PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Unity available to pre-order.

rob.davies2014
04-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Assassin's Creed: Unity available to pre-order here:
http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.299140400/Assassins_Creed%C2%AE_Unity.html

AherasSTRG
04-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Indeed. But, there must be something wrong with the pricing. 60 bucks for the PC version? A brand new PC game costs 40 bucks. Unless, of course, Sony wants to **** up the PC market in order to maximize their earnings. Between 70 and 40 euros for brand new games, PC gaming ends up costing about the same as a PS4 / X1, while offering better quality for the games.

MasterAssasin84
04-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Yes I saw this in my local game store over the weekend.

I am going to hold off with the Pre ordering until I know exactly what offerings the final versions are going to be carrying though the cheeky sod tried to poach me into pre ordering on Sunday for a 10 pound fee !! i am not worried about the money but is there any point in taking pre orders right now ? wether i pre order or not I know i will be guaranteed a copy on the launch .

Locopells
04-02-2014, 03:36 PM
I've pre-ordered with Amazon. No fee, they always give you any offers that come out after you've ordered, plus I can cancel if I wanna, so...

rob.davies2014
04-02-2014, 03:50 PM
I'm waiting for a Unity + PS4 bundle.

Aphex_Tim
04-02-2014, 04:01 PM
I'm gonna wait and see what the special editions will be like before pre-ordering.

marvelfannumber
04-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Never saw the point in pre-ordering to be honest. If a game turns out to be crap I will have wasted money I could have saved if I were patient.

Mr_Shade
04-02-2014, 04:30 PM
I'm gonna wait and see what the special editions will be like before pre-ordering.

Special editions will be announced in the coming months - I expect - will be interesting to see what they contain, as always :)

AherasSTRG
04-02-2014, 04:34 PM
I am also waiting for the Special Editions to be announced. I will probably be getting something around the price of 90 to 100 euros this year.
Also, Ubishop Support confirmed that 60 bucks is the actual price for the pre-order of the PC version. They also added that any price listed in Ubishop is to be considered accurate, but is subject to change.
Mr_Shade, do you have anything to comment regarding the fact that ACU PC version will cost 50% more than AC4BF PC version?
Moreover, do the people of this community believe that this is but the beginning of a new price policy for next-gen only games?

DavidPage
04-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Special editions will be announced in the coming months - I expect - will be interesting to see what they contain, as always :)

Wow. Thank you Captain Obvious... (no offence!) But for the Special Editions to be announced, we first have to have some basic info about the game itself!! So... if we don't see anything at or around PAX then E3 it is! Ok, maybe a week or two earlier.

Mr_Shade
04-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Wow. Thank you Captain Obvious... (no offence!) But for the Special Editions to be announced, we first have to have some basic info about the game itself!! So... if we don't see anything at or around PAX then E3 it is! Ok, maybe a week or two earlier.

really sherlock…?

I was just saying - there is not going to be any news soon… which some maybe expecting, since the standard edition is up for pre-order - and some are always happy to preorder without seeing much footage ;)

Wolfmeister1010
04-02-2014, 04:43 PM
damn..its already april isn't it..where dat full trailer!

D.I.D.
04-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Never saw the point in pre-ordering to be honest. If a game turns out to be crap I will have wasted money I could have saved if I were patient.

Agreed. But sometimes, there are things you know you'll buy even if the reviews/feedback are underwhelming, so you might as well have them on day one when the experience feels most valuable.

For PC, preorders sometimes mean getting the best price you'll see for a couple of months as well, especially at key shops where the price cut can put the game under half price on pre-order.

DavidPage
04-02-2014, 04:54 PM
really sherlock…?

I was just saying - there is not going to be any news soon… which some maybe expecting, since the standard edition is up for pre-order - and some are always happy to preorder without seeing much footage ;)

You misunderstood. I meant that an Editions reveal holds spoilers about the game. So unless it's a weird kind of marketing that includes revealing the first details about the game (protagonist, side characters, blah blah) through the editions, we should expect a full trailer and an article-preview of the game by IGN, Kotaku, Eurogamer, etc BEFORE the editions are revealed.

Mr_Shade
04-02-2014, 04:58 PM
You misunderstood. I meant that an Editions reveal holds spoilers about the game. So unless it's a weird kind of marketing that includes revealing the first details about the game (protagonist, side characters, blah blah) through the editions, we should expect a full trailer and an article-preview of the game by IGN, Kotaku, Eurogamer, etc BEFORE the editions are revealed.

