PDA

View Full Version : With the possible inclusion of the U-2VS/Po-2 cockpit...

PBNA-Boosher
07-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Comes best campaign. I am now working on the beginning stages of my campaign based on the exploits of the 46th Taman Guards Bomber regiment. It is called "Nachthexen." (meaning Night Witches) This was an all female squadron which carried out night harrassment bombing on the Eastern front, as well as supported the troops, flew recon, and did some rescue missions.

here is the basic background for the campaign's main pilot: YOU!

The year is 1941. Your name is Tamara Borisova. You and 200 other female pilots from across the country of the USSR have banded together at Engels (north of Stalingrad) to form the 588th NBAP (588th Night Bomber Squadron) Everything about this squadron is female. The pilots, the navigators, the office staff, and even the mechanics, are all female. Even though you were a skilled flight instructor with more than 2500 hours at the time you signed up to join the regiment, you have been selected to work on the office staff. But this does not mean that you will not fly comabat. You will be trained hard, like all the other women pilots, and if you keep your wits about you, you can possibly survive the war until May 2nd, 1945, when the now decorated 46th Taman Guards Night Bomber Regiment was disbanded.

I hope this interests you guys. However, I'm going to ask you a few questions. It will be a long, 150-200 mission campaign. It will take you from the start of training at Engels, to the final moment when the squadron was disbanded on May 2nd, 1945. You will be flying a number of different types of missions. Recon, harrasssment bombing, front line evac, troop morale, etc... In your exploits you will meet many different people who think that women should not fly, and you will have to prove them wrong. You will have to evade groundfire, spotlights, and fighters in a plane that is made of wood and fabric, and travels slower than some cars. The majority of your missions will be at night, with nothing to guide you except your map, and a good sense of direction.

Now that you know this, I'll give you the lowdown on what I have organized so far.

I have planned the first 12 missions of the campaign, which are your training missions. It uses the Stalingrad map, and you will be flying in the square between sectors N16, R16, R12, and N12. Four of these 12 training missions will be daylight missions, to get you used to the airplane. the other eight will be night missions for practice.

However, this all depends on whether the Po-2 makes it in the game as flyable, which at the moment it looks like it will. I will also be doing a short series of Online coops around this subject so that you can try it with human players. I assure you it will be very hard, but very rewarding.

Please, post some ideas if you have any here, and I'll try to implement them as best I can. I'd also love to hear feedback from you guys. Hopefully I can get the cooperation of Extreme_One for some help when I need it. Overall, I think it will be one hell of a fun project, and in the end, you will come out with an even greater respect for these women who risked everything for the defense of their motherland.

Boosher

PBNA-Boosher
07-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Comes best campaign. I am now working on the beginning stages of my campaign based on the exploits of the 46th Taman Guards Bomber regiment. It is called "Nachthexen." (meaning Night Witches) This was an all female squadron which carried out night harrassment bombing on the Eastern front, as well as supported the troops, flew recon, and did some rescue missions.

here is the basic background for the campaign's main pilot: YOU!

The year is 1941. Your name is Tamara Borisova. You and 200 other female pilots from across the country of the USSR have banded together at Engels (north of Stalingrad) to form the 588th NBAP (588th Night Bomber Squadron) Everything about this squadron is female. The pilots, the navigators, the office staff, and even the mechanics, are all female. Even though you were a skilled flight instructor with more than 2500 hours at the time you signed up to join the regiment, you have been selected to work on the office staff. But this does not mean that you will not fly comabat. You will be trained hard, like all the other women pilots, and if you keep your wits about you, you can possibly survive the war until May 2nd, 1945, when the now decorated 46th Taman Guards Night Bomber Regiment was disbanded.

I hope this interests you guys. However, I'm going to ask you a few questions. It will be a long, 150-200 mission campaign. It will take you from the start of training at Engels, to the final moment when the squadron was disbanded on May 2nd, 1945. You will be flying a number of different types of missions. Recon, harrasssment bombing, front line evac, troop morale, etc... In your exploits you will meet many different people who think that women should not fly, and you will have to prove them wrong. You will have to evade groundfire, spotlights, and fighters in a plane that is made of wood and fabric, and travels slower than some cars. The majority of your missions will be at night, with nothing to guide you except your map, and a good sense of direction.

