PDA

View Full Version : Does ANYONE know what the new AC tweet means????

Mr.GoodKall
04-03-2014, 02:56 AM
Assassins Creed Twitter page just posted this picture, with this caption "In order to understand the future, we must first look into the past..." Does anyone have any clue as to what this is??? Also, if this was already posted on here, I apologize because I could not find it.

https://twitter.com/acinitiates/status/451446912097341440/photo/1/large

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-03-2014, 02:58 AM
Assassins Creed Twitter page just posted this picture, with this caption "In order to understand the future, we must first look into the past..." Does anyone have any clue as to what this is??? Also, if this was already posted on here, I apologize because I could not find it.

https://twitter.com/acinitiates/status/451446912097341440/photo/1/large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkPckw3CEAAjlOW.png:large

Yeah, I saw this on Assassin's Creed Twitter and they responded: WHERE DID YOU GET THIS?!?!?

Not sure if this is something too important, but yet it sounds exciting.

deskp
04-03-2014, 02:59 AM
I think thats a quote from one of the games. And the picture is an abstergo letter from the 70's or something.

JustPlainQuirky
04-03-2014, 03:01 AM
Either way it tells us nothing. Just annoying teasing again with no actual hidden meaning that can be deciphered.

It's "look at the stars" all over again.

Tully__
04-03-2014, 03:01 AM
It's a quote variously attributed in a number of forms to several famous philosophers and religious people. The meaning is that the future (and / or present, depending which version of the quote you're looking at) only makes sense when you understand the history preceding it. Without the historical context, the present / future are irrational or meaningless.

frodrigues55
04-03-2014, 03:02 AM
AC1 remake confirmed. Eidos used this same sentence to reveal Tomb Raider 1's remake so it can only mean that.

Nah, it's just some more Initiates crap it seems. I'm with Mayrice, I'm through with those misterious tips and teasers, they rarely lead to somewhere.

Mr.GoodKall
04-03-2014, 03:04 AM
Either way it tells us nothing. Just annoying teasing again with no actual hidden meaning that can be deciphered.

yea Im seriously starting to find this crap annoying. It was interesting at first because you kind of want to start researching to see what they were talking about but now its just getting annoying. Specially this one, its impossible to draw theories since EVERYTHING is blacked out.

Mr.GoodKall
04-03-2014, 03:08 AM
It's a quote variously attributed in a number of forms to several famous philosophers and religious people. The meaning is that the future (and / or present, depending which version of the quote you're looking at) only makes sense when you understand the history preceding it. Without the historical context, the present / future are irrational or meaningless.
interesting... do you think this is Unity related?

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-03-2014, 03:09 AM

Well said.

Tully__
04-03-2014, 04:00 AM
It's a quote variously attributed in a number of forms to several famous....
interesting... do you think this is Unity related?
No idea. Probably it's just intended to promote discussion and stir interest. Given the existence of this topic, it seems to be working ;)

deskp
04-03-2014, 04:03 AM
They might un-blacken it bit by bit?

JustPlainQuirky
04-03-2014, 04:03 AM
Would be more interesting if Ubisoft posted mysterious silhouttes and blurred pictures instead.

Then we would be able to speculate.

Not this stupid block all text BS.

LoyalACFan
04-03-2014, 04:10 AM
I think I've solved it... AC Comet setting confirmed? You just need to adjust the brightness settings on your monitor and view the image from a sideways angle to get a sort of photo-negative effect..

Dear Mr. Director,

http://www.majakia.com/img/01/897_original.gif

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-03-2014, 04:13 AM
They might un-blacken it bit by bit?

Would be more interesting if Ubisoft posted mysterious silhouttes and blurred pictures instead.

Then we would be able to speculate.

Not this stupid block all text BS.

Good point.

I think I've solved it... AC Comet setting confirmed? You just need to adjust the brightness settings on your monitor and view the image from a sideways angle to get a sort of photo-negative effect..

Dear Mr. Director,

Damn you DX

JustPlainQuirky
04-03-2014, 04:20 AM

Dear Mr. Director,

At first I was like "woah really?"

Then I was like..." wait...spoiler tags....suspicious"

Then I clicked and was like "god damn it"

XD

STDlyMcStudpants
04-03-2014, 04:22 AM
Where have i heard this before...... it sounds so familiar...does anyone know if its been in ac before?
maybe i heard it in spec ops the line perhaps?
It sounds super familiar like really recent...

LoyalACFan
04-03-2014, 04:24 AM
I know, I'm bad D:

JustPlainQuirky
04-03-2014, 04:27 AM
Where have i heard this before...... it sounds so familiar...does anyone know if its been in ac before?
maybe i heard it in spec ops the line perhaps?
It sounds super familiar like really recent...

It's been said in AC before I think.

I also recall the line.

