PDA

View Full Version : You know? when you think about it...Ezio got the shortest end of the stick

Assassin_M
04-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Really. I mean, he was the ONLY one of the main game protagonists(Altair, Edward, Connor, Aveline, Haytham, Desmond) who never got his own unique walking/running Animation across 3 games. kinda feel sorry for the guy...he'll always be the black sheep of the group

RatonhnhakeFan
04-02-2014, 08:22 PM
It's April 2nd already boy

lothario-da-be
04-02-2014, 08:22 PM
lol, the irony...

VoXngola
04-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Don't Haytham and Aveline share the same animation with Connor?

Desmond has Altair's/Ezio's and Connor's, not really unique either.

Assassin_M
04-02-2014, 08:25 PM
It's April 2nd already boy
i'm not trying for april fools D:

Don't Haytham and Aveline share the same animation with Connor?
Nope. Haytham, Connor and Aveline have their own unique walking/running Animation.

Desmond has Altair's/Ezio's and Connor's, not really unique either.
Nope. in AC I-ACB Desmond had his own unique run/walk animation..

oliacr
04-02-2014, 08:34 PM
i'm not trying for april fools D:

Nope. Haytham, Connor and Aveline have their own unique walking/running Animation.

Nope. in AC I-ACB Desmond had his own unique run/walk animation..
Nah I don't think so.

Assassin_M
04-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Nah I don't think so.
Nah, I think so.

Soulid_Snake
04-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Really. I mean, he was the ONLY one of the main game protagonists(Altair, Edward, Connor, Aveline, Haytham, Desmond) who never got his own unique walking/running Animation across 3 games. kinda feel sorry for the guy...he'll always be the black sheep of the group

I think the ladies will disagree! :) In relation to the title!

Assassin_M
04-02-2014, 09:00 PM
I think the ladies will disagree! :) In relation to the title!
oh you naughty human you

Sushiglutton
04-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Ezio is the star of the franchise, the others are just extras. When AC2 came out it became his walk and Altair became a wannabe.

Assassin_M
04-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Ezio is the star of the franchise, the others are just extras. When AC2 came out it became his walk and Altair became a wannabe.
You're in Denial, Ezio got the worst treatment..

wtf Ubisoft?

LoyalACFan
04-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Most of his AC2 combat animations came straight from Altair too, poor fella :(

Sushiglutton
04-02-2014, 09:23 PM
You're in Denial, Ezio got the worst treatment..

wtf Ubisoft?

Oh you

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/8e/71/1348939763_8026_Ezio.jpg?itok=NICuWy0a

Farlander1991
04-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Ezio has got a unique pull cape in position animation while walking, though! :p :D

Also, the reused animations pretty much have allowed for this awesomeness to happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II_g4_LSSRA

Sushiglutton
04-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Thanks for reminding me of that video! Now I remember why I have beautiful lies on my iPhone lol. It's one of the greatest fan videos ever, insanely cool. and all thanks to reused animations!

GunnerGalactico
04-02-2014, 09:38 PM

Great video :)

I know this does not change anything, but if it's any consolation... Ezio did look awesome even if it was Altair's reused animations.

MnemonicSyntax
04-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Aveline have their own unique walking/running Animation.

Aveline has that weird chicken arms flapping run animation, especially when trying to balance run. Ugh.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Ezio has got a unique pull cape in position animation while walking, though! :p :D

Also, the reused animations pretty much have allowed for this awesomeness to happen:

Dam, that was a pretty good fan made video! There's so much talent in the world that is under appreciated - and this one deserves it <3

pacmanate
04-02-2014, 09:53 PM
You have a short stick.

frodrigues55
04-02-2014, 10:18 PM
At least Ezio used his stick. Poor Connor.

What about Altair, though. He doesn't even have his own face. Unique running animations are nothing next to not having a face.

Farlander1991
04-02-2014, 10:30 PM
What about Altair, though. He doesn't even have his own face. Unique running animations are nothing next to not having a face.

