PDA

View Full Version : Highlander Invitational #1

Milky97
04-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Hello fellow Duelists it is my pleasure to present to you the first episode of my highlander invitational series that i will begin now.
Q's and A's so that will help you understand everything about it:
What is Highlander?
Highlander means that you must only play one card per copies (and unlike in the game achievemts premium/foil card can not be used to add a second copie). In my invitational i will also add the rule that uniques cards are banned.
Doesn't sound very competetive - why make a tournement with it?
While there probaly is a bit more luck and less in depth deck building involved than in regular formats, it openes cards and combos that you haven't seen before (because they can't stand the competetive meta) and to use/handle those requires a lot of skill and often highlander duels are very skillful as they are slower, but open more options for both players in their representive turns. And the main reason: FUN! It is a hell lot of fun to both - play and spectate them.
Sounds already better, now do you have great players to take on the challenge?
Oh hell i do: The 8 players of the first invitational are: The Czech Serpentfly,The Overthinker,Anja,MrPozdrav_Gustav,Some Guy with an unknown amount of K's in his name, The dude that apperently likes sweeties, Boldie and the one and only random guy.
Not excited? Hmm can't be helped then... or wait maybe you know them only under their aka's:
Uraxor, Zergrusher, Nillicomes, LQDBrunt, jkkk89, MnM_VS_Smarties, Izachiel and trupiciel!
**** that got me excited! Where can i follow this?!?
See the bracket here: http://challonge.com/HI_1
Tune in on: http://www.twitch.tv/gz_tv on the to be determined dates where i will stream some of the matches and also commentate them!
Prices:
1st place : 300 seals + Community Invitational Banner + DoC retail box (including Cassie Alternate & 750 seals)
2nd place : 200 seals + 1 superpack
3rd place : 100 seals + 1 superpack

Additional Information (for the players):
All games up to the final will be Bo3, the final will be bo5 and small finals shall be played out(bo3). I ask you to play out the matches in self organisation in the week between sunday the 13th and sunday the 20th. If you need any help in scheduling the matches/have any problems/need more time, i guess all of you know a way to contact me ;).
You may always use any deck as long as it is highlander and doesn't have uniques included (=Deck switches allowed at any time). Please report all the matches to me and keep the results of semis and final secret until they were streamed.

maly_drab
04-10-2014, 02:47 PM
The Czech Serpentfly,The Overthinker,Anja,MrPozdrav_Gustav,Some Guy with an unknown amount of K's in his name, The dude that apperently likes sweeties, Boldie and the one and only random guy.

funny funny ^^

LQDBrunt
04-10-2014, 02:48 PM
You just had to put me against Nillicomes ? Grrr..
And it's "dan_Gustav" lately, get your facts together :p

trupiciel
04-15-2014, 08:29 AM
Where does that freaking uppercase T in my nickname come from gzmilkman?

Milky97
04-15-2014, 07:09 PM
i am so sorry trupi :D
Also i ask to send replays from everyone to *email address removed*

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
04-16-2014, 11:24 AM
It is not a good idea to post your email address on an open forum, I have removed it for you.

Milky97
04-17-2014, 09:42 AM
What? :D Its the email adress of my team and not my priv one, its only for this kind of purposes

SpaceElephant
04-17-2014, 07:04 PM
Hey guys, don't hesitate to keep us updated, we can promote this event on our different channels!
-SpaceE

Milky97
04-24-2014, 03:45 PM
Hey guys i just updated the prices to the original post, which are really awesome! :) Also i will announce the date of the stream for semi finals and finals until the end of the week, so stay tuned!

trupiciel
04-24-2014, 08:26 PM
Give 5 seals to places 8-4 each :P

Milky97
07-30-2014, 09:57 PM
Hey guys a quick update! Unfortunatly this whole event lasted longer than i had originally thought because several players had less time unfortunatly, however it finished i think around 1month ago. Then i had not a lot of time and a little after griffin bane came out i wanted to prepare the stream when i realized that old replays dont work anymore.. Does anyone know if its possible to make old replays work anyhow?

jbS1ash
08-01-2014, 07:58 PM
A few months ago i ask this question and the answer was "no chance" to see old replays. Now, i don't know, but i think nothing changes.