PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Endless Update

TheHiddenBlade.
04-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Hey everyone,
So a while ago an 'update' came out (I think) and AC4 started updating at launching the game.
This screen is shown at Uplay for a pretty long time everytime I start up AC4:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2zt96x3.jpg
Then after it 'updated' the game, I get this message:

http://i60.tinypic.com/34ov4w7.png

Something went wrong apparently.
I get this message everytime I start up AC4 and its getting annoying since it takes such long time.
Also, a long with the update, ALL my progress (save file) was reset. I had like 98% so I must start over again.
I can live with that though, but I want my game to work perfectly so I want the error solved first.
Can someone help me with this?
~Flash

EyepatchEagle
04-10-2014, 10:26 PM
As far as I know, this is common and happens to many. Ignore the error message and install PunkBuster manually.

TheHiddenBlade.
04-10-2014, 10:49 PM
As far as I know, this is common and happens to many. Ignore the error message and install PunkBuster manually.

I just did a manual punkbuster update, but I still get the same error.
Could it have something to do with my AC4 being on Disc (D:) or having 2 Ubisoft Game Launchers (both on (C:) and (D:))?
~Flash

YazX_
04-11-2014, 10:47 AM
run the game as administrator, this useless punkbuster is trying to place files into windows folder which is protected and need administrator access, so you need to disable UAC and run the game as administrator, once installation is done, reset UAC to its default settings.

P.S: i always copy files to an HDD and install from there, installing from optical media is too slow and might end up with errors.

TheHiddenBlade.
04-11-2014, 10:55 PM
run the game as administrator, this useless punkbuster is trying to place files into windows folder which is protected and need administrator access, so you need to disable UAC and run the game as administrator, once installation is done, reset UAC to its default settings.

P.S: i always copy files to an HDD and install from there, installing from optical media is too slow and might end up with errors.

Thank you, this worked for me. Though its annoying start it up like this everytime :\

YazX_
04-12-2014, 07:52 PM
Thank you, this worked for me. Though its annoying start it up like this everytime :\

you can make it run by default as admin by:

1. Right click on game's shortcut.
2. select properties.
3. Go to compatibility tab.
4. check the box that reads "Run this program as administrator" at the bottom.

this will always run the game as admin when you double click on its shortcut or run it from pinned taskbar icon, though you dont need to do that everytime you run the game, game setup is just once and whenever you run it again, it doesnt need to do any installation except for patches which dont require admin privileges.