Neither does Ezio, though. They both get a face in ACR.

JustPlainQuirky
04-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Connor so privilaged to have his own face. :rolleyes:

NAVID4ASSASSIN
04-02-2014, 10:48 PM
even though i hate M, but i must agree with the point she made in the first post, but every character walked how they should do so, altair and ezio ( eage) walked liked eagle, connor (lover of wolves) walked like a badass predator, haytham (eagle) walked liked a grandmaster gentelman and edward ( blessed gaurd) walked like a badass pirate.

JustPlainQuirky
04-02-2014, 10:52 PM
I don't even notice the difference in walking. XD

frodrigues55
04-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Neither does Ezio, though. They both get a face in ACR.

Ezio's wasn't a simple copy+paste, though. Altair is literally Desmond, they didn't even bother giving him a moustache or something.

And those people in ACR are NOT them.

BATISTABUS
04-03-2014, 12:00 AM
This is definitely one of my favorite Youtube videos ever. I'll still watch it every once in a while.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
04-03-2014, 12:15 AM
And those people in ACR are NOT them.

Yes they are. In fact, Revelations Altair > AC1 Altair.

frodrigues55
04-03-2014, 01:15 AM
Yes they are. In fact, Revelations Altair > AC1 Altair.

I don't know who that 72 years old man is, but that is not Ezio. Does that old hag look anything like the assassin who had killed Cesare Borgia just 3 years earlier? No.

Assassin_M
04-03-2014, 01:23 AM
I don't know who that 72 years old man is, but that is not Ezio. Does that old hag look anything like the assassin who had killed Cesare Borgia just 3 years earlier? No.
You don't compare Ezio in ACR to Ezio in 1507 ACB. the only reason Ezio changed so much is that the developers most likely did not see a point in aging Ezio just for one mission so they went ahead and continued with his early 40s model...

you compare Ezio in 1511 to Ezio in 1503 not 1507...

frodrigues55
04-03-2014, 01:33 AM
You don't compare Ezio in ACR to Ezio in 1507 ACB. the only reason Ezio changed so much is that the developers most likely did not see a point in aging Ezio just for one mission so they went ahead and continued with his early 40s model...

Unless 1511 Ezio really is 1521 Ezio, it really doesn't make much difference if you compare it with 1507 or 1503 tbh. The change is almost unexplainable.

Not that I care though, I was just playing. It's not the only time AC designers make some questionable choices.

LoyalACFan
04-03-2014, 01:38 AM

Personally I thought he looked too young in ACB anyway. He looked like a man in his 40s at the end of AC2, but he seemed to get younger in ACB.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111026191010/assassinscreed/images/4/4f/Checcomate_7.png
http://tehkella.net/gamer/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ezio.jpg
He looked pretty normal for a 52-year-old guy to me in ACR.

Assassin_M
04-03-2014, 01:40 AM
Unless 1511 Ezio really is 1521 Ezio, it really doesn't make much difference if you compare it with 1507 or 1503 tbh.
it actually does, like I said...they didn't bother to make a new, aged model for Ezio just for one mission....it's irrelevant to compare a "priorities" model to a new model. You compare Ezio in 1503 to 1511 because those are the relevant models in those years.

I don't understand your 1521 comment

frodrigues55
04-03-2014, 01:46 AM
it actually does, like I said...they didn't bother to make a new, aged model for Ezio just for one mission....it's irrelevant to compare a "priorities" model to a new model. You compare Ezio in 1503 to 1511 because those are the relevant models in those years.

I don't understand your 1521 comment

I don't buy their lazyness, that's just it. Regardless of their reasons, they still presented that model as 1507 Ezio so by all means that's how he looked like at that age. They should've at least taken that into consideration before making him look like old for Revelations.

And to me, he doesn't even look like he was in his 50's. More like his 60's. That's what i meant by that 1521 comment, unless you add him a decade, those 4 years taken from 1507 hardly makes any difference.

