PDA

View Full Version : Help load times by installing Fusion to a SSD!

noobaroniNcheez
04-07-2014, 04:47 AM
[First, if there is a more appropriate place for this, feel free to move it for me.]

Anyways, I did a little testing earlier and found that by installing Fusion to a SSD will decrease load times throughout the game [game launch, menus, bike selection, track loading, etc.] Now, this wont be a huge increase but it does cut load times down anywhere from 2-5+ seconds per action.. this may also depend on your particular SSD. So in general, from initial launch to playing your first track, your time will be around 10-15 seconds+ less than normal. This may not seem like much, but if you have an SSD, why not take advantage of essentially "free" performance?

If you don't yet have Fusion installed, simply choose your SSD when you do so. Already have it installed? No problem. I tossed together this quick tutorial on how to move it from your HDD to your SSD.

- First you'll need to grab this handy program from here (http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover). You could also do this by going in to your Command Prompt, but that's essentially what this program is taking care of for you. Don't mind the fact that it says it's for Steam, it worked just fine for Uplay as well.

- Below is what the program will look like when opened:
http://i.imgur.com/hu1ajiS.jpg
In the red box, browse to the folder where Fusion is currently installed. The blue blox will be where you want to move Fusion to.

- Once you've done that, highlight Fusion as I have:
http://i.imgur.com/zUcaKpb.jpg
That will highlight the blue 'right arrow' I highlighted in the green box. Click that.

- Allow the program to work its magic and you'll be good to go. To move Fusion back to its original location, simply click the blue 'left arrow' at the bottom.

Hopeful this helps someone. Feel free to ask any questions if I wasn't clear enough. :cool:

schneebz
04-08-2014, 03:16 PM
did you install it with uplay? You can also just create additional game library location(s) with steam these days!

Zzzlol94
04-08-2014, 04:56 PM
There's no noticeable difference in loading times on SSD to HDD. Maybe the initial track loading is like a second or so faster, but everything else is the same or got a minor improvment. I got a Samsung 830 SSD 256GB which isn't exactly slow. It's probably improving the loading times a lot more on low-end PCs than on high-end PCs.

noobaroniNcheez
04-09-2014, 08:25 AM
did you install it with uplay? You can also just create additional game library location(s) with steam these days!
Yes I installed with Uplay but didn't feel like reinstalling on my SSD.

There's no noticeable difference in loading times on SSD to HDD. Maybe the initial track loading is like a second or so faster, but everything else is the same or got a minor improvment. I got a Samsung 830 SSD 256GB which isn't exactly slow. It's probably improving the loading times a lot more on low-end PCs than on high-end PCs.
Maybe the stopwatch I was using was lying. Like I said, it isn't a huge difference but there was some. Maybe that's true regarding low and high-end.. I wouldn't say mind is "high end" but it's definitely above average so I'm not exactly sure.

sebastianaalton
04-09-2014, 02:03 PM
We found a major bug in the file loading code. Next update will bring big improvements for game loading times (and reduce texture popping, etc). Thanks for everyone for reporting this issue.

noobaroniNcheez
04-10-2014, 09:24 AM
We found a major bug in the file loading code. Next update will bring big improvements for game loading times (and reduce texture popping, etc). Thanks for everyone for reporting this issue.

Any word on whether an SSD does improve load times or not?