Now that you know this, I'll give you the lowdown on what I have organized so far.

I have planned the first 12 missions of the campaign, which are your training missions. It uses the Stalingrad map, and you will be flying in the square between sectors N16, R16, R12, and N12. Four of these 12 training missions will be daylight missions, to get you used to the airplane. the other eight will be night missions for practice.

However, this all depends on whether the Po-2 makes it in the game as flyable, which at the moment it looks like it will. I will also be doing a short series of Online coops around this subject so that you can try it with human players. I assure you it will be very hard, but very rewarding.

Please, post some ideas if you have any here, and I'll try to implement them as best I can. I'd also love to hear feedback from you guys. Hopefully I can get the cooperation of Extreme_One for some help when I need it. Overall, I think it will be one hell of a fun project, and in the end, you will come out with an even greater respect for these women who risked everything for the defense of their motherland.

Boosher

LEXX_Luthor
07-27-2004, 04:27 PM
We may wish to think about low altitude slow Biplanes and night AA guns.

Can FB AA guns see at night without searchligts illuminating the target first? Even if the target has engine OFF and is silently gliding to bomb it's target? (I almost never try night mission so I don't know) .

"You will still have FB , you will lose nothing" ~WUAF_Badsight
"I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait..." ~Bearcat99
"Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age" ~ElAurens
:
"Damn.....Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
Close this book forever and don't open anymore!" ~Oleg_Maddox http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

PBNA-Boosher
07-27-2004, 04:36 PM
I won't be using the 20mm German AA that often, in fact they will be very rare. I will be using the Sd.pzkfw (I think that's what it is) a lot more, as well as some other things like Opel Blitz's with AA. Normal bombing altitude for the 46th was at 600 meters. So chances are their aim will be way off. Still, there will be some 88mm flak flying at you and definitely a few light tanks shooting up towards you. It will be immersive, and challenging. But it will be possible to win. Just watch out for those spotlights, they're killers. Enemy planes I'm not going to set to ace status, because that would not do anything, but I will set them to either average, veteran, or rookie, and chances are you'll be flying against the average or rookies more often. It makes it more survivable, but scary none the less. Planes weren't used too often against the Night Witches, but they did have tactics to evade them. You will have to use your intuition to survive in my campaign. like I said, it won't be easy.

Boosher

LEXX_Luthor
07-27-2004, 04:47 PM
A Stuka version was made for intercepting slow night raiders, but it may have been used by Italians, or by Germans in Italy, or by Germans on Easter Front. I don't remember--very fuzzy here. All I recall is something about Italy.

FB AI Stukas will attack enemy aircraft as if they are normal FB fighters if the waypoint they follow is Normfly (not GndAttack). So do Fw~189 and R~10. This could work.

"You will still have FB , you will lose nothing" ~WUAF_Badsight
"I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait..." ~Bearcat99
"Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age" ~ElAurens
:
"Damn.....Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
Close this book forever and don't open anymore!" ~Oleg_Maddox http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

CzechTexan
07-27-2004, 05:05 PM
A most excellent idea for a campaign. I was wanting to create some missions myself for the Night Witches but have not since the Po-2 is not flyable at the moment.

Do you really think there will be a flyable Po-2/U-2? Have you heard any news? I sure hope so. It will add a completely new dimension.

Enemy aircraft attacks on the Po-2 at night were rare as I have read. I recall only one account where a Me-110 attacked and shot down a few of the women. This mission was the greatest loss of life during the whole campaign. However, it would be more interesting in the game if there were more enemy attacks. You could use the Po-2 maneuverability and low level flight to survive. It would be interesting to be a rear gunner also.

I can't wait to fly your campaign now! Excellent idea! You should get a medal.

80% of all German casualties in WW2 were on the Eastern Front.
http://server6.uploadit.org/files/czechtexan-000_0049B.jpg
P-63C KingCobra "Gift From Kolkhoze Workers in the name of Lenin Vitebsk Province"

PBNA-Boosher
07-27-2004, 05:05 PM
Bf-109's, Fw-190's, and Bf-110's were usually not used for the job. Old versions of the Stuka were, with 7.62mm and 7.92mm guns. The girls stated that something as little as a tracer could start a fire on their Po-2's. Still, they were very frustrating to hit because of their slow speed. Nadia Popova only recalls being attacked by planes like the 109 once. All of the others were these modified Stukas, (I can use Ju-87B-2's and D-3's) she thinks, and other slow Luft birds.

Boosher

[This message was edited by PBNA-Boosher on Tue July 27 2004 at 04:23 PM.]

Red_Russian13
07-27-2004, 05:07 PM
I like this idea...Sounds fun to me!

I've always respected those pilots, and it'd be fun to try it.

Red Russian

TheVoodooPriest
07-27-2004, 05:14 PM
When flying this campaign just don't look at the pilot roster, could destroy the illusion of a completely female squadron... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

_____
Guilt is what small people feel when running out of excuses for their behaviour...

PBNA-Boosher
07-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Well, hopefully I'll be able to edit the rosters. I had a female russian speechpack underway, but it seems to have collapsed. If someone wants to start one, please feel free too.

Boosher

VOL_Hans
07-27-2004, 05:36 PM
~S~!

Sounds interesting!

As for the German night fighters. JU-87B and D series Stuka's were used at night against the U-2's with no modifications. I have read one book that says after 37mm cannons on the Ju-87G became innefective against tanks, and the Ju-87D-5 long-wing became too vulnerable in daylight, that those too were used at night as fighters.

It's also interesting to note that there was a dedicated version of the Fw-189A to be used against those biplanes. Some replaced the upper rear guns for an MG-151/15 in a Schrage-Musik [sp?] mount.

http://www.altitude.us/missions/The%20Volunteers/hanssig.jpg

PBNA-Boosher
07-27-2004, 05:41 PM
Those would be the planes to use, definitely. Also, there were some Bf-109 scares by the LW during a few day missions. But mostly the girls had to suffer from ground fire and flak.

Boosher

PBNA-Boosher
07-28-2004, 11:19 AM
Here is the log for the 12 training missions of my campaign, in an outlined order. I will shortly be putting up a map of what the training area will look like, then you shall fully see what I mean.
Small tidbit of info: (When it says no-fly zone, it means that there are AAA units training in that area, and they will fire upon you if you enter their sectors.)
Now, this practice may seem boring, BUT, when the campaign is finally ready, I would advise you to use them, because night flying, especially in FB, is very hard. You will have 4 Day missions, and 8 night missions with which to train in. use them well.

Mission Overview: Part 1- Training at Engels

Mission 1:Daytime- 13:52 hrs- attack targets at sector N12. (learning about bombing accuracy)

Mission 2: Daytime- 08:27 hrs- Navigation skills training. Travel to sector P16, attack targets, then land back at airfield.

Mission 3: Nighttime- 02:27 hrs- Same as mission #1, with the added challenge of night flying.

Mission 4: Nighttime- 00:13 hrs- Same as mission #2, but with the challenge of flying at night.

Mission 5: Daytime- 11:06 hrs- practice recon, sector Q12. (Beware of no-fly zone in R12)

Mission 6: Nighttime- 23:52 hrs- Night recon practice, sector R13. (Beware of no-fly zone in R12, do not harm friendly infantry encampment, sector R13)

Mission 7: Nighttime- 21:42 hrs- low-alt. navigation by waypoints and landmarks. (Beware no-fly zones in O15, R15, R12)

Mission 8: Nighttime- 02:16 hrs- low alt. Night recon practice, sector P14.

Mission 9: Daytime- 09:47 hrs- Attack small docks in sector N16. (Beware no-fly zone in sector O15)

Mission 10: Nighttime- 03:54 hrs- Same as mission #9, but with the added challenge of night flying in poor weather.

Mission 11: Nighttime- 22:12 hrs- Bad weather flight and navigation. Thunderstorms, high winds. (beware of no-fly zones in sectors R12, R15, and O15)

Mission 12:Hooray! Your check ride!Horrible thunderstorms and heavy winds. Navigate in the darkness, attack targets in sector P16. (Watch for no-fly zones in sectors R15, R12, and O15)

Boosher

PBNA-Boosher
07-28-2004, 11:45 AM
here's some proof that the Po-2 cockpit is progressing.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23484

put that in the address bar and press enter!