Assassin_M
04-03-2014, 01:51 AM
I don't buy their lazyness, that's just it. Regardless of their reasons, they still presented that model as 1507 Ezio so by all means that's how he looked like at that age. They should've at least taken that into consideration before making him look like old for Revelations.

And to me, he doesn't even look like he was in his 50's. More like his 60's. That's what i meant by that 1521 comment, unless you add him a decade, those 4 years taken from 1507 hardly makes any difference.
How can you not buy their laziness?? it's about priorities. they figured that making a new model just for that mission would be pointless and unnecessary. they could channel the resources going into that model towards something else more important. They had no idea they were making ACR when they were making ACB. You have to consider WHY he looked like that in 1507 before just closing your head and saying "no no he looked like that and that;s it"

4 years can actually make a difference...it's not like he was a man enjoying the world's vast pleasures.

Jexx21
04-03-2014, 01:55 AM
According to UbiGabe (I think) the AC1-ACB animi don't render faces exactly as they were, and rather uses the user's (Desmond's in this case) as a base.

LoyalACFan
04-03-2014, 02:00 AM
How can you not buy their laziness?? it's about priorities. they figured that making a new model just for that mission would be pointless and unnecessary. they could channel the resources going into that model towards something else more important. They had no idea they were making ACR when they were making ACB. You have to consider WHY he looked like that in 1507 before just closing your head and saying "no no he looked like that and that;s it"

This, plus you have to consider that the 8 years between 1503 and 1511 contained the death of his mother and Claudia's kidnapping. Stuff like that can age a person. He might have looked old for 52, but he had lived a pretty stressful life.

frodrigues55
04-03-2014, 02:08 AM

4 years can actually make a difference...it's not like he was a man enjoying the world's vast pleasures.

Priorities, like creating a bunch of different outifits for you to wear? I think this one is pretty usefull:

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/ACB-Raiden-Costume-Screens.jpg

I'm pretty sure making a model 4 years older isn't that much for them.

And I'm sorry, it's just my opinion. Ezio looked too old compared to how he did in Brotherhood and seeing how little time passed since then.

I won't make excuses for the developers, it was their decision regardless of the reason - and they decided that Ezio could look like that in 1507. It is what it is. Every flaw and every bug is there for a reason, that doesn't mean I won't notice them. He not only looked old, he looked vastly different, as did Desmond.

A little search on the archives will show that was a common reaction so I can't be that off. It's just odd designing.

Jexx21
04-03-2014, 02:11 AM
my favorite Ezio was Revelations Ezio.

SixKeys
04-03-2014, 02:49 AM
You think it's weird that they didn't make a different Ezio model for one mission in ACB, but not that they kept the same 17-year-old model for 20 years in AC2? The only thing that changed was that he woke up one morning at Caterina's and had grown a beard.

frodrigues55
04-03-2014, 02:58 AM
You think it's weird that they didn't make a different Ezio model for one mission in ACB, but not that they kept the same 17-year-old model for 20 years in AC2? The only thing that changed was that he woke up one morning at Caterina's and had grown a beard.

No, that was also very weird. As I mentioned earlier:

Not that I care though, I was just playing. It's not the only time AC designers make some questionable choices.

It's just that this whole discussion began when I mentioned they changed the look of the whole cast for ACR, which I found odd. I wasn't planning on talking about the other weird designer choices, but there are a lot of them :p

poptartz20
04-03-2014, 06:32 AM
Gah... I seriously checked out this thread to laugh. Considering it was M talking about Ezio!

WHERE ARE MY LAUGHS!? Dx

lol.

but yeah.. Age progression isnt all that great in AC (with a few exceptions of course) Look at AC3 (connor's friend )

Kirokill
04-03-2014, 02:45 PM
I actually would never liked Ezio without revelations.
If it's not him, then Ezio is useless. I liked that old man more.