PDA

View Full Version : Farewell and good luck

cpcg101
04-10-2014, 01:05 AM
I wish you luck in your endeavours, Ubisoft. In the words of Michelle Shockd "The secret of a long life is knowing when it's time to go."

Well I've been playing this game for a couple of years now and I've won tournaments with every faction. I looked at what you've done to the game today and I (like many other people) am disappointed with the economic changes made to the game. I already have 4 of every card you are selling for gold and you're also removing seals from the weekly log-in bonus. So we're all now supposed to happily empty our bank accounts into yours out of love or addiction? Some shower of meeting-junkies came up with that strategy I suppose. Duel of Champions, for a long while was my favourite game. Well done to the team that built it, sorry it got nerfed by the money men.

If you ever return to better ways then you'd better shout it loud.

:(

BingoBozz
04-10-2014, 01:40 AM
I'm a new player to the game, only started like a week before this update.
Any update is apt to aggravate some people, but I really don't understand your grievance.

So you have all the cards they give for gold now - eventually the new ones will be available for gold too (if I understand it right).

Is that really all that made you leave after years of playing? Sounds like you might have been heading for the door anyway ;-)

I don't like how they removed the seals for new levels either, and some other stuff seems off to me as well - but certainly we should play a few games before we give it a definite thumbs down?

In any case, best of luck to you as well!

Salv0h
04-10-2014, 04:22 AM
I wish you luck in your endeavours, Ubisoft. In the words of Michelle Shockd "The secret of a long life is knowing when it's time to go."

Well I've been playing this game for a couple of years now and I've won tournaments with every faction. I looked at what you've done to the game today and I (like many other people) am disappointed with the economic changes made to the game. I already have 4 of every card you are selling for gold and you're also removing seals from the weekly log-in bonus. So we're all now supposed to happily empty our bank accounts into yours out of love or addiction? Some shower of meeting-junkies came up with that strategy I suppose. Duel of Champions, for a long while was my favourite game. Well done to the team that built it, sorry it got nerfed by the money men.

If you ever return to better ways then you'd better shout it loud.

:(

i agree with cpcg, i just started playing a couple of months ago and recently hit lvl 33 and started playing everyday because i got to the point where i can actually build a decent deck i can win with. but with this new update it seems they have built a ceiling above me and i can no longer progress and enjoy this game anymore, i have still yet to find an answer of how we get seals within this new format. and if the answer is to open our wallets i to will have to just walk away, i neither can afford to indulge or feel i should shell out money for something i previously gotten for free. i may sound cheap to you die hard MnM players who have been playing since the start but there's truth to it, if i cant get seals anymore by at least earning them then i will have to take my attention elsewhere. sadly i dont think im the only person who feels this way

Traigsoon
04-10-2014, 04:39 AM
HoN will be available for gold in a couple of weeks.

It sounds like you are leaving because you can't get 100% of the content for free immediately upon its release.

Salv0h
04-10-2014, 06:44 AM
still cant buy box sets with gold...

avitaru
04-10-2014, 10:31 AM
HoN will be available for gold in a couple of weeks.

It sounds like you are leaving because you can't get 100% of the content for free immediately upon its release.

Do you fail to mention the old packs that were available for gold on purpose? Sure we get more gold but you can't really choose what to buy with it. All the old packs are gone and with a "300 card" BS2 set it broadens the random factor a lot. And it blocks any possibility you have to going into 'open' play. I don't mind the wait to buy new content but I do complain when they take away options with no alternative.

L4t3ralu5
04-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
One whiner less, good riddance.

Gouster
04-10-2014, 11:09 AM
Its sad to see people quit the game, but all these posts that say i.ve been playing for x amount of time, spend nothing and have everything or close to it, it kinda validates their thinking doesnt it?

Zeus_Auriel
04-10-2014, 01:15 PM
strange thing is that all of sudden you have 2 groups of players, one who think they will be happy once the gold version of packs come out, and other that seem to see the point of not getting any other free seals.

and now most of those who say "yeah but you will be able to buy it with gold, so why you whine" will for sure in some period of time be frustrated cause they WILL not be ABLE to get what they want even with gold packs, and then they will whine and leave game.

there is a factor of luck when you buy box or pack, a lot of people forgets it until they buy something and dont get what they want or need. plus you cant get any BS1 for gold, and you wont be able to ever.

so long story short, look at this in more realistic aspect, you cant beat the bank, and if there are things like "F2P" then there should be a way to do it without of loosing big aspect of equal chances to others who pay, and i challenge all of you who are so smart and think youll do fine to play at good level with gold packs the same when you spend seals

gabusan
04-10-2014, 03:36 PM
I am saving my gold for the time when HoN is available for gold. I dont need more legacy packs and I was sick of buying them only to get nothing but a wild card and a bunch of cards I already have. They ara giving me 3 wild cards per day with the daily missions. I no longer need wild cards in my packs and I can focus on winning matches for the daily missions instead of just mindlessly grind.

I am satisfied with the changes.

