PDA

View Full Version : Base Set Two - Final Card List

del170109032657
03-31-2014, 04:21 PM
Below is the final list of cards that will be available in Base Set Two. There have been a few changes to the original list such as Decay Spitter and Gate to Sheogh being removed. Please feel free to discuss this new upcoming Base Set here in this thread.

Changes from original list:

Decay Spitter --> Fate Spinner
Gate to Sheogh --> Void Rift
Curse of the Netherworld --> Curse of the Penitent

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Factions/txf_gen_faction_haven_m.png
Haven

Heroes

Cassandra, Seeker of Light
Kieran, Knight of Negation
Alia, Caller of Faith
Morgan, Beloved General

Creatures

Imperial Guard
Imperial Crossbowman
Loyal Griffin
Tithe Collector
Elite Squire
Sun Rider
Wolf Praetorian
Wolf Justicar
Griffin Marksman
Griffin Knight
Griffin Battle Priest
Angel of Mercy
Crusader Commander
Crusader Watchman
Crusader Treasurer
Scattershot Marksman
Crusader Chaplain
Anael, Angel of Redemption
Crusader Sergeant
Crusader Vanguard

Fortunes

Cassandra's Imperial Devotion
Fountain of Youth
Tree of Truth
Truce of Elrath
Offensive Stance
Stockpile
Morgan's Inspiration
Favor of the Just

Buildings

Watchtower

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Factions/txf_gen_faction_inferno_m.png
Inferno

Heroes

Garant, Seeker of Discord
Kal-Azaar, Invoker of Agony
Dhamiria, Caller of Madness
Ignatius

Creatures

Doom Bringer
Cerberus
Juggernaut
Maniac
Succubus
Hellfire Imp
Hellfire Cerberus
Caller of the Void
Hellfire Bloater
Hellfire Slave
Chaos Lacerator
Hellfire Maniac
Chaos Seer
Void Arbiter
Lurker in the Dark
Lashing Lilim
Abyssal Worm
Fate Bender
Reborn Incubus

Fortunes

Garant's Purge
Hall of Torment
Halls of Amnesia
Maws of Chaos
Void Judgment
Void Rift
Dunes of Madness
Phrias' Gift
Sacrifice

Buildings

Hall of Nightmares

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Factions/txf_gen_faction_necropolis_m.png
Necropolis

Heroes

Seria, Seeker of the Lost Souls
Mother Namtaru, Invoker of Death
Fleshbane, Champion of the Misshapen
Ariana of the Severed Fates

Creatures

The Banshee
Atropos, Weaver of the Dead
Fate Weaver
Vampire Lord
Fate Spinner
Lingering Ghost
Wretched Ghoul
Neophyte Lich
Putrid Lamasu
Archlich
Vengeful Spectre
Vampire Knight
Plague Zombie
Moonsilk Skeleton
Moonsilk Spinner
Vampire Assassin
Hangman Tree
Untamed Wraith
Namtaru Channeler
Plague Bearer
Undead Minotaur
Scavenger Ratkin

Fortunes

Seria's Legion
Ariana's Lair
Early Grave
Seria's Last Order
Death is Not the End
Soul Harvest

Buildings

Soul Spire

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Factions/txf_gen_faction_stronghold_m.png
Stronghold

Heroes

Kat, Seeker of Freedom
Shaar, Invoker of the Skies
Acamas, Champion of the Bloodhorn
Zardoc, Caller of Valor

Creatures

Wyvern Rider
Ranaar Harpy
Raging Smasher
Centaur Archer
Enraged Cyclops
Dreamwalker
Panther Warrior
Goblin Scout
Dreamreaver
Crusher
Goblin Hunter
Cyclops Brawler
Blackskull Warchanter
Blackskull Goblin
Blackskull Clan Warlord
War Oliphant
Blackskull Centaur
Blackskull Shredder
Bloodfrenzied Wyvern
Blackskull Cyclops
Blackskull Spellsmasher
Blackskull Crusher
Zefiria
Sahaar Orc

Fortunes

Sacrificial Altar
Surprise Attack
Zefiria's Celerity
Famous Last Blows

Buildings

War Tent

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Factions/txf_gen_faction_sanctuary_m.png
Sanctuary

Heroes

Yukiko, Seeker of Honour
Takana Osore, Champion of the Tides
Noboru, Caller of Twilight
Shalan, Voice of the Lotus

Creatures

Kenshi
Naga Tide Master
Shark Guard
Mizu-Kami
Snow Maiden
Spring Spirit
Wanizame
Coral Priestess
White Fox
Deep Mountain Yeti
Naga Yokujin
Kabuki Tei
Shinje Warrior
Unmei-Kami
Stream Singer
Sayama Champion
Sayama Warden
Raya, Sibilant Seductress
Silver Bowl Spirit

Fortunes

Challenge Hall
Yukiko's Shrine
The Frozen Maze
Battle Trance
Road to Enlightenment
Sinkhole
Honor Binds Us
Noboru's Insight
Truce

Buildings

Hidden Dojo

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Factions/Academy_icon_color_s.png
Academy

