PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP + FB + Sidewinder question

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 02:16 PM
Heya gents

Well, i got a question about the compatibility of my old MS Sidewinder FFB PRO (buy in 1998) and Windows XP.
Until now i only used it with Windows 98 as well but i installed at a friend's house to test and he had Windows XP installed. Its joystick's software didnt work well at all and guns were firing at will in FB without any buttoms being pressed. I think its a driver problem? Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 02:16 PM
Heya gents

Well, i got a question about the compatibility of my old MS Sidewinder FFB PRO (buy in 1998) and Windows XP.
Until now i only used it with Windows 98 as well but i installed at a friend's house to test and he had Windows XP installed. Its joystick's software didnt work well at all and guns were firing at will in FB without any buttoms being pressed. I think its a driver problem? Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 05:26 PM
I`m not 100% sure, since i don`t use FFB1 with XP. But i remember my friend having same type of problem. And if i`m not mistaken he ended up letting XP install the driver, never used the original CD.
Maybe just uninstall drivers for stick and let XP use its own?

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 05:42 PM
Hi Hans !

I do have the same force feedback joystick here and works
just fine with the windows suplied driver.Never had to instal any diferent driver than this one.
Did you make the right sets at the control panel/game
controler options?

Mine is configured as:

Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Pro OK

Hope it help's

Saudations fron Brasil !!!

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 05:48 PM
Sory

Forgot to tell....I use windows XP Pro here.

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 09:38 PM
Thanks alot for ur replies guys, you really helped. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif