PDA

View Full Version : Lyrics

mtomato_
04-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Can anyone make sense of the lyrics in the main theme of the game?

Edit: removed my old guess about the words to get more visibility to the actual lyrics.

Hi guys! Audio Designer here.

The correct lyrics for the theme song are:

Welcome to the future
Man, machine, the fusion
Welcome to the future
Lightyears ahead of evolution

Slay your darkest fear
Down the narrow tracks you steer

The game's composer Petri Alanko has confirmed these.

PS. This is my first post on these forums (yay!) I'll try to answer more audio related questions here from now on. You can also find me on Twitter @Wilppe.

Smilies2019
04-02-2014, 01:20 AM
i am not sure, but i think its like this

Slay your darkest fear
Down and out and trust your stear

Gofast93
04-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Down and out and trust your stear

I think "steer" would make more sense than "stear"

mtomato_
04-02-2014, 04:18 PM
i am not sure, but i think its like this

Slay your darkest fear
Down and out and trust your steer
That does make a lot more sense. :)
I still find it hard to hear that part as more than a jumbled mess of words.

CapnHulk
04-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Can anyone make sense of the lyrics in the main theme of the game?

I wrote below what I hear, but I'm not sure how accurate it is, and with some of the words I have no clue what they are supposed to be. Steer? Sphere?

Welcome to the future
Man, machine, the fusion
Welcome to the future
Like it's ahead of the evolution

Slay your darkest fear
Now?we're?now?of?tracks?your?sphere ???

I think the "like it's ahead of the evolution" is either "life's ahead of evolution" or "like it's ahead of evolution." I'm not hearing that "the" that you are.

I'm almost 100% sure that the bit you're having trouble understanding is "Slay your darkest fear; Down the narrow tracks you steer."

Hope that helps.

TheRealTeeHill
04-06-2014, 03:15 PM
I think the "like it's ahead of the evolution" is either "life's ahead of evolution" or "like it's ahead of evolution." I'm not hearing that "the" that you are.

I'm almost 100% sure that the bit you're having trouble understanding is "Slay your darkest fear; Down the narrow tracks you steer."

Hope that helps.

mtomato_
04-06-2014, 05:24 PM
What I was thinking is if it's referring to the last part, and the fusion of man and machine would either mean the man being the biker and the machine being the bike, or a cyborg, which would be beyond evolution, and the previous game also being Evolution, Trials Fusion would be ahead of Trials Evolution.

If it's "Life is ahead of evolution", well... I don't really see any meaning in that, not that there has to be any meaning in a song's lyrics.

The "the" typed between "of" and "evolution", to me it's like if I try to hear it without it, it feels that there is also something else in it, but if I try to hear it with the "the", I can't hear it anymore.
To try to make more sense of it, I listened to it at half speed and I still keep hearing that "th" sound.

...actually, now that I read TheRealTeeHill's post and listened to it again, I can no longer hear it as anything else than "lightyears"

Hope that helps. Those words I can clearly identify. Yes it helps. Thanks.

I wish there was an official source for the lyrics of not just this one, but the songs in Evolution too, since everyone seems to hear the words differently.

Wilppe
04-08-2014, 11:43 AM

Welcome to the future
Man, machine, the fusion
Welcome to the future

Slay your darkest fear

PS. This is my first post on these forums (yay!) I'll try to answer more audio related questions here from now on. You can also find me on Twitter @Wilppe.

CapnHulk
04-10-2014, 04:15 AM

Welcome to the future
Man, machine, the fusion
Welcome to the future

Slay your darkest fear

Thanks for the confirmation!

schneebz
04-13-2014, 04:19 PM
*snip*

The most important question: Is Candy real?

MoroseFox
04-18-2014, 12:21 PM

Welcome to the future
Man, machine, the fusion
Welcome to the future

Slay your darkest fear

Thanks so much, been so into that track since I heard it and so wanted to know the lyrics so bad...! Really appreciate the responses from you guys. And so far the audio, like most everything else is fantastic. Great job. ^^