Either way it still tells us nothing.

poptartz20
04-03-2014, 05:47 AM
ubi you're such a tease! ;_;

Consus_E
04-03-2014, 06:10 AM
I'm just going to assume that it's something along the lines of:
We gotta use the animus to find the MacGuffin to stop (Main threat/enemy)...

rob.davies2014
04-03-2014, 11:58 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10150783_602491789843615_1604771576_n.jpg

frodrigues55
04-03-2014, 12:02 PM
It has Initiates logo, I guess it won't matter for the next game(s)

oliacr
04-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Some usual "hints" it can mean the animus itself. go on. nothing serious on this.

jayjay275
04-03-2014, 07:11 PM
It's from Ac Initiates so I'll take this with a grain of salt.

Layytez
04-03-2014, 07:14 PM
DNA ? Secrets ? Life ? Past Future ? First Civ confirmed. How does it being part of Initiates make it not matter for the games ?

jayjay275
04-03-2014, 07:45 PM
DNA ? Secrets ? Life ? Past Future ? First Civ confirmed. How does it being part of Initiates make it not matter for the games ?

When has it ever though? Usually, Initiates is modern day story that is side-content to update us on modern day.

Layytez
04-03-2014, 08:27 PM
When has it ever though? Usually, Initiates is modern day story that is side-content to update us on modern day.

You just answered why it's matters.

Sushiglutton
04-03-2014, 08:37 PM
This confirms my suspicion that Connor was the protagonist of AC3

Kirokill
04-03-2014, 08:40 PM
This confirms my suspicion that Connor was the protagonist of AC3

My brain is either closed again or I can't read.

Sushiglutton
04-03-2014, 08:45 PM
My brain is either closed again or I can't read.

It's my nerdy sense of humour ;)

Kirokill
04-03-2014, 08:53 PM
It's my nerdy sense of humour ;)

Well I hope it doesn't sadden you if I say I like it.

JustPlainQuirky
04-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Even the uncensored letter tells us literally nothing.

Thanks Obama.

DumbGamerTag94
04-04-2014, 02:04 AM
Here's a thought. "in order to understand the future we must first understand the past" (or something like that just paraphrasing). What if this mean's that we will possibly see the "Modern Day" segment visit the story's of Desmond's parents and their experiences with the Templars back in the 50s-60s-and so on? Maybe a story of the conception of the Animus? The French Assassin after all was on Desmond's mothers side according to the email in AC4 so maybe she has something to do with it? Could Arno's life be being viewed by Desmond's mother perhaps?

Perhaps we will get a prequel storyline involving William and Desmond's mother. It would be an interesting thing to see since the stories of Desmond's parents aren't very well known. It would also allow for Ubi to cover time periods that cant be covered (well) in the Historic part (specifically the period from WW2-2009(desmond's story)) Most settings in this period wouldn't work well for Historic AC settings, but if we have a narrative that is meant to connect several centuries of history to Desmond then this span would have to be explained somehow. Perhaps this is how they would do it.

I don't know I just don't really see how an AC game would work anywhere beyond WW1 at the very latest(and only because we already have a story set during that time) Also a prequel story line would be a great jumping on point for new players to the series especially on the new generation of consoles this could make a lot of people start to like the series without needing the information from the modern stories of the previous games(it would probably even encourage them to buy the other games of the series) And maybe this is why the game is called ACUnity instead of AC5 since before they gave a number for every time we had a new protagonist and setting, that wouldn't really make much sense if the overarching story of MD is in fact a Prequel. It wouldn't make sense if it would be titled AC5 it would have to be some kind of continuation of the plot of AC4, but if it is a prequel style story line then a 5 in the title wouldn't be accurate since it does not fall in the fifth position of the MD story.

Just a thought. Opinions?

Locopells
04-04-2014, 11:33 AM
As well as what others have said, I think they used that quote in a Harry Potter trailer as well...

HP/AC cross over confirmed!

Sushiglutton
04-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Well I hope it doesn't sadden you if I say I like it.

Hehe I'm ok with that :)

jayjay275
04-04-2014, 03:31 PM
You just answered why it's matters.

To me, I couldn't care less about modern day, so that's why I'll take it with a grain of salt. :)

Hans684
04-04-2014, 05:44 PM
I know someone, Access the Animus.

http://www.accesstheanimus.com/origins_DNA.html

Read.

Mr_Shade
04-05-2014, 11:03 AM
It's from Ac Initiates so I'll take this with a grain of salt.

Well I wouldn't say that, however its from the Initiates twitter account, NOT the Assassin's Creed twitter, which the OP seems to be saying -so will be related to what happens on the Initiates site, and not the game series.

As we know, many confuse the ongoing reveal of the story on there, with games info - which they never hardly do.... ;)

Mr.GoodKall
04-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Well I wouldn't say that, however its from the Initiates twitter account, NOT the Assassin's Creed twitter, which the OP seems to be saying -so will be related to what happens on the Initiates site, and not the game series.

As we know, many confuse the ongoing reveal of the story on there, with games info - which they never hardly do.... ;)

I found this on the AC twitter page not AC initiatives

Edit: Wait I think they tweeted it.. my bad

Mr_Shade
04-05-2014, 06:44 PM
I found this on the AC twitter page not AC initiatives

Edit: Wait I think they tweeted it.. my bad

;)

Best to always check your sources before posting, so you are aware.

The official AC account - retweets a lot of things - Initiates being one of them, so it's easy for people to be confused.. :)