PDA

View Full Version : "Why the Landlocked Assassin's Creed Unity Still Has Me Excited"

Sushiglutton
04-07-2014, 05:52 PM
An new article on Gamespot. Something to read while waiting for the next leak ;)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-the-landlocked-assassin-s-creed-unity-still-has-me-excited/1100-6418786/

Kirokill
04-07-2014, 05:54 PM
As long as it doesn't mean the Assassin can't swim. :)

Wolfmeister1010
04-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Wonderful article, I couldn't agree more.

The thing about the crowds is totally true, and it is likely that they switched from cross gen to Next gen exclusive in order to make the crowds bigger, which could help with social stealth.

We got bigger crowds, a great location/setting, at least one minor addition to the parkour system, possible return of Connor, and possible Co op. So far, this is turning out to be a very interesting game indeed.

RatonhnhakeFan
04-07-2014, 05:58 PM
As long as it doesn't mean the Assassin can't swim. :)
Would you even want to swim in 18th century Seine? :p

Kirokill
04-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Would you even want to swim in 18th century Seine? :p

Like swimming from Kingston north island to the south island if not longer, before discovering the boat?
I think I would be fine with that.
Personally, I have issues with water...

Wolfmeister1010
04-07-2014, 06:05 PM
I want a true health system where you can contract syphilis if you stay in the river too long or sleep with too many prostitutes.

And yes, you CAN contract syphilis from the Sienne. French People during the Revolution masturbated like 4 times as much as normal humans. And where do you think all that "excess" went? Right into the river. #HistoryIsOurPlayground

ze_topazio
04-07-2014, 06:15 PM
I just hope that tombs and catacombs return.

poptartz20
04-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Nice Article! But I didn't have to read it to still be pretty happy about this game! :D

I wish there was more out about it though!

Wait for it! ahh... lol.

Dev_Anj
04-07-2014, 06:23 PM
If tombs and catacombs return, make the platforming mechanics more precise. Also, give meaningful routes through tombs and catacombs, not some ridiculous "use broken statue and platforms lying around to advance" paths.

AherasSTRG
04-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Remember when Gamespot was a trustworthy site?

TheArcaneEagle
04-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Nice article. All of a sudden I want a poor district of Paris filled with homeless people, dank and narrow streets, dirty and desolate conditions. It would vary the city's structure and not make it look the same throughout the city where it looked copied and pasted from where you just came from (an annoying issue from previous titles). Imagine free-running through desolate and poor buildings like the New York Fire District in AC3, where the buildings opened and created new routes for free-running.

I also hope social stealth improves drastically, from utilizing social animations like from AC3, to making thousands of people condensed into a particular area like a market or an execution. All of this is possible with current-gen capabilities now that Unity will not cater to old-gen.

TheArcaneEagle
04-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Remember when Gamespot was a trustworthy site?

If you read the article correctly, it merely suggests ideas and the possibilities of Unity, not leaks.

AherasSTRG
04-07-2014, 06:34 PM
If you read the article correctly, it merely suggests ideas and the possibilities of Unity, not leaks.
No, no, I mean that Gamespot has lost credibility as a video game journalim site for me, after its reporters repeatedly violated the code of journalistic ethics.

Sabastian_AC
04-07-2014, 06:41 PM
No, no, I mean that Gamespot has lost credibility as a video game journalim site for me, after its reporters repeatedly violated the code of journalistic ethics.

Care to elaborate on that?

dxsxhxcx
04-07-2014, 06:53 PM
I also hope social stealth improves drastically, from utilizing social animations like from AC3, to making thousands of people condensed into a particular area like a market or an execution. All of this is possible with current-gen capabilities now that Unity will not cater to old-gen.

Hitman Absolution and Dead Rising achieved that in the old-gen...

Sushiglutton
04-07-2014, 06:56 PM
Pretty good article. One of the greatest strength of the franchise is its flexibility imo. You can be a pirate in one game and a Paris aristocrat in the next. There are still a billion things they can do with these game I feel. But for now I feel like elevating combat is perhaps the most important one for me.

egriffin09
04-07-2014, 08:38 PM
I just hope that tombs and catacombs return.

yeah. I miss the tombs. And what better way to test out the new, if true, "horizontal wall running."

JustPlainQuirky
04-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Speaking of articles,

Andrew Reiner, executive editor of Game Informer, has revealed on Twitter that he will be revealing their cover story tomorrow. Speculation is rife regarding which game will grace the cover, but the general consensus seems to be that it will be Assassinís Creed.

oliacr
04-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Speaking of articles,

This is a joke isn't it? Never mind hoping for the opposite. Want to see more info on AC.

JustPlainQuirky
04-07-2014, 08:53 PM
??? It's a joke? Why?

Sushiglutton
04-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Meh I have been fooled one time to many from Gameinformer cover rumours. I don't think AC has ever been one of their cover stories, so maybe Ubi prefer to do it on their own. Anyway all we can do is wait and see.

