PDA

View Full Version : So what do you think we'll be after this time?

THE_JOKE_KING33
04-07-2014, 12:29 AM
What do you think the Assassins and Templars will be after this time? an Apple of Eden? The Sword of Eden? Something completely new?

I liked the whole Observatory and Crystal Skull stuff from AC4, so I'd like to see something else that's new.

ze_topazio
04-07-2014, 12:32 AM
The sword of eden would be nice, or maybe the croissant of eden.

RatonhnhakeFan
04-07-2014, 12:33 AM
Maybe whatever item/plot device is used to transfer Juno to new body.

JustPlainQuirky
04-07-2014, 12:34 AM
The golden baguette

The White Flag

I-Like-Pie45
04-07-2014, 12:36 AM
The Pomme Frites of the 1st Civ

BoBwUzHeRe1138
04-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Oui, oui, oui

we shall get ze caviar of eden, zen we shall get ze croissan' of eden!

In all seriousness: Sword of Eden. And let it be the "ultimate sword" similar to how Altair sword was the "ultimate" sword of AC2/Brotherhood.

JustPlainQuirky
04-07-2014, 12:45 AM
I want it to be that cross thing so that Connor can bring Haytham back to life :rolleyes:

pacmanate
04-07-2014, 12:48 AM
I want to see the Apple again, I miss the Apple

SixKeys
04-07-2014, 12:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGWRAa5uTUQ

DumbGamerTag94
04-07-2014, 12:58 AM
I want to see the Apple again, I miss the Apple

Remember when the Apple was the only type of POE, ACs story wasn't scattered and disjointed, and We has 16s clues of who held the apples in history? Pepperidge Farm Remembers. Good times, Good times. Sometimes I miss those simpler times lol

SixKeys
04-07-2014, 01:13 AM
Remember when the Apple was the only type of POE, ACs story wasn't scattered and disjointed, and We has 16s clues of who held the apples in history? Pepperidge Farm Remembers. Good times, Good times. Sometimes I miss those simpler times lol

The Apple was never the only type of PoE. Even in AC1 there were Abstergo e-mails that talked about PoEs that had different effects, like time travel.

DumbGamerTag94
04-07-2014, 01:29 AM
The Apple was never the only type of PoE. Even in AC1 there were Abstergo e-mails that talked about PoEs that had different effects, like time travel.

Oh I didn't know that they mentioned or showed any other types of PoE. I hadn't read many of the emails in AC1 because welllll that part was insanely boring and really there was no incentive to do it unless you really like reading. Even if I had before ACB I probably would have just assumed they were talking about the different effects of the Apple. Since the only PoE shown in AC1 and AC2 is the Apple. In AC2 we got several people and places that had Apples but nothing else (examples: Napoleon, Queen Elizabeth 1, George Washington, Houdini). So it seems IMO that the only type of PoE pre-ACB was the Apple and that anything else mentioned was meant to be about the apples(apples also make sense with the Garden of Eden while other PoEs don't really have anything to do with Eden) We never see another PoE until the very end of AC2. So it just seems to me like this was a later concept and the Apple was originally the only type, n then for a while it was the most powerful(thus why Rodrigo and Caesare want it even though he has a staff alredy), but now apparently we have the Koor I Noor which is more powerful than the Apple all of a sudden, its as if Ubi keeps changing the story, and cant decide what to do with the PoE/Modern day part of things. They are not being very consistent, its like once they establish something they break away from the concept in a year or two.

Jexx21
04-07-2014, 01:36 AM
AC2 introduced new artifacts in the glyphs as well, such as the sword. And hell, AC2 introduced the Staff, AC2 didn't only have the apple.

