PDA

View Full Version : Epics?!?! Not even ONE in a box

bbilbo10
04-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Anyone else have this happen... just opened an entire HON box for 1500 and received ZERO epic cards, give me a F^&%ing break!
Just curious if this is just me being unlucky or is everyone else seeing this? I am sorry, I think if I open an entire box, I should get at least ONE epic.
I am not sorry, I really do expect at least one epic per box.

Rant: Also, honestly you can shove the stupid shiny F^&%ing premium cards, F^&% those things... /Rant

pacovf
04-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Just being extremely unlucky, I got four epics out of the 20 rare+ in a HoN box. I remember back in the days of the first box, it took me four boxes to get my first epic (an imperial guard, of all cards...).

Shiny/Premium cards come for free with superpacks now apparently. They give double the normal odds for that card in the infernat pit, if you've got nothing else to do with them...

malkorion
04-11-2014, 07:25 PM
I've bought two boxes so far. I've opened the new Zefiria (Chosen of the Winds), and two of those Epic Angels (Angel of Salvation), 4 Lava Spawns (!), 2 Putrid Dragons, 1 Lotus Empire Guard, 1 Djinn Cloudshaper, 1 Anael (Chosen of the Light).

I was very satisfied. The only odd thing that I've experienced during the opening of these packs is that I've got two Emilio packs, which got me another Time Jump and Puppet Master (always welcome).

Not bad I think.

Beezlebubkis
04-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Anyone else have this happen... just opened an entire HON box for 1500 and received ZERO epic cards, give me a F^&%ing break!
Just curious if this is just me being unlucky or is everyone else seeing this? I am sorry, I think if I open an entire box, I should get at least ONE epic.
I am not sorry, I really do expect at least one epic per box.

Rant: Also, honestly you can shove the stupid shiny F^&%ing premium cards, F^&% those things... /Rant

I think I received one or two...the new version of Damran (cursed elf) which is basically a suped up Decay Spitter was the one I pulled that I remembered using in Open format immediately for my necro deck.

I also got a fourth Puppet Master out of one of the Emilios recently for something or another. (I'd been saving for one before the change so that worked out.)

Honestly the best cards in the new set have been commons and uncommons so far for general use, depending on the format. I've got a few rares which I think are interesting, but in play testing I'm questioning the value, whereas cards like Blood Ritualist for Necro/vampire decks is insanely powerful. (Especially for standard) For my old Crag Hack deck (which was hitting around 1450 ELO before the change) Goblin Mentor, a simple common, is essentially like doubling up Dark Assasins!

I was only able to buy one box, but at least now I've opened up the wildcard store for all sets past and present. I'm not sure how I feel about Standard Vs Open yet, but whatever the shortcomings there are some strong meat and potato cards I prefer to have four of to any epics in the new set.

sir_z
04-11-2014, 09:10 PM
the worst thing that happened to me is that I opened 2 boxes of HoN boosters and wound up with 6 Water Flows Freely and 5 Sacred Venom Fumes, so i'm already getting excess crap rares.That's 11 of 40 rare/epics were those two cards.

I did get 6 epics and 1 hero though

bbilbo10
04-12-2014, 01:48 AM
Well, seems like I am just taking it in the old cornhole! Oh well, sucks... still annoyed that I didn't even get ONE, although they are not that great.

Revalon
04-12-2014, 09:07 AM
malkorion: those emilio's might be for completion of an achievement.

Alamand
04-12-2014, 03:32 PM
I bought 3 boxes and I don't think I got any epics in the first one, though by the time I was finished opening the 3rd I had 7 of the new zefiria, thanks obama. Also just to rub salt in the wounds, I won my first swiss and what do I get in the pack? my 8th zefiria.

cassandra112
04-13-2014, 01:07 PM
ha RNG being RNG.

yeah, I didn't get one either.

A HoN box, and like 350g in BS2 packs.
no epics in the HoN, and 2 epics out of all those BS2 packs.

Also, yeah, premium cards are terrible. Is there a UI option to turn off the annoying shine/reflect? There should be.

malkorion
04-13-2014, 01:54 PM
ha RNG being RNG.

yeah, I didn't get one either.

A HoN box, and like 350g in BS2 packs.
no epics in the HoN, and 2 epics out of all those BS2 packs.

Also, yeah, premium cards are terrible. Is there a UI option to turn off the annoying shine/reflect? There should be.