ACfan443
04-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Meh I have been fooled one time to many from Gameinformer cover rumours. I don't think AC has ever been one of their cover stories, so maybe Ubi prefer to do it on their own. Anyway all we can do is wait and see.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/05/05/acrcoverrevealjune.aspx
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/01/april-cover-revealed-assassin-39-s-creed-iii.aspx

egriffin09
04-07-2014, 09:01 PM

AC II, AC:R, and AC IIIall has cover stories for Gameinformer. I think tomorrow's cover reveal will either be The Division or AC Unity. Pulling for AC Unity.

Sushiglutton
04-07-2014, 09:04 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/05/05/acrcoverrevealjune.aspx
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/01/april-cover-revealed-assassin-39-s-creed-iii.aspx

AC II, AC:R, and AC IIIall has cover stories for Gameinformer. I think tomorrow's cover reveal will either be The Division or AC Unity. Pulling for AC Unity.

Wowow I have been schooled lol. That makes me feel sad and a bit more optimistic as well :D!

ACfan443
04-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Wowow I have been schooled lol. That makes me feel said and a bit more optimistic as well :D!

Nothing will top the excitement and hype I felt when the AC3 cover was revealed, it was a pretty big deal back when it came out.

egriffin09
04-07-2014, 09:06 PM
My heart is telling me the cover will be ACU, but my mind is telling me The Division. They already done The Order 1886, Batman, and Destiny.

Sushiglutton
04-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Nothing will top the excitement and hype I felt when the AC3 cover was revealed, it was a pretty big deal back when it came out.

I kind of remember it now. Agree everything seemed so awesome.

egriffin09
04-07-2014, 09:09 PM

Yeah, it came out of nowhere. Come to think about it, the AC covers from Gameinformer have between April & May.

JustPlainQuirky
04-07-2014, 09:15 PM
So if there's an AC cover, does that mean new information will be released or is it just rehashed information that's already spilled from the internet?

Jexx21
04-07-2014, 09:40 PM
Considering we barely heard anything about Unity.. new info >.>

egriffin09
04-07-2014, 09:46 PM
So if there's an AC cover, does that mean new information will be released or is it just rehashed information that's already spilled from the internet?

New info..articles and interviews with gameinformer. Every gameinformer cover has like a 13-15 page cover story inside the magazine with new info about the game. Plus a really long podcast (like 30 mins to a hour long) about the game at the end of the month.

egriffin09
04-07-2014, 09:48 PM
New stuff about the game on the cover of Gameinformer gets published on their site like every few days throughout the entire month

Wolfmeister1010
04-07-2014, 10:34 PM
Around when do the game informer issues usually come out? Would the May issue be the next one to come out? If we expect AC Unity to be fully revealed in Gameinformer then when should I expect the info to pop up?

edit: Ah nevermind I saw that it is tomorrow. Well, here's to hoping!

SixKeys
04-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Why is everyone so sure the game we'll be hearing more about soon is Unity? There's still Comet.

JustPlainQuirky
04-08-2014, 12:30 AM
^Because we're more likely to hear about an officially announced title than an unannounced one.

SixKeys
04-08-2014, 12:33 AM
^Because we're more likely to hear about an officially announced title than an unannounced one.

Maybe the story they're intending to break is the announcement of Comet? Just speculation, of course, but I'm convinced the rumor is real and am sure they wouldn't just leave the current-gen game hanging whilst focusing all their efforts into promoting Unity.

Jexx21
04-08-2014, 12:36 AM
Why not both games?

JustPlainQuirky
04-08-2014, 12:48 AM
Why would game informer be the one to officially announce an assassin's creed game?

SixKeys
04-08-2014, 12:54 AM
Why would game informer be the one to officially announce an assassin's creed game?

Because of an exclusive deal with Ubisoft? I'm not saying that's what WILL happen, but I can think of reasons to do it this way.

JustPlainQuirky
04-08-2014, 12:57 AM
Eh, I think Ubisoft would release an official announcement on youtube first.

frodrigues55
04-08-2014, 01:20 AM
Shade has said we shoudn't expect AC news for a while, so I would hold on to that for a little bit.

Regarding the article, that was great. AC is trully an ideia of a genious. It can take you anywhere, give you any character they want and tell different stories every time. Plus, who desn't love third person adventures?

Ubi probably knows they can't give a Black Flag 2, but it's hard to go back to the core AC after being so sucessfull with the naval - unless the core presents something unique and improved. That why I'm most excited about Unity, it's going back to the roots I love and probably will have some extra care on that area. Can't wait to see more.

alekiratu
04-08-2014, 02:32 AM
Still has me excited.

Implying there is a reason not to be excited about it. Don't get me wrong, I like naval but that's not what AC is about. Unity promises sprawling cities and larger crowds. Hell yeah! I've forgotten about Naval already. Couldn't be more happier with this decision.

Jexx21
04-08-2014, 02:42 AM
AC3 had sprawling cities. The viewpoints were just all mostly the same. Which gets boring.

TheArcaneEagle
04-08-2014, 10:58 AM
Still has me excited.

Implying there is a reason not to be excited about it. Don't get me wrong, I like naval but that's not what AC is about. Unity promises sprawling cities and larger crowds. Hell yeah! I've forgotten about Naval already. Couldn't be more happier with this decision.

Couldn't agree more. I hope Ubisoft take the time to make Paris a lively city with huge crowds of people. I've grown tired of Naval since December last year when ACIV came out.