SixKeys
04-07-2014, 01:38 AM
Oh I didn't know that they mentioned or showed any other types of PoE. I hadn't read many of the emails in AC1 because welllll that part was insanely boring and really there was no incentive to do it unless you really like reading. Even if I had before ACB I probably would have just assumed they were talking about the different effects of the Apple. Since the only PoE shown in AC1 and AC2 is the Apple. In AC2 we got several people and places that had Apples but nothing else (examples: Napoleon, Queen Elizabeth 1, George Washington, Houdini). So it seems IMO that the only type of PoE pre-ACB was the Apple and that anything else mentioned was meant to be about the apples(apples also make sense with the Garden of Eden while other PoEs don't really have anything to do with Eden) We never see another PoE until the very end of AC2. So it just seems to me like this was a later concept and the Apple was originally the only type, n then for a while it was the most powerful(thus why Rodrigo and Caesare want it even though he has a staff alredy), but now apparently we have the Koor I Noor which is more powerful than the Apple all of a sudden, its as if Ubi keeps changing the story, and cant decide what to do with the PoE/Modern day part of things. They are not being very consistent, its like once they establish something they break away from the concept in a year or two.

AC2's glyphs talked about the Sword of Eden and the Staff which Rodrigo used. Counting the one mentioned in AC1's e-mails, that means there were already four PoEs in the series pre-ACB.

I'm glad they've moved away from the Apple. It started off as a fairly simple device that could only create illusions. The further the games progressed, it became increasingly overpowered, able to literally make people's heads explode, predict the future and somehow tap into its wielder's subconscious to create visions of alternate realities (ToKW). One PoE should only be able to do two things max IMO.

DumbGamerTag94
04-07-2014, 01:49 AM
My apologies I don't remember the sword and staff being mentioned in the glyphs in AC2 I thought it was ACB.

And like you just said SixKeys they changed the powers of the Apple with the later games, this is my point they are not being consistent, they change what they can do, and when they establish one as more powerful they suddenly decide to invent a new one that is more powerful, can they not jus pick a few types of PoE and stick to their story? Its frustrating and confusing that they keep changing things.

Locopells
04-07-2014, 10:15 AM
Didn't Joan of Arc have the Sword of Eden? Maybe a tomb to explore, to find it?

subject90
04-07-2014, 10:48 AM
The Wikia says
Napoleon Bonaparte had a apple of eden 1804 to 1815
Jeanne d'Arc had a sword of eden - Jeanne was captured by English troops, accused of witchery, and burned at the stake on May 31 1431, at the age of 19. However, the Templar Order had orchestrated her execution in order to steal her Sword.
Elizabeth the 1st also had an apple of eden and a crystal ball . died 1603.
the swords properties allow the user to lead great armies, it has been used by people like King Arthur.

personally i think it will be the sword, possibly an apple as well.

RinoTheBouncer
04-07-2014, 04:54 PM
I hope itís the Sword of Eden. Joan of Arc had it and then it was taken from her. I think it would make a lot of sense to start looking for it here. I hope itís not something they just invented for this game like they did with the Cubes of ACIV. I hope we get to see the Apple of Eden again. It always had special moments in AC1 to AC:B.

xboxauditore
04-07-2014, 04:57 PM
I'd love the item to be a sword of Eden, Black Flags item was veeeery strange to me. felt very out of place.

RinoTheBouncer
04-07-2014, 05:02 PM
I'd love the item to be a sword of Eden, Black Flags item was veeeery strange to me. felt very out of place.

Agreed. The cube looked nice, but it felt like it came out of nowhere and the whole Observatory thing felt like it’s just a way to bring the idea of the EYE ABSTERGO back to historical times. There’s the Shroud of Eden, the Sword of Eden..etc. why the crystal skull and the cubes? just because it works with the pirates theme doesn’t mean it has to be forced onto the story.

xboxauditore
04-07-2014, 05:04 PM
When I first saw the Observatory, that was the first time I genuinely felt like something didn't belong in the games. Everything else I've been able to look past, but that was just too out of the blue for me.

RatonhnhakeFan
04-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Agreed. The cube looked nice, but it felt like it came out of nowhere and the whole Observatory thing felt like itís just a way to bring the idea of the EYE ABSTERGO back to historical times. Thereís the Shroud of Eden, the Sword of Eden..etc. why the crystal skull and the cubes? just because it works with the pirates theme doesnít mean it has to be forced onto the story.

It was more about the blood inside the cubes, Darby even said it himself.