moments, how was the reaction here to AC4's freeze during its E3 presentation? That demo looked so damn good (and better than the final version as usual), everything was going so well.... were you guys live streaming?

TheBearJew32
04-13-2014, 09:30 PM
Cory Barlog's (God of war 2 dev) new game, if it hasn't been cancelled. Might be god of war 4 or a new ip. Whatever SSM is working on i wanna see it.

SixKeys
04-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Something that might never happen but would freak everyone out: Patrice returns to AC. O.O :O

"Hello, everyone, hope you're all having a good time at E3. I'm Patrice Desilet. Here, to show you the demo for the next AC game." *with his golden smile and cheerful eyes* "The top secret project that we've been working on since AC2 is now ready for you to see."

Yeah....... xD :P

TBH, if there was an AC game that had been in development since AC2 until now, that wouldn't be a good sign. :p Five years in development smacks of development hell which wouldn't exactly raise my hopes for a good game.

I don't have any expectations for E3, really. The only triple A series I follow is AC and I don't expect a new The Last of Us.

Shahkulu101
04-13-2014, 09:52 PM
TBH, if there was an AC game that had been in development since AC2 until now, that wouldn't be a good sign. :p Five years in development smacks of development hell which wouldn't exactly raise my hopes for a good game.

I don't have any expectations for E3, really. The only triple A series I follow is AC and I don't expect a new The Last of Us.

Dost thou not play Uncharted?

Zafar1981
04-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Rockstar never goes to E3, so that's not happening.

That's why it is the biggest "holy crap" moment for E3. That thing happen which you don't expect.

SixKeys
04-13-2014, 09:56 PM
Dost thou not play Uncharted?

Played the first one and got about halfway through the second one. Never made it to part 3 even though I quite enjoyed the first two. If I ever get a PS3 again, I'll have to start over, I suppose.

Shahkulu101
04-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Played the first one and got about halfway through the second one. Never made it to part 3 even though I quite enjoyed the first two. If I ever get a PS3 again, I'll have to start over, I suppose.

Oh yeah, forgot you were on the PC. :p

I expect Uncharted to be PS4 exclusive to be honest - so if you want to play both the whole series again including 4 you'll have to fork out quite a bit of cash. Do you reckon you'd buy a PS4 if a new TLoU were to surface?

Soulid_Snake
04-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Beyond Good & Evil 2! Been waiting 10 years for this, literally! I definitely think we'll see, Deus Ex 4, Mirrors Edge 2, and possibly Cyberpunk 2077, so those won't be too much of a surprise!!

I-Like-Pie45
04-13-2014, 10:23 PM
Bethesda making announcements for Fallout 4 and Doom 4 one right after the other, followed by Capcom getting their **** together and announcing a REmake style remake of RE2, then Konami announcing a new Silent Hill in which you can explore ALL OF SILENT HILL, followed by Nintendo announcing that Retro Studios is doing another Metroid game, that being the largest Metroid game to date.

Yeah, I'm not asking for much, I know.
still not enough to count as crapcom getting their **** together

Rugterwyper32
04-13-2014, 10:46 PM
still not enough to count as crapcom getting their **** together

Agreed, but it'd be a start. That and paying some proper attention to Megaman for once would be a good move in the right direction for them to convince me they're not too far gone.

Sushiglutton
04-13-2014, 10:52 PM
Beyond Good & Evil 2! Been waiting 10 years for this, literally! I definitely think we'll see, Deus Ex 4, Mirrors Edge 2, and possibly Cyberpunk 2077, so those won't be too much of a surprise!!

Yeah Mirror's Edge 2 is something I look forward to as well :). They have been completely quiet after the short reveal last E3.

I-Like-Pie45
04-13-2014, 10:56 PM
Agreed, but it'd be a start. That and paying some proper attention to Megaman for once would be a good move in the right direction for them to convince me they're not too far gone.

never forget:
http://cdn2.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/capcom-logo.jpg

fcederberg
04-13-2014, 11:30 PM
Mafia 3 and next Brothers in Arms.

Soulid_Snake
04-14-2014, 12:23 AM
Yeah Mirror's Edge 2 is something I look forward to as well :). They have been completely quiet after the short reveal last E3.

Hopefully the reveal wasn't premature, because rumours point to a 2016 release! The trailer does look amazing, doesn't it?

pacmanate
04-14-2014, 01:36 AM
AC Unity
Arkham Knight
Far Cry 4 (hopefully)

Man. That list is short for me :s. Only 2 game to get after May until the years over, jesus. Normally I buy around 10 games a year.

I-Like-Pie45
04-14-2014, 01:38 AM
I wish I could afford to buy ten new games a year

Jexx21
04-14-2014, 01:39 AM
Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed Comet
Batman Arkham Knight
Fallout 4
Far Cry 4
The Order: 1886
Destiny
The Division
Uncharted 4?