Glygi
04-10-2014, 03:42 PM
I am saving my gold for the time when HoN is available for gold. I dont need more legacy packs and I was sick of buying them only to get nothing but a wild card and a bunch of cards I already have. They ara giving me 3 wild cards per day with the daily missions. I no longer need wild cards in my packs and I can focus on winning matches for the daily missions instead of just mindlessly grind.

What rank are you, friend ? I'm guessing Champion 1 at least ? I am Lord Commander and I got only gold rewards for my dailies ;_;

Wtb wild cards per day too QQ

CrikRock
04-10-2014, 03:45 PM
So u quit the game just because they don't give u more free seals? Ok, we were used to get them but i don't really see all this tragedy. I see great improvmentes on the game and yesterday i had a lot of fun trying to get daily rewards and creating new decks just to play the new jackpot format(this weekly format allows decks with only cards from BS2) and i made about 60k gold that means 4 bs2 packs! I had a lot of fun because there are no more fast quits. I had a lot of fun because rush decks are no more the way to grind gold. I played this game since FW expansions but the way it took now is the right way for the game. No more boring Kelthors etc, no more playing just to reach the new level and get free seals. (i spend a lot of time grinding to levelling up and quick quitting to bring down the elo and starting again and that was not fun, not for me and neither for the opponents) .
And what about money? Do you think is become a P2W game? How much does a game costs normally? Let's say 50-60 euro. What do u think to buy here for that price? U need 70 euro to get 6400 seals from the shop, right? And with them u can get 4 new boxes. Ok, it sounds good but wow, i dont' see all this advantage! In 2-3 weeks everyone can buy the latest expansions for gold and if i play a bit like yesterday in the next 3 weeks i will earn 1200k gold that will be enough to buy the same quantity of all kind of cards u get in 3 new boxes(ok, no added wildcards that's true).
This new direction will give the game a long term sadisfaction, i'm sure about that.

DeGreiff
04-10-2014, 03:46 PM
You know what blows my mind? This guy makes it clear that he enjoyed the game so much he played it for two years and it was his favorite game. He got hundreds if not thousands of hours of entertainment... How much did he spend? Probably not a dime, but even if it was as much as a hundred bucks, over that amount of time, it's nothing. Just think about how much you pay to go see a movie (2 hours), how much a single player game costs, etc.

What does he expect the developers to do? Work for free, forever? This is one sad, deluded individual.

NightEnder
04-13-2014, 04:11 PM
so happy to see all the marketing team members raging at the poster. Yeah, screw this game. I spent $100 already and am happy I don't have to waste anymore after the changes. Go jerk yourselves marketing team after getting new quarterly sales report. Good luck.

Brizbool
04-13-2014, 11:44 PM
I'm feeling exactly the same as the poster.
Really liked this game from the start following stream and so much more.

Sadly, here comes the uninstall

I'll just quote the title,

"Farewell and good luck"

KingNarik
04-15-2014, 06:14 AM
Already uninstalled the game. It's dead for me now. A there's a few simple reasons for that:
1. Open format is dead. No way a new player can build a competitive deck for this format without paying real money (at least not within 4-6 month period). Not to mention the balance issues in this particular format. I think, Devs will give no more concern about it.
2. Daily Quest system is awful. Why uncompleted quests don't change the next day? What if I don't want to play duels with my friends?(I've got no friends, or I'm just a sociopath and hate people). What if I don't want to play a Necro faction for example? (I don't have even a remotely playable deck, or I just hate it) Well... let the quest hang there forever, why not? lol
3. When the next expansion arrives we'll be given a choice: pay a lot of money, or get owned by those who paid, for about a month, till new packs will become available for gold. Thanks a lot for that! Maybe, for casual players it is not that bad, but for players who spend more than 2 hours in the game every single day it's a complete disaster.
4. And other small but annoying things. Like JP tournaments getting less interesting due to a very small rewards...
Anyway, Duel of Champions is a great game, and it is really a shame what have happened to it. No loss to Ubisoft, me and the other players who leaving didn't pay any money anyway.

cpcg101
05-22-2014, 12:13 AM
After a month away i'm back and I knew it! I've just spent 20 minutes waiting to join a tournament and gave up at 4/8. This game's ****. UBI: "WE LOVE THE STARTERS WE DO WE DO!" They spend the most money and therefor are all that matters. I have over 500 friends in this game and 2 are playing tonight. None of the players I've played tonight have offered friendship. It's over, I knew it was but had to make sure. What a shower of winkers to destroy a spanking game for money. Good job this didn't happen to football in 1898. ***** meeting junkies should all be sacked. Right now!.

P.S. goodbye again

Portios86
05-22-2014, 04:30 AM
Itīs always sad to see an old player quitting this game.

Yes we have less people for tournaments and ladder :( they are doing something wrong.
btw people seem to donīt understand your reasons, itīs not about wildcards or seals.

However, you should keep an eye on the forums, they are developing a patch, it could be good enough.

Gadjemil
05-22-2014, 07:56 PM

lol