PDA

View Full Version : Logitech MX 500

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 08:56 AM
Does RVS support the extra side buttons on the MX 500, MX 700 mice? The mousewear software doesn't let you bind a key to the button. It only give you a list of pre-defined keys you can select from (which I don't use).

Logitech say that the game developers must add support for the extra buttons. The developers Say its upto the mice software. Whats the point of putting on extra buttons if nobody will support a proper mapping functionality.

At least with the MS optical mice, you can bind a key to each button. Any key you like. Then you can bind that profile to a game of you choice and have a different profile for every game you play.

I'm running the mouseware 9.76, I've also put on the ghost recon reg fix, which did work for GR. Thanks to whoever created that.

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 08:56 AM
Does RVS support the extra side buttons on the MX 500, MX 700 mice? The mousewear software doesn't let you bind a key to the button. It only give you a list of pre-defined keys you can select from (which I don't use).

Logitech say that the game developers must add support for the extra buttons. The developers Say its upto the mice software. Whats the point of putting on extra buttons if nobody will support a proper mapping functionality.

At least with the MS optical mice, you can bind a key to each button. Any key you like. Then you can bind that profile to a game of you choice and have a different profile for every game you play.

I'm running the mouseware 9.76, I've also put on the ghost recon reg fix, which did work for GR. Thanks to whoever created that.

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 10:43 AM
Oh, but you CAN bind keys to all the buttons of the MX700 in mouseware, so I guess you should also be able to do so for the MX500. You are however limited to some keys. I have bound my mousebuttons to the F-keys and it works fine. You just need to do some remapping of the RvS controls http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Message Edited on 06/19/0309:47AM by SlowKarma

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 03:12 PM
Yeah a small selection of F keys. What about the entire alphabet and numerics? Also I dont want the F keys mapped to the buttons when i'm on the the desktop. I need the standard foward and back buttons. And I aint gonna remap them back and forth everytime.

I've since found out that the microsoft intelli drivers work with the MX series. Via that you can make profiles as I said above. Time to loose logictech software and go back to Microsoft. I'd never thought in a thousand years I'd be doing that for a mouse.

Cheers Microsoft.

:-)

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 03:55 PM
What Microsoft drivers are you using?

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 05:04 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/download.asp

go here and get them. For mouse type, select Intellimouse.

Should do the trick.

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 05:17 PM
u can bind the side keys to ANY key(at least i can...)
i have a mx700 and a dual optic, and with EVERY game i had
this issue, count not bind 'mouse4 or 5' and get it to work.

the fix...... in mouseware bind the side keys to 'f5' and
'f6' then, in ur 'user.ini' file in the save/profile
folder under [engine'input] u will see all fkeys listed,
then find the stock key to find what command to add after
the (=)

example
Shift=zoom
F5=zoom

good luck =)

(|)

XyZspineZyX
06-20-2003, 02:28 AM
Interesting. Thanks for that. But it still doesn't fix the problem of having different profiles for different games, which isn't a biggie, but it still means you need to reset the ini file when you want to use the desktop back and forward function to the buttons. Then when you want to play a game, you have to re-adjust the ini file again.

Thats where the mouseware becomes usless. Microsoft did get that right.

Message Edited on 06/20/0301:30AM by Edeyes

XyZspineZyX
06-21-2003, 08:01 AM
Should this be the wireless intellamouse or the other?

XyZspineZyX
06-21-2003, 10:02 AM
u should only have to put it in the ini once.

u would have to use 'mouse properties' to set the side
keys from foward and back, to f5 and f6 before u play, and
then revert back after u play. some would say that u could
also go as far as to create different profiles with windows
login, up to you. i think if u just left the side keys for
games, it wouldnt take long to get use to life in windows
with out them again (i bought my for the purpose of using
them in games, so i was determind to get it to work)

(|)

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 03:10 AM
Bump
sorry should these be the wireless drivers?

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 12:16 PM
any logitech mouse as a matter of fact...

(|)

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 09:26 AM
Umm no I didn't use the intelliemouse wireless drivers. I got the drivers for old corded one.

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 10:48 AM
just get the right driver from the official site of logitec, and install.

then bind those extra keys to [F8] or so ... that way u can use all of ur mouse buttons, u can belive me, i did it meself aswell :P

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 01:51 PM
You may not be able to help me, but you seem like you know about this. I have tried UBI and Logitech and have not got help.

I have the cordless elite Logitech optical.

On the mouse I want to make the button for the thumb or F9 my run. I switched it in the options and userint, but it won't work. I can make it zoom in and out and croutch ( not binded croutch - LowerPosture/OnRlease raisePosture). That only works on my right or left mouse.

Ideally what I would like to do is make f9 binded croutch or run can you or anyone help?????

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 10:51 AM
Wohoooooo, Logitech have new drivers version 9.78

They have removed the F key bindings to the side buttons and added a keystroke function. (Why this wasn't done from the begining I do not know)

Time to update.

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 01:55 PM
I use a little program caled Logitech Gamer made by this guy : gpkgpk13@yahoo.com
He used to post on this forum. Great little program that lets you bind all the buttons on your MX 500-700 mouse. The program I have only works with the Logitech 9.76 drivers and refuses to work with the 9.78's. If you would like a copy of the program email me at majacobs@ohiohills.com It's very small.

Windows XP Pro
DirectX 9.0b
AMD 2600+
MSI KT333 Ultra
Antec TruePower 430
1024 PC2700 DDR
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Cat 3.6 Omega
SB Audigy 2
100 gig HD Space
Logitech MX700

XyZspineZyX
08-07-2003, 02:04 PM
Here is what the program key setup looks like;

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/174408/logitechgamer.JPG

just remap your functions in the game to unused F keys.

Windows XP Pro
DirectX 9.0b
AMD 2600+
MSI KT333 Ultra
Antec TruePower 430
1024 PC2700 DDR
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Cat 3.6 Omega
SB Audigy 2
100 gig HD Space
Logitech MX700