Not always - we sometimes just say '3 extra missions ' and then expand at a later date ;)

But - I wouldn't expect any news about them soon

Also people seem to have tried to second guess Ubisoft on this game before - and got it wrong.. [about announcement being in march etc] so - I would just wait and see :)

danykk2009
04-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Not always - we sometimes just say '3 extra missions ' and then expand at a later date ;)

Also people seem to have tried to second guess Ubisoft on this game before - and got it wrong.. [about announcement being in march etc] so - I would just wait and see :)

Uh uh... nope... we don't want to wait...... :cool:

DavidPage
04-02-2014, 05:04 PM
On another note, I'm expecting to go full broke by Q4 2014... Shadow of Mordor, Arkham Knight, Alien Isolation, Mad Max, Watch Dogs, The Order, Dragon Age, (of course) ASSASSIN'S CREED UNITY (and hopefully #ACComet - I got used to hashtagging before the name, it's weird), The Division, The Crew and more... I won't even live to see the release of The Phantom Pain, The Witcher, Far Cry 4 and many more... It's MIND BLOWING to have not 1, not 2 but SEVEN UBISOFT GAMES (including Far Cry 4, Just Dance and the second AC game) in a matter of less than twelve months!

Hans684
04-02-2014, 05:06 PM
This is good news, something has happend since the sneak peak trailer. We will some likely get something in the coming weeks, just Look at the stars.

Locopells
04-02-2014, 05:09 PM

What?! It doesn't cost you anything!

Never bothered myself. Say this every year, but the in game stuff always comes out latter, and I don't tend to do collectables.

On another note, I'm expecting to go full broke by Q4 2014... Shadow of Mordor, Arkham Knight, Alien Isolation, Mad Max, Watch Dogs, The Order, Dragon Age, (of course) ASSASSIN'S CREED UNITY (and hopefully #ACComet - I got used to hashtagging before the name, it's weird), The Division, The Crew and more... I won't even live to see the release of The Phantom Pain, The Witcher, Far Cry 4 and many more... It's MIND BLOWING to have not 1, not 2 but SEVEN UBISOFT GAMES (including Far Cry 4, Just Dance and the second AC game) in a matter of less than twelve months!

Damm, I forgot Shadow of Mordor! Wanna see more, but liked what I have.

DavidPage
04-02-2014, 05:09 PM

Well any statues and physical stuff are actually revealing enough. There is always a name under that statue or a story element in the artbook or whatever that specifies for us what it actually is. That's what meant. I mean you couldn't just say "Umm... Yeah... It includes a big statue of a guy", you describe it by the guy's name. Like "Connor statuette" or "Aiden statue". Whatever... I'm not explaining it good enough...

DavidPage
04-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Uh uh... nope... we don't want to wait...... :cool:

Let's form a riot in front of Ubi Montreal and shout WE WON'T WAIT! And then when the news reporter comes and asks why are we protesting, we'll have the most awesome answer. We want a gameplay video of AC Unity... lol

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Let's form a riot in front of Ubi Montreal and shout WE WON'T WAIT! And then when the news reporter comes and asks why are we protesting, we'll have the most awesome answer. We want a gameplay video of AC Unity... lol

I'll gather the torches and pitchforks :p

Mr_Shade
04-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Or you could wait and see - since the sneak peak trailer was just that.. a sneak peak, which was released early due to the unfavourable leaked screenshots - and wasn't planed to be released at all, let alone this early.

There is a very defined road map of information release that Ubisoft follows - though feel free to ignore me ;)

I wouldn't start revolting just yet though!

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Or you could wait and see - since the sneak peak trailer was just that.. a sneak peak, which was released early due to the unfavourable leaked screenshots - and wasn't planed to be released at all, let alone this early.

There is a very defined road map of information release that Ubisoft follows - though feel free to ignore me ;)

I wouldn't start revolting just yet though!

We need to ban that term >_>... Ubi uses it too much - sounds like their darn mission statement lol

Wolfmeister1010
04-02-2014, 05:32 PM
I swear a new trailer is gonna, like, pop up randomly on a tuesday or something lol, right when we least expect it.

Locopells
04-02-2014, 05:33 PM

Shouldn't that be tries to follow?!

