PDA

View Full Version : Graphic does not work same story as with Trials Evolution on PC. [SOLVED]

prinex666
04-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Redylnx requirements:

Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series
AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD 6000, HD 7000 series

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/6000

AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series
AMD Radeon™ HD 6770 Graphics

The history repeats itself... my amd HD 6770 does not manage to run the beta , stutters, game runs "slow" like 1.5 secons in real time are 1 seconds in game. Wasting time changing resolutions did not help. And I have SSD. And I have 4 GB Ram. And nothing else runs only this program.

And yet .... my ancient Xbox 360 runs all the Trials titles without missing a beat.

Guess what ? Ubisoft can keep my 19.99, I will only blame myself for believing things can work this time. And as last game I refuse to spend 250 $ on a new graphics card (hoping it works) when I can buy almost *2* new xbox 360 for this money. We are talking 2 complete XBOX 360 with DVD etc for the price of *hoping* a new card will work.

What happened here is that Ubisoft decided, instead of fixing the graphic engine, which never worked right on Evolution, hey we will just lie to our customers so maybe we squeeze some money out of them, lol we will then say "your RAM SIMMs are over 1.2uS latency" or some bull like this and problem solved.

You know why this doesnt work with the XBOX 360 dont you ? Because try to say to Microsoft "our software is golden YOUR XBOX has a problem". Yes. Sure.

So bye bye, I will stick to my XBOX, *if* and *when* the PS4 version will turn out good maybe.

But the hell I am going to stay a mile away from this (2nd) botched attempt to make Trials run on PC.

Zzzlol94
04-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Comparing PC to a console is stupid. The 360 version will run smooth, because the devs got a spec system, which got the same performance everywhere. Making a game run great on all the thousands of different combinations of PCs is of course a bit trickier. But there is a problem with the engine, it doesn't skip frames, which means instead it slows down time to try to keep up with the 60FPS demand, which is literally how consoles operate. When they fix that, it should be fine, as it runs better than Trials Evo already, even though it requires a bit more GPU power. If they don't implement frame skipping, then the game is an even worse console port than Evo, as you would most likely need a mid to high-end PC for it to be playable.

sebastianaalton
04-03-2014, 04:52 PM
Radeon 6770 is equal to Radeon 5770 in performance (http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-6770-vs-Radeon-HD-5770). Both are unfortunately slightly under the official minimum hardware requirements (Radeon 5850). The first number in the video card name doesn't tell the card performance, it tells the card generation. The three numbers following (5XXX, 6XXX, 7XXX) tell the performance category. For example Radeon 5850 is faster than Radeon 6770 and Radeon 7750.

But I have good news for you! The next patch will improve the performance for "low" graphics settings. We have a computer with Radeon 5770 here at the office, and it now runs the game smoothly at 60 fps ("low" settings, 1280x720 resolution). This GPU thus provides slightly better graphics quality (and resolution) than the Xbox 360 version. If I were you, I would at least wait for the next patch before doing the decision.

You should also try disabling/enabling vsync in the video options menu. For some computers enabling vsync seems to cause quite bad juddering, while some computers are completely silky smooth with it.

prinex666
04-05-2014, 10:15 AM
Radeon 6770 is equal to Radeon 5770 in performance (http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-6770-vs-Radeon-HD-5770). Both are unfortunately slightly under the official minimum hardware requirements (Radeon 5850). The first number in the video card name doesn't tell the card performance, it tells the card generation. The three numbers following (5XXX, 6XXX, 7XXX) tell the performance category. For example Radeon 5850 is faster than Radeon 6770 and Radeon 7750.

But I have good news for you! The next patch will improve the performance for "low" graphics settings. We have a computer with Radeon 5770 here at the office, and it now runs the game smoothly at 60 fps ("low" settings, 1280x720 resolution). This GPU thus provides slightly better graphics quality (and resolution) than the Xbox 360 version. If I were you, I would at least wait for the next patch before doing the decision.

You should also try disabling/enabling vsync in the video options menu. For some computers enabling vsync seems to cause quite bad juddering, while some computers are completely silky smooth with it.

Well I will give it a try. Maybe change the min. Requirements or write "some card of this series will support up to 720p and low graphic settings" or so... Waiting for the next patch.

sebastianaalton
04-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Well I will give it a try. Maybe change the min. Requirements or write "some card of this series will support up to 720p and low graphic settings" or so... Waiting for the next patch.
Patch is out now!

Please try how it works now on your computer (at 720p + low settings).