There was a premium filter in the old one, it should be in the new one as well.

Papa_Nurgle
04-17-2014, 03:12 AM
My HoN box had 3 or 4 deathlords and at least 2 Lightning Curses. My first FW box also had 4 mass rages and I've opened at least 5 or 6 Nurs, yet no Hikyu or Zefiria. Random Number God is a fickle *******.

bbilbo10
04-18-2014, 04:27 AM
Let me clarify - do not really care about BS2 boxes/packs, trying not to waste any gold on that.. only the new expansion with the NEW rares is what I am curious about, thanks again for the input.

Blitz556
04-18-2014, 07:15 AM
I got one each of the new Anael, Damran, Putrid Dragon and Charity from my first HoN box... can't complain I guess. On another note, I got 4 Blood Rings, 6 Sacred Venom Fume so far. Yay me!

Maerwin
05-08-2014, 04:04 PM
Their RNG is weird... I bought one box and got one Lotus Guard (so far, so good), and then 3 (THREE) Delebs in 4 last boosters. I like her, but not THAT much. And it's not just the epics, other cards also like to get repeated a lot, or not come at all. Out of the 10 boosters, I got 4 Water Flows Freely, 4 Boneyards, 5 Barricades and 6 Goblin Mentors (okay, those are common, but come on). And I waited a bit after opening every booster (in case the random is based on time). Don't have more boxes to experiment with, and I understand that 10 boosters are too small a sample size, but I don't trust the RNG they got there (and I guess if my Delebs could think, they wouldn't trust it either)

Papa_Nurgle
05-09-2014, 08:06 PM
So after reviewing my collection of HoN I have bought 58 packs and a box to date. Of all of that I have opened a single hero. It was Deleb, which is nice, but seriously, wut?

malkorion
05-12-2014, 10:28 AM
I've opened 3 Kenages already :P

Papa_Nurgle
05-12-2014, 10:28 PM
3 Kenages

Is that all? I have triples of Pao Warchief, Anal, and Putrid Dragon. :rolleyes:
I'm at two heroes now, though as I bought a Masfar, so I'm sure I'll open him soon...

zapp626
05-14-2014, 08:08 AM
Is that all? I have triples of Pao Warchief, Anal, and Putrid Dragon. :rolleyes:
I'm at two heroes now, though as I bought a Masfar, so I'm sure I'll open him soon...

Don't worry, that's very unlikely to happen. I saved 4500 seals from before the patch and bought 2 HoN boxes and one Base Set 2 Box (was still missing a lot of stuff from BS2). Not a single hero. Not one, in 30 packs with TWO rares/epics/hero chances. Heros are really hard to get in this game.

P.S.: Actually if I come to think about it. I own around 3.000 cards now. I only opened a single hero that was not in a Heroic Pack so far: Takana Osore. The rest I bought with WCs or got from Heroic Packs (or as a reward like Crag). So the chance of getting a hero in a pack must be close to 0.

Revalon
05-14-2014, 09:24 AM
So the chance of getting a hero in a pack must be close to 0.

Iirc Kimmundi said on stream that chance for a hero was 1/14.

zapp626
05-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Iirc Kimmundi said on stream that chance for a hero was 1/14.

Well then I'm really unlucky when it comes to heros, because I should own around 15 to 20 heros by now from packs. I will go and check if i'm at least lucky with epics.

P.S: I guess yes, including the one hero card 39 epics. That's more then 1/14 for the amount of packs I bought so far (if epics and heroic cards have the same probability)

Novalarius
05-15-2014, 09:39 AM
I have found more or less all the cards, including epic 3 or 4x (but I've only a Djinn) But I had to open 6 boxes.....

ulpsz
05-16-2014, 01:47 PM
card distribution for HON is really appalling...

i was still not having 4 of all COMMONS after 100 packs (50 of wich were superpacks)

and in the last 40 packs I bought with gold I GOT ONLY CARDS THAT I HAVE 4 of

still missing 2 thralls of hatered , i got one of each epic but I'm the proud owner of 10 putrid dragons

I only miss kenage as heroes...but i have 4 premium version of all others

anyway I got 4 wolf captains in my first void box so I shouldn't be as lucky allways

Revalon
05-16-2014, 02:10 PM
anyway I got 4 wolf captains in my first void box so I shouldn't be as lucky allways

yes, you had enough luck for a lifetime in this game :p