Wolfmeister1010
04-02-2014, 05:34 PM

snap^

Mr_Shade
04-02-2014, 05:47 PM
We need to ban that term >_>... Ubi uses it too much - sounds like their darn mission statement lol

or some people could calm down and not be so 'GIMMMMEEEE NOOOOW!' - though I agree its exciting and the wait DOES kill !!' ;)

They follow it - others don't - and sneak leaks [or fake ones as we have seen]

And in emergencies we change it - but we still follow the map as a whole..

Basically goes like:[Sneakpeek]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> [announce]>>>>>> [news]>>>[aliens]>>>[spacerobots]>>[playtime!]>>>>[moaningonforums]>>[moremoaning]

[example only]

;)

RatonhnhakeFan
04-02-2014, 05:47 PM
I'm fine with no Unity news so far, teaser and leaks were enough. Need more Comet info, Ubi should release a damage-control Comet sneak peak to calm fan 'fears' hihi :rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-02-2014, 05:50 PM
I'm fine with no Unity news so far, teaser and leaks were enough. Need more Comet info, Ubi should release a damage-control Comet sneak peak to calm fan 'fears' hihi :rolleyes:

Don't worry - the leakers are probably working on the right time to strike :D

All the news about Unity, real or fake, was enough lol

AherasSTRG
04-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Seriously? Noone's worried about the PC price tag?

RatonhnhakeFan
04-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Seriously? Noone's worried about the PC price tag?Don't buy it then till it's cheaper, voting with your wallet is the only language Ubisoft understands when it comes to PC market

jayjay275
04-02-2014, 06:04 PM
So is that the official box art?

Mr_Shade
04-02-2014, 06:05 PM

Ubisofts current price for major PC games is 49.99 - which is in line with the retail price for other new titles, such as Watch_Dogs.

Some titles may have promotions - such as Watch_Dogs currently has, so it's possible it will drop, as they start advertising offers etc :)

Skelface
04-02-2014, 06:32 PM
So is that the official box art?

Placeholder, as usual...

Farlander1991
04-02-2014, 06:36 PM

50-60 bucks is kinda standard in big budget titles.
Black Flag costs 60 bucks. AC3 costed 60 at release. Rome Total War II costs 60. Arma 3 costs 60.

AherasSTRG
04-02-2014, 06:47 PM
50-60 bucks is kinda standard in big budget titles.
Black Flag costs 60 bucks. AC3 costed 60 at release. Rome Total War II costs 60. Arma 3 costs 60.
Really? I bought AC3 for 35 euros day 1 at a local retailer, AC4 for 40 bucks from another retailer and RTWII for 44 bucks. All of those, Day 1 purchases.

Mr_Shade
04-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Really? I bought AC3 for 35 euros day 1 at a local retailer, AC4 for 40 bucks from another retailer and RTWII for 44 bucks. All of those, Day 1 purchases.

different retailers /markets may have different prices due to promotions etc

SixKeys
04-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Yeah, 60 bucks sounds pretty normal to me. I've usually had to pay between 50-70 euros for a special edition (with extra missions and such).

D.I.D.
04-02-2014, 07:58 PM

Irrelevant, unless you want a boxed copy. The digital download was as cheap as 20 to preorder, if you spent a bit of time checking around. If you're in the market for a new graphics card later this year and there's a promotion again, you might get it free.

jayjay275
04-02-2014, 08:00 PM
55 is expensive for a console game.... but has been since the launch of current gen, though I expect the price to depreciate later on this year.

SixKeys
04-02-2014, 08:35 PM
I can't see the game on the pre-order page, BTW. Is it not up yet on every country's site? Can anyone post the box art?

AherasSTRG
04-02-2014, 09:16 PM
I can't see the game on the pre-order page, BTW. Is it not up yet on every country's site? Can anyone post the box art?
It's just the Guillotine Assassin Emblem on a white font, nothing in particular.

LoyalACFan
04-02-2014, 09:24 PM
I don't understand the rush to preorder... It isn't as if they're going to run out anytime soon, and you haven't even seen the special editions, preorder bonuses from third-party retailers, or even any gameplay...

JustPlainQuirky
04-02-2014, 09:50 PM
I don't see it anywhere on steam tho (/ono)/

I want to buy it on steam! D:

Farlander1991
04-02-2014, 09:54 PM

Steam pre-orders appear like approx. a month before release.