PS4 exclusives that may or may not be revealed

SixKeys
04-14-2014, 09:22 AM
Oh yeah, forgot you were on the PC. :p

I expect Uncharted to be PS4 exclusive to be honest - so if you want to play both the whole series again including 4 you'll have to fork out quite a bit of cash. Do you reckon you'd buy a PS4 if a new TLoU were to surface?

I wouldn't buy a PS4 just for one game. It would need to have all my favorites from the PS3 available at least in digital format (Okami HD, Red Dead Redemption, TLoU, Journey). Uncharted is an okay series, but not so good that I'd get a next-gen console just to play part 4.

Locopells
04-14-2014, 01:11 PM
Talking about AC's Holy Crap moments, how was the reaction here to AC4's freeze during its E3 presentation? That demo looked so damn good (and better than the final version as usual), everything was going so well.... were you guys live streaming?

No at the time I was...well you don't want to know, lets just say it involved helping a horse give birth...

So, what happened?

Bojanglesz
04-14-2014, 01:21 PM
I never really understood the E3 hype, but I am looking forward to AC Unity/Comet, Mirrors Edge 2 and Star Wars Battlefront

SixKeys
04-14-2014, 01:42 PM
No at the time I was...well you don't want to know, lets just say it involved helping a horse give birth...

So, what happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyUJIQBMna4

I seem to recall a few people panicking, thinking it was an indication of the game's rushed development. I think it was just a hardware fail, though.

LoyalACFan
04-14-2014, 04:02 PM
The Order: 1886

Forgot about this one, I'm rather curious to see more myself. Wouldn't say I'm exactly hyped though.

oliacr
04-14-2014, 04:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyUJIQBMna4

I seem to recall a few people panicking, thinking it was an indication of the game's rushed development. I think it was just a hardware fail, though.

:D :D :D :D this fail is similar to another game ....

I-Like-Pie45
04-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Half-Life 3
Half-Life 2: Episode 3
Portal 3
Team Fortress 3
Left 4 Dead 3

one of them has to happen eventually, right?

JustPlainQuirky
04-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Zelda Majora's mask 2 or metroid prime 4 pls.

or prototype 3

I-Like-Pie45
04-14-2014, 04:39 PM
what would the point of Metroid Prime 4 be since the Phazon storyline was pretty much ended by MP3? Aside from answering what the mysterious spaceship was.

Meow would rather see Retro Studios work on a new IP or revive another stagnant Nintendo IP the way they did for Metroid and Donkey Kong Country

JustPlainQuirky
04-14-2014, 04:40 PM
what would the point of Metroid Prime 4 be since the Phazon storyline was pretty much ended by MP3? Aside from answering what the mysterious spaceship was.

Meow would rather see Retro Studios work on a new IP or revive another stagnant Nintendo IP the way they did for Metroid and Donkey Kong Country

Not literal mp4. more like same gamplay style.

I just want a new metroid.

auuugh donkey kong

I-Like-Pie45
04-14-2014, 04:45 PM
Not literal mp4. more like same gamplay style.

I just want a new metroid.

auuugh donkey kong

what were your thoughts on Other M

JustPlainQuirky
04-14-2014, 04:52 PM
what were your thoughts on Other M

I thought the 3rd person gameplay was sorta fun but hated the auto-target and no use of control stick. Def got more hate than it deserved.

I would still prefer the prime mechanics. that way the gamepad could be used as the visor or something.

Even though I'm not a fan of FPS, the prime mechanics seem more fitting for a metroid game.

I'd love to see a third person metroid game that gets the shooting right though. Like have it work the same way like in the division.

Sushiglutton
04-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Hopefully the reveal wasn't premature, because rumours point to a 2016 release! The trailer does look amazing, doesn't it?

It sure does. But I have a feeling it's one of those target renders that don't really have anything to do with the final game. Ouch 2016 is a looong time to wait, I still hope for fall 2015. Wonder what EA has done to sabotage the experience lol. Selling running shoes through microtransactions or something.

I-Like-Pie45
04-14-2014, 05:34 PM
I thought the 3rd person gameplay was sorta fun but hated the auto-target and no use of control stick. Def got more hate than it deserved.

I would still prefer the prime mechanics. that way the gamepad could be used as the visor or something.

Even though I'm not a fan of FPS, the prime mechanics seem more fitting for a metroid game.

I'd love to see a third person metroid game that gets the shooting right though. Like have it work the same way like in the division.

and what do you have against Donkey Kong

JustPlainQuirky
04-14-2014, 06:17 PM
and what do you have against Donkey Kong

I played DK country returns 3D and though the tikis are cute, the gameplay felt very bland.

The only Donkey Kong game I enjoyed was DK64.

And the only 2.5 platformer game I enjoyed was kirby. Not a fan of DK country or new super mario bros franchise.