PDA

View Full Version : Bombers

JFC_Jetdoc31
02-14-2004, 11:47 PM
The Fighter Pilots always seem to get new toys to play with,but us hardcore Bomber Pilots are seemed to be always forgotten.Would love to see more Bpmbers besides just the TB-3s for the allies that we can fly we don't stand a snowballs chance against any of the new Aixes fighters that are come in the Expandation Pack .I feel the Allied bomber Pilots are being set up for clay pigons the ME-110 will cut us out of the skies.Looks like the Allies will have to ground the Bomber wing because we will be come a joke in the skies

JFC_Jetdoc31
02-14-2004, 11:47 PM
The Fighter Pilots always seem to get new toys to play with,but us hardcore Bomber Pilots are seemed to be always forgotten.Would love to see more Bpmbers besides just the TB-3s for the allies that we can fly we don't stand a snowballs chance against any of the new Aixes fighters that are come in the Expandation Pack .I feel the Allied bomber Pilots are being set up for clay pigons the ME-110 will cut us out of the skies.Looks like the Allies will have to ground the Bomber wing because we will be come a joke in the skies

Heavy_Weather
02-15-2004, 06:09 AM
pretty sad eh? we can send missions to Mars and men to the moon, but we cant make all the bombers in this game flyable http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

"The wise man is often the man who plays dumb."

JFC_Jetdoc31
02-15-2004, 06:46 AM
Yes you are so right

250th TBAP Commanding Officer
Captain Jetdoc

when you need to totally destoryed something
call a Bomber Pilot

VW-IceFire
02-15-2004, 07:49 AM
By mid summer we're supposed to have a flyable B-25 (in multiple versions) which is more than capable enough of defending itself from Axis fighters. We're also getting a Ju-88 which is nearly done (see the update thats currently at the top of the board by Jippo) and someone is working to get a Pe-2 cockpit done and the aircraft flyable (after the gunner stations are done I presume).

Bombers take much longer to do...thats why you see so few of them flyable. But for a single engined single seat (or dual seat) kind of game we already have alot more bombers than any other before.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig1.jpg
The New IL2 Database is Coming Soon!

Tintin-B17
11-05-2004, 10:52 PM
too true whats with all the variants of the same fighter...sheesh..id like to have some new bomber planes when i buy an expansion pack, but no..it doesnt happen like that instead i get lots of variants of the same plane.

darkhorizon11
11-05-2004, 10:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JFC_Jetdoc31:
The Fighter Pilots always seem to get new toys to play with,but us hardcore Bomber Pilots are seemed to be always forgotten.Would love to see more Bpmbers besides just the TB-3s for the allies that we can fly we don't stand a snowballs chance against any of the new Aixes fighters that are come in the Expandation Pack .I feel the Allied bomber Pilots are being set up for clay pigons the ME-110 will cut us out of the skies.Looks like the Allies will have to ground the Bomber wing because we will be come a joke in the skies <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't worry to much. Although I love American air power I'm a huge fan of German uber planes. A lone B-17, 24,29,25, or whatever is mince meat against a Schwalbe or a 152 ripping through at 750km/h however, a large formation is quite a different story. The only sure fire tactic against any of these planes is a head on attack. Anything else is very risky. Unless we get missiles or SAMs (you never know since the X4 was almost operational at wars end) I'd say you guys still have a good edge.

STENKA_69.GIAP
11-06-2004, 03:48 AM
Agreed - that there is far too much emphasis on fighters but just buy PF to add on over EAP and you have new significant bombers that flew in large numbers on the Eastern and Western fronts. The A20 and B25 have some good loadouts speed and firepower - also it's great to have a big twin engine bird that divebombs.

Just as a little bonus try out the Japanese Val dive bomber - it realy will take on a fighter at low level once it has dropped it's load - not much firepower but does it turn!

The other little gem for Mediteranian scenarios is the Beaufighter - fast, huge firepower, big rockets and Torpedos - just the job for ripping up enemy shipping.

For a month or so the 69.GSHAP bomber wing has some new toys to keep busy with. It doesn't remove the yearning for a PE2 but...