Scroll 2/3 the way down here, and see some more pics:
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=24863&page=8&pp=40

Boosher

Waldo.Pepper
07-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Sincerly,

I am so looking forward to flying this plane. have always wanted it. Have had a thing for the Nachthexen for years.

Love flying slower than I can walk http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

There are several great books on the subject.

I have been wrong before, but the Stuka were not used as fighters opposing the Po-2's but they were copying the Po-2's, emulating the success of the Po's. Bf-109 were the chief opponent of the PO-2's

Luftwaffe used Ar-68, Letov, Cr42, and Stuka in nachsclagegruppe (sp?)

PBNA-Boosher
07-28-2004, 12:24 PM
Here's the map for Part 1: Training at Engels

http://www.photodump.com/direct/Boosher/Training_at_engels.jpg

Try to analyze that as best you can. Any questions just post them right here!

Boosher

PBNA-Boosher
07-28-2004, 12:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
I have been wrong before, but the Stuka were not used as fighters opposing the Po-2's but they were copying the Po-2's, emulating the success of the Po's. Bf-109 were the chief opponent of the PO-2's

Luftwaffe used Ar-68, Letov, Cr42, and Stuka in nachsclagegruppe (sp?)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the book, "A Dance with Death," Nadia Popova mentions only one time where she recalled being attacked by fighters that looked like 109's. It wouldn't have made any sense to use the 109's either. They were air superiority fighters. The Germans did use modified Ju-87 Stukas, a few leftover Hs123's, and other slower planes, (Cr.42? Outdated Bf-110?) to attack the girls in their Po-2's. Never the less, in the campaign you will be attacked by a multitude of aircraft, but not all on the same night. There will also be missions where you have to evacuate your airbase because it will be about be overrun. There will be planes to get away from in those missons too.

If there are any other questions, please, post them here.

Boosher

WereSnowleopard
07-28-2004, 01:51 PM
Oh cool!, So is gunner postion playable? I bet sniper-like effect won't happen when player use it. We will look foward play it.

Also, I wonder maybe someone can create Axis career similar to "Night Witch" career.

Regards
Snowleopard

Yellonet
07-28-2004, 02:07 PM
Sounds great Boosher! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I hope you'll provide some good female pilot skins, bathing suit perhaps http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif

- Yellonet

PBNA-Boosher
07-28-2004, 03:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WereSnowleopard:
So is gunner postion playable? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take a look at this and you'll get you're answer!
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23487

Boosher

WereSnowleopard
07-28-2004, 04:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WereSnowleopard:
So is gunner postion playable? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take a look at this and you'll get you're answer!
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23487

Boosher

I already see screenshot however, it doesn't tell us if it is playable. Good example is unplayable gunner on IL-2 1941 MODEL (FIELD MODIFICATION). Thank you for quick reply as I try my best make a point without get you annoyed!

Greatly Regard
Snowleopard

Out of curious...should that IL-2 1941 MODEL (FIELD MODIFICATION) get update MOD to make gunner playable or is it waste time to do that? Maybe "copy and paste" gunner from TB-3 to that IL-2? (LOL)

PBNA-Boosher
07-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Sorry about that. Yes, the gunner position should be playable too. The guy modeling it is Naryv, and he has modeled both the Pilot and gunner positions for use. Once I'm done with the offline campaign, I may make a small online campaign as well. Each mission would accomodate 6 VVS pilots of the 588th IAP/46th GvNBAP. The 3 pilots and 3 gunners will have to work in unison to destroy their targets. It should be a lot of fun!

