PDA

View Full Version : Should I get Unity for Ps4 or PC?

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 07:48 PM
In case you didn't know, I'm getting a PC with these specs:

http://i.imgur.com/cjFiiRW.png

I plan on getting all AC games on steam. (right now I'm missing only 2 AC games)

Thing is, AC Unity's graphics is MUCH more advanced than Black Flag's. Plus, the world might be significantly larger.

My question is if I bought AC: Unity (given how much more high tech it is compared to AC4), would it run smoothly on the PC I have in standard settings?

Or should I just buy AC Unity on Ps4 for now and wait years and years down the line when I can afford to upgrade the graphics card? (I'm talking no earlier than 2016)

Mr_Shade
04-06-2014, 07:51 PM
How long is a piece of string?

Until we have more details on the game and the requirements - then anything would just be a guess..

However PCs are capable of higher resolutions and may have extra levels of details - but again, it's far too early to say..

I would 'wait and see' - what the recommended requirements are - but even then, it would still be a guess regarding performance..

The consoles versions - will be as good as they can be though, so it's something only time will tell..

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 07:58 PM
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130130030355/youngwritersclub/images/9/99/Shrug.gif

I was just imagining.

I mean earlier i was worried if AC4 could even run on this on standard settings. And now this is waaaaaay out of AC4's league.

YazX_
04-06-2014, 10:27 PM
if AC unity PC optimization is the same as previous ACs, then i would say definitely get it for PS4 especially with your PC specs, but looking at the bright side, AC Unity will only be available for next gen and PC, this means that the game will be built on x86 architecture and optimized for it, this put hopes up for a great optimized PC game.

but in the end, as Mr_Shade said, its not clear until the game gets released and benchmarked.

JustPlainQuirky
04-07-2014, 12:49 AM
if AC unity PC optimization is the same as previous ACs, then i would say definitely get it for PS4 especially with your PC specs, but looking at the bright side, AC Unity will only be available for next gen and PC, this means that the game will be built on x86 architecture and optimized for it, this put hopes up for a great optimized PC game.

but in the end, as Mr_Shade said, its not clear until the game gets released and benchmarked.

What would you say is reliable PC specs to have to run something as high quality like Unity? (all on estimated guess I mean)

YazX_
04-07-2014, 03:26 PM
What would you say is reliable PC specs to have to run something as high quality like Unity? (all on estimated guess I mean)

if game is well optimized then i would expect:

intel i5, GTX 670, 8 GB RAM to run the game on high settings @ 1920 x 1080, if the game will include Nvidia exclusive features which is probably will, then you need GTX 680 to run it on high settings.

now, if the game is like previous ones and not well optimized, then you need:

intel core i7, 8 GB RAM and GTX 660 SLI to run it on high settings maintaining 60 FPS @ 1920 x 1080.

but as i said, all are speculations and assumptions, better wait for release and benchmarks.