PDA

View Full Version : Great patch but..

XyZspineZyX
12-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Really a great patch, i love the new tuning of the planes - a brand new feeling. Also i can finally fly a P-51 and realize how good it is. But it seems that air collisions are far more frequent compared to patch 1.1. So far i played around 20 missions of the Hungary campaign and i witnessed at least 20 air collisions. Sometimes there's 2-3 collisions per mission, sometimes none. I think that improvement is a major failure in the new patch.

I also have my own theory about those collisions, they happened frequently when i use the accelreated time 4x and 8x. So my theory is that because it goes faster, it generates lag and the position of plane #1 will "freeze" and that could increase the chances for plane #2 to take the position of plane #1. Because plane #1 isn't where it should be because of the lag, it creates an air collision.

Now you're going to tell me : "Well if you figured that out why don't you stop using accelerated time?" Yeah but who wants to take 1 hour to complete 1 mission? I don't and many people don't want to take 1 year to complete a russian campaign. So i suggest that they increase spacing between planes in formation and they stop making the planes fly like bees when they detect ennemies.

XyZspineZyX
12-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Really a great patch, i love the new tuning of the planes - a brand new feeling. Also i can finally fly a P-51 and realize how good it is. But it seems that air collisions are far more frequent compared to patch 1.1. So far i played around 20 missions of the Hungary campaign and i witnessed at least 20 air collisions. Sometimes there's 2-3 collisions per mission, sometimes none. I think that improvement is a major failure in the new patch.

I also have my own theory about those collisions, they happened frequently when i use the accelreated time 4x and 8x. So my theory is that because it goes faster, it generates lag and the position of plane #1 will "freeze" and that could increase the chances for plane #2 to take the position of plane #1. Because plane #1 isn't where it should be because of the lag, it creates an air collision.

Now you're going to tell me : "Well if you figured that out why don't you stop using accelerated time?" Yeah but who wants to take 1 hour to complete 1 mission? I don't and many people don't want to take 1 year to complete a russian campaign. So i suggest that they increase spacing between planes in formation and they stop making the planes fly like bees when they detect ennemies.

XyZspineZyX
12-05-2003, 07:18 PM
Oleg`s been asked about increating the spacing of AI (Jetbuff`s idea I think), but I don`t think it`s happening... A simple and good idea. true.

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire Whiner Member).