Boosher

_VR_ScorpionWorm
07-28-2004, 07:14 PM
Wow, after reading how dedicated you are to this campaign, and after flying bird-brain's campaigns, Im thinking about jumping into the campaign making myself.......now....where to start.....

http://img55.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Scorpion08/Hurri-1.jpg

www.vultures-row.com (http://www.vultures-row.com)

Call_me_Kanno
07-28-2004, 07:19 PM
This campaign will be a lot of fun and a nice change of pace. It'll be a more stealth and evade to reach the goal. Sorta like a Metal Gear Solid only FB style.

http://img5.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Kanno/Sig.jpg

PBNA-Boosher
07-28-2004, 07:26 PM
It will need a ton of cooperation from Oleg and the community. Once again, if anybody wants to help me make the female Russian speechpack, because the person that was making it seems to have dissapeared for now, please e-mail me at boosh at kbuch.com. I will also need cooperation from Oleg, because I need to be able to replace the roster with Female names.

Boosher

Monson74
07-29-2004, 02:48 AM
This is really outstanding - great to see a project that will cover some other aspects of WWII than the D-Day or Spitfire vs 109. Maybe there will even be a Po-2 squad one day...

S!

Monson

"The Zerst├┬Ârers will form an offensive circle." - G├┬Âring

PBNA-Boosher
07-30-2004, 02:30 PM
Why don't I write a sample briefing for you guys, so you can see how close I am to the mentality of a female Russian soldier in the Great Patriotic War. tell me if you like the style or not.

Briefing: May the 24th, 1942- Small farm, 27 kilometers north of Novorossijsk..

I opened the flap to the briefing tent. Many of the girls are already there, sitting on the ground for lack of food crates to use as chairs. Major Bershanskaya was there at the head of the tent, as usual. She had always been kind to all us. And now especially. It was dusty, but clean. Much cleaner than my dugout. It did not smell in here, though none of us had bathed in many days and nights. Major Bershanskaya spoke up. Several of the girls were hugging and crying. We had suffered a trying loss the night before...
"Good, good my darlings, you are all here. I feared you would be too upset," the Major said. My stomach growled, not because I was hungry, but with the sadness that I remembered from the night before. It always did that, I have never known why. Several of the girls near me, including my friend Nadia looked at me. Her cheeks shined in the dim light of the briefing tent. She had been crying. I looked over at Irina, she was the most shaken of us all...
"Irina," Major Bershanskaya walked over to her and knelt down next to her. "You were very brave last night."
Images flashed through my mind. A Po-2 fluttered in the distance, slowly drawing in. I had already completed my flight, and my navigator that night, Alexandra Akimova, who I do not normally fly with, was reporting the mission status. As the slow biplane floated into the light, I heard the engine sputtering, coughing. With a last, trying attempt, the engine brought the propeller around one last time, before it died and the plane fell three meters onto the soft ground. I saw Irina white with shock, and the body she held back to keep it from falling on the flight stick. It was Dusya Nosal, with a bullet straight through her temple. Her eyes were wide, and her mouth hung open in shock...
I was brought back to the present, and doubled over crying. I had not known Dusya well, but how could it be that someone should die that way? I looked again over at Irina, who too was crying. Major Bershanskaya was talking to the regiment. Now my face glistened with tears in the pale light of the tent, but I had to listen to tonight's briefing.
"Nyet, my children, do not cry." she said calmly to us. "We have a chance to avenge our Dusya tonight. There is a small army encampment near Novorossijsk which will be filled with German soldiers. There will be many officers there with their underlings. They will not expect an attack after the show they put up last night, da? Most of their troops will have already gone to sleep. Remember to keep your altitude at six-hundred meters. We don't want any mistakes like last night, do we Sasha?"
The major looked at one of our newer pilots, and my head turned too. Sasha looked down at the ground. She had flown in at three hundred meters and dropped her bombs. Her plane was almost completely engulfed in the flames, but miraculously, she and her navigator Tanya made it through alright. They were caught by groundfire afterward, however, and managed to put the plane down just after passing our front lines.
"Now, girls, the weather is not as clear as it was last night. It will be a bit hazy down by the port tonight, so don't go below our bombing altitude. Also, the clouds are low tonight, so be careful. I recieved word from fighter command today that the skies should be clear of enemy activity tonight. Our Yak fighters have done their job today. Never the less, be careful, ladies. On your maps, the army camp will be in sector H13, alright? During the last recon flight over the area, it seems that the Germans have lit large fires. We think they are burning files that they have captured. But let them burn, da? For then we shall have light to see them by... Oh! And before I forget to tell you, stay out of map sectors K13, K12, H12, and I14 tonight. Our AAA units are on full alert and will fire at anything they see."
Everyone in the room weakly smiled. We had a chance for our revenge. We would take it to heart. The briefing was dismissed, and I went up to the table at the front of the tent to see who my navigator was for the night. I ran my finger down the list to find my name, and looked to the right. It was there in Major Bershanskaya's handwriting. I was flying with Irina tonight. I walked over to her. She was still crying. The girls left the tent one by one, and went to get their planes ready for tonight's flight. I had no way to express my sorrow for Irina. So, as best I could with my bulky mens' flight suit on, I hugged her. We cried on each other's shoulders', and waited for our opportunity to take our revenge that night...
(written by PBNA-Boosher)