JustPlainQuirky
04-02-2014, 09:58 PM
Steam pre-orders appear like approx. a month before release.

OOOooooh okay. Thanks. I didn't know that. I was wondering why Watch_Dogs wasn't on steam yet.

AherasSTRG
04-02-2014, 10:13 PM
For me, this year is definitely a pre-order. None of the games has ever let me down (apart from the piss-poor ****ty optimisation, but whatever) and I believe my money will rest well on their hands if I give it a little earlier (defo buy anyway). I will just wait for the announcement of the Collector's Editions to decide which one to buy depending on my available cash at that time.

D.I.D.
04-02-2014, 10:16 PM

That'll be the most expensive way to get it, in digital downloads. I can understand wanting your whole library all in one place, but since they ultimately load in UPlay anyway, I've become used to buying a UPlay key. Fast2Play had the best price last year.

JustPlainQuirky
04-02-2014, 10:28 PM
That'll be the most expensive way to get it, in digital downloads. I can understand wanting your whole library all in one place, but since they ultimately load in UPlay anyway, I've become used to buying a UPlay key. Fast2Play had the best price last year.

I usually wait for a gold edition to be released on sale a year later anyway. So far I haven't paid more than 30 bucks on a special edition AC game.

I'm very patient with buying things ever since I got a steam account.

D.I.D.
04-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Well, given they always give us the game too late, you won't have to be very patient before the Nov/Dec Steam Sale!

JustPlainQuirky
04-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Well, given they always give us the game too late, you won't have to be very patient before the Nov/Dec Steam Sale!

Not sure I'd buy it though.

Not all the DLC would be out for it by then, would it? There wouldn't be a gold edition ready....

D.I.D.
04-02-2014, 11:02 PM
I don't know, I never bother with those sets anymore. I assumed they sold the pack upfront and, much like when you buy a season pass, you'd get the DLC as and when it came out? Perhaps you're thinking of a Game Of The Year edition?

JustPlainQuirky
04-02-2014, 11:07 PM
I don't know, I never bother with those sets anymore. I assumed they sold the pack upfront and, much like when you buy a season pass, you'd get the DLC as and when it came out? Perhaps you're thinking of a Game Of The Year edition?

Oh is that what a season pass is for? I didn't know that.

AC doesn't really have a GOTY edition. I mean there's directors cut editions and enhanced editions but those are only for AC1-AC Revalations. AC3 and onward have gold edition things.

But GOTY things are the reason I haven't bought Arkham Origins yet despite it being on sale. Waiting for the GOTY version.

D.I.D.
04-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Oh is that what a season pass is for? I didn't know that.

AC doesn't really have a GOTY edition. I mean there's directors cut editions and enhanced editions but those are only for AC1-AC Revalations. AC3 and onward have gold edition things.

But GOTY things are the reason I haven't bought Arkham Origins yet despite it being on sale. Waiting for the GOTY version.

Yeah I think the only one they did as a specific GOTY was ACII. But they have late collections that are pretty much GOTY by another name: ACIII Washington Edition came out the following summer, so we'd still be too early yet to see a similar thing for IV.

RatonhnhakeFan
04-02-2014, 11:19 PM
so we'd still be too early yet to see a similar thing for IV.? Its already out, Jackdaw Edition (PS4/Xbone/PC only though)

JustPlainQuirky
04-02-2014, 11:21 PM
I don't see a washington edition on steam. Just a deluxe edition....

cmrggamer
04-03-2014, 12:12 AM

Unfortunately I doubt Steam will do much of a sale for a newly released game :(

I actually couldn't find Unity for preorder on Ubi's site, maybe they took it down? Or have most people found it? I'll probably pre-order it, although I'm really curious to learn at least a little more about it :)

JustPlainQuirky
04-03-2014, 12:21 AM
I couldn't find the pre-order option for AC: Unity either.

poptartz20
04-03-2014, 05:53 AM
Umm... I haven't pre ordered my copy of this game yet either. I know I'll buy it I just want to see more of it first though.

Also I've thought about finally for the first time getting a "special edition" are they really worth it though? I wish they did an in between priced special edition vs just either buy the regular version or pay DOUBLE for the special edition.

EMEA gets awesome editions while the US sadly does not, I know that's all apart of marketing though.

I'm also curious to see more about Comet.