PDA

View Full Version : PC Stuttering issues?

x8bonez8x
04-12-2014, 06:12 PM
I was curious if this is going to have the same issues PC version Trials Gold has had. Mainly the fps issue where 1 of 5 people get that bug where if they drop from 60 frames for even a second it will stutter hard making it unplayable. I'm 1 of the few with this bug and haven't been able to play Gold since I bought it. I'm willing to getting Fusion but not if the same issues that never been fixed will be around. Does anyone know about this?

STONEDSTONER666
04-12-2014, 06:54 PM
I thought you PC elites would be used to erratic frame rates by now

Barrybarfly
04-12-2014, 07:15 PM
I thought you PC elites would be used to erratic frame rates by now

No trolling or flaming please!

In answer to the original question, I dont have any specific info for you. However, whilst Gold was a port, Fusion is made from the ground up for all the platforms, so I can only imagine it will be very well optimised for each platform. One of the devs recently answered a different question with the following response.....

I can confirm the rendering resolution difference between the next generation consoles. However in our case, the difference between the next generation platforms is very small. We are running exactly the same shaders/effects without any difference in quality on both platforms. Antialiasing and texture filtering quality is also identical. Neither console has any advantage in frame rate (vsync locked 60 fps on both). Xbox 360 is also vsync locked 60 fps. All three are butter smooth and offer the same high quality Trials game play.

I have been playing the game myself on an Ultrabook (ultra lightweight laptop). The recent PC beta patch improved the frame rate on low end GPUs by 40%, and this means that my laptop now runs the game at locked 60 fps (1600x900 resolution, "Normal" settings). We are trying to scale the PC version hardware requirements even lower in future patches to allow more people to enjoy the game the way it's supposed to be enjoyed (at vsync locked 60 fps). Rest assured that we care about all these four platforms and continue to support all of them for a long time.

I hope this is of some help to you.

BlastergamerX
04-13-2014, 01:19 AM
^^Mentioning lowering the requirements, I hope it can run on my Nvidia GT 630 on my new computer, which is still the concern, as the minimum was known for GTX 460, which is a 200$ card vs 55$ on mine. (All other specs are passed, Intel i5 4440, 4GB RAM etc)

x8bonez8x
04-13-2014, 04:24 AM
In answer to the original question, I dont have any specific info for you. However, whilst Gold was a port, Fusion is made from the ground up for all the platforms, so I can only imagine it will be very well optimised for each platform. One of the devs recently answered a different question with the following response.....

I hope this is of some help to you.

Thanks for the reply! Maybe I will watch the forums the day of release just to be sure. I'm dying to get my Trials fix though. :D

Zzzlol94
04-14-2014, 02:45 AM
^^Mentioning lowering the requirements, I hope it can run on my Nvidia GT 630 on my new computer, which is still the concern, as the minimum was known for GTX 460, which is a 200$ card vs 55$ on mine. (All other specs are passed, Intel i5 4440, 4GB RAM etc)

It's actually a GT 440 but slightly updated. It meets the actual requirements though, shader model 5.0, 1GB RAM and it got DX11 too. I guess you'll be able to play it, but at a bare minimum. You should try to get a beta key and test it out.