-Our AAA units are on full alert tonight, and any plane that flies through their sectors (K13, K12, H12, I14) will be fired upon.

-Watch our lines well. If your plane is damaged, try to land either behind our front lines, or in Partisan territory. The Partisans will see you back safely, as they always do.

Boosher

MadBadVlad
07-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Brilliant idea Boosher - this cockpit should have been in the game right from the start with the first IL-2 version in 2001. I did a Nightwitch mission for the first IL-2 and another variant for IL-2 FB which used to be available for download. Of course you could only fly Gernman, but you could fly along in exterior view with the Nightwitches and watch how successful they were. I found that bringing them in really low when the enemy had AA and searchlights usually resulted in only 2 out of 12 planes returning to base. 109s usually had a hell of a time finding them and then flying slow enough to line up for a kill. The rear gunners sent many 109s running with a smoking engine.

Hope that PO-2 cockpit gets finished and I look forward to your campaign http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Waldo.Pepper
07-30-2004, 05:03 PM
posted 28-07-04 11:30

quote:Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:

Luftwaffe used Ar-68, Letov, Cr42, and Stuka in nachsclagegruppe (sp?)

In the book, "A Dance with Death," Nadia Popova mentions only one time where she recalled being attacked by fighters that looked like 109's. It wouldn't have made any sense to use the 109's either. They were air superiority fighters. The Germans did use modified Ju-87 Stukas, a few leftover Hs123's, and other slower planes, (Cr.42? Outdated Bf-110?) to attack the girls in their Po-2's. Never the less, in the campaign you will be attacked by a multitude of aircraft, but not all on the same night. There will also be missions where you have to evacuate your airbase because it will be about be overrun. There will be planes to get away from in those missons too.

If there are any other questions, please, post them here.

Boosher

Please read the following as well...

Women in air war : the eastern front of World War II / edited and translated by Kazimiera J. Cottam.
Nepean, Ont. : New Military Pub., c1997.

and

Night witches, the untold story of Soviet women in combat / Bruce Myles.
by Myles, Bruce, 1942-
Novato, CA : Presidio, c1981.

There are several acounts of Bf-109 being used against them in both these fine books. Acconding to these books it was the MOST COMMON luftwaffe aircraft encountered by the Night WItches. I was surprised when I read that but there you go. I know it seems counter intuitive but it was the case. At least according to these books.

PBNA-Boosher
07-30-2004, 05:10 PM
I'll pick those up, thanks for the tip!

Boosher

A130
07-30-2004, 06:01 PM
Very cool idea, Boosher. Best of luck. I'd think that this could work very well for scripted missions on a server. (Battle of the Sexes?) It would make nighttime missions much more meaningful when NOBODY can see what they're doing. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Gliding in with engines off would also make a bit of a difference here...not much, really (at least, not until we get crewable AAA), but a little.

While I'm writing this, I'm getting this image of flying ~500m, middle of the night, looking for fires to bomb. I'm imagining that 2000m above me, some 109's are flying a racetrack circuit, keeping an eye on the fires and waiting to see an explosion. While I'm considering all this, I'm thinking about how much fun biplane vs. 109 fights are, for both sides. As I said, very cool stuff.

Unfortunately, moral support is about the only kind of support I can offer, but I'm really hoping that this gets done.

PBNA-Boosher
07-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Thanks! I've posted this stuff on the Sukhoi.ru russian forums as well so I can get in touch with their culture, so that this won't be a flop internationally.

Boosher