PDA

View Full Version : Make the AC:4 assassination contracts replayable!

TO_M
04-13-2014, 02:20 AM
In AC:4 the assassination contracts are finally back to being a quite fun feature, however the only downside of these contracts are that they are not replayable.

Would it be possible to patch it in so that they could be replayed? In AC:2 for example they could be replayed.

Locopells
04-13-2014, 12:19 PM
They could?

Farlander1991
04-13-2014, 12:32 PM
They could?

AC2 replay features are very weird. You can replay EVERY side mission there, but you can't replay main missions.

MasterAssasin84
04-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Whilst i like the challenge element that you have one shot to get 100% sync during the Assassination memory i would suppose its something that ubisoft could do ?

AherasSTRG
04-13-2014, 12:55 PM
They can do it and I 'd love it. Also, the fort battles were excellent. The best bits of the game for me. The crew fighting with the guards and Edward running on top of the buildings, run, run, run, AIR assassination on the occupied officer, so freakin' epic. Anyway, if you want some reaplyable gooddies, you could get the Freedom Cry DLC and play the plantation missions over and over again. If you change the angle from which you enter, the whole approach is totally different. Very good this one as well.

Sushiglutton
04-13-2014, 12:56 PM
As I have suggested before I think they should be procedurally generated. My thinking is that an algorithm could spawn a target somewhere in the open world combined with a number of guards with specified patrol routes. The target should be spawned in reasonable proximity to where you got the contract (in the same town/district at the very least). The generation doesn't have to be completely random. The algoritm could have a (long) list of known cool locations (such as on top of a landmark, deep inside a cave and so on). There could be a difficullty parameter determining the size of your reward.

(Farlander typically says that this won't work, to which I have no answer and quit the discussion. Then I suggest the exact same thing in some other thread a couple of months later).

Farlander1991
04-13-2014, 01:02 PM
Farlander typically says that this won't work

Not that it WON'T work, but procedurally generated will essentially lead to 60-70% of contracts being AC3 quality. With the other 10% probably being obviously bugged out due to, for example, not realizing that there's a market stand at some particular point (depends on how it's implemented, but maybe the procedural generation won't know about it since it wasn't loaded at the time) and the target will be standing right in the middle of this market stall, not being able to move or do anything.

A number of designed scenarios with some variables that could be changed inside is a much better solution.

Sushiglutton
04-13-2014, 01:13 PM
Not that it WON'T work, but procedurally generated will essentially lead to 60-70% of contracts being AC3 quality. With the other 10% probably being obviously bugged out due to, for example, not realizing that there's a market stand at some particular point (depends on how it's implemented, but maybe the procedural generation won't know about it since it wasn't loaded at the time) and the target will be standing right in the middle of this market stall, not being able to move or do anything.

A number of designed scenarios with some variables that could be changed inside is a much better solution.

I don't think they will be like AC3 which was just one dude spawned in the world :).

I suppose you can give the algorthm more or less freedom. I don't think they should just spawn a target in a random location, then spawn a random number of guards close by with random patrole routes. That would obviously be a total mess. Like I said the targets location could be taken from a list (which should be fairly easy to generate). Then there could be a set of possible guard placements/types and some rules for routes and so on.

Farlander1991
04-13-2014, 01:16 PM
I don't think they will be like AC3 which was just one dude spawned in the world

Well, I don't mean that exactly, more like that they're will be ****ty :p

Like I said the targets location could be taken from a list (which should be fairly easy to generate). Then there could be a set of possible guard placements/types and some rules for routes and so on.

Well, this is kinda what I said as well :p Designed situations with certain variables.

Shahkulu101
04-13-2014, 09:45 PM
I'd love this. AC4's beautiful Open-World comes calling again every so often...but there's nothing to do there and you get bored after a while. Re-activating contracts or perhaps forts would add a bit of replay value.

I want this to happen. Please show support people.

Locopells
04-14-2014, 10:56 AM
AC2 replay features are very weird. You can replay EVERY side mission there, but you can't replay main missions.

Knew you could do the tombs, never realised the other side missions were an option.

Hans684
04-14-2014, 11:09 AM
I think you mean Unity since Black Flag is already out. But if they are gonna keep the optional objectives, then every mission should be re-playable.

Locopells
04-14-2014, 11:17 AM
No, they mean a patch for Black Flag, not a suggestion for Unity.

The optional objectives weren't needed for 100% in the contracts.

Hans684
04-14-2014, 11:23 AM
No, they mean a patch for Black Flag, not a suggestion for Unity.

The optional objectives weren't needed for 100% in the contracts.

So a mini-DLC of sorts then? No thanks.

Locopells
04-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Yeah well, I doubt it'll happen at this stage. It is the downside to a yearly cycle, that improvements don't get patched into the old games, just added into the new ones. Does leave an opening for a Tomb Raider: Anniversary style upgrade, at some point, though...

frodrigues55
04-14-2014, 12:28 PM
So a mini-DLC of sorts then? No thanks.

I wouldn't see it as a DLC, but rather a patch that adds the possibility of replay mission. It really isn't any different from other patches, but I'm not sure they will make anything else for Blag Flag now.