Heroes

Hakeem, Seeker of Mysteries
Asalah, Invoker of Castigation
Myranda, Blademage Champion
Akane, Caller of Memories

Creatures

Scholar
Rakshasa
Gargoyle
Spirit-Bound Djinn
Wizard Apprentice
Wizard Tutor
Wizard Disciple
Djinn
Guardian Golem
Titan
Obsidian Gargoyle
Nethermancer
Void-Tainted Djinn
Shantiri Titan
Rakshasa Scout
Surging Titan
Dervish Master
Nur, Spellweaver
Sentinel of the Ages
Rakshasa Skirmisher

Fortunes

Favorite Spell
Severed Fate
Rift's Echo
Forgotten Spell
Chain Casting
Offering to the Void
Arcane Intuition
Memory Lapse

Buildings

Arcane Orb

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Factions/txf_gen_faction_neutral_m.png
Neutral Cards

Creatures

Sea Elf Archer
Wandering Bard
Lesser Air Elemental
Lesser Fire Elemental
Angry Wyvern
Black Vulture
Greater Fire Elemental
Shi-No-Shi
Void Wraith
Greater Earth Elemental
Greater Air Elemental
Moon Phoenix
Sahaar Skirmisher
Greater Water Elemental
Lesser Light Elemental

Events

Day of Fortune
Week of Knowledge
Week of the Dead
Week of the Mercenaries
Week of the Weaponsmiths
Day of the Sanctuary
Hail Storm
Cosmic Balance
Rise of the Nethermancer
Time of War
Night of the Rising Moon
The Great Hunt

Fortunes

Altar of Asha
Campfire
Observatory
Broken Bridge
Arcane Academy
Forgotten Cave
Revised Tactics
Altar of Wishes
Fortune Telling
Time Of Need
The Price of the Void
Architect's Wonder

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Schools/s_gen_school_wind_m.png
Air Magic

Chain Lightning
Father Sky's Wrath
Lightning Bolt
Lifting Wind
Sand Storm
Air Trap
Homebound Winds
Thunder Weapon
Ylath's Breath

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Schools/s_gen_school_darkness_m.png
Dark Magic

Death Seal
Soulreaver
Moonsilk Fetters
Curse of the Penitent
Shared Agony
Cursed Bound
Enthrall
Wither
Moonsilk Strand

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Schools/s_gen_school_earth_m.png
Earth Magic

Insect Swarm
Mass Regeneration
Stone Shield
Poisonous Bulb
Earth Bound
Sylvanna's Embrace
Deep Roots
Symbiotic Barkskin
Landslide

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Schools/s_gen_school_fire_m.png
Fire Magic

Immolation
Fire Bolt
Fire Shield
Inner Fire
Fiery Death
Fire Blast
Mass Rage
Lava Stream
Soulfire

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Schools/s_gen_school_light_m.png
Light Magic

Bless
Cleansing Light
Divine Intervention
Martyr
Word of Light
Guardian Angel
Aura of Healing
Lay of Hands
Elrath's Protection

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Schools/s_gen_school_primal_m.png
Primal Magic

Dispel Magic
Teleport
Time Jump
Town Portal
Mass Dispel
Minor Recall
Spirited Away
Void Ripple
Nether Curse

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Schools/s_gen_school_water_m.png
Water Magic

Ice Spikes
Geyser
Icy Weapon
Ice Shell
Cold Fear
Focused Mind
Ink Warrior
Shalassa's Blade
Ice Armour

Kinetic_42
03-31-2014, 04:40 PM
Are there changes since the last list? Can they be highlighted please? :)

Edit: Thanks!

I'm sad Decay Spitter is gone. Really hurts Necro. Also a direct Nerf to Plague Bearers, who relied on Spitters to help them gain some value.

Revalon
03-31-2014, 04:43 PM
Are there changes since the last list? Can they be highlighted please? :)

+1

del170109032657
03-31-2014, 04:48 PM
Added to top of the thread.

Alamand
03-31-2014, 04:49 PM
Yeah, it's a bit hard to tell what's different, though a few things that stood out to me is raya is still in, which I was hoping wouldn't happen, she's just too strong with limited removal, and decay spitter is gone of course which is nice so necro can lose at least one playable creature.

Radiant glory is still gone, she never should have been removed, she's on about the same power level as centaur archer, if not weaker now with so many 4 damage spells gone.

Revalon
03-31-2014, 04:54 PM
Added to top of the thread.

daresma
03-31-2014, 04:56 PM
While it definitely was a good choice to remove decay spitter (spitter is necros wolf captain) itīs really, really unfortunate that gate to sheogh is gone - with this move an entire deck type is killed.

kartelis
03-31-2014, 05:18 PM
necro was weak now even weaker sad for gate card to

Bazaltovy
03-31-2014, 06:02 PM
Necro gets a huge buff with upcoming BS2, Spitter's removal i for clear balancing purposes. Remember you get a playable Banshee now.

biG.Jesus
03-31-2014, 06:11 PM
Decay Spitter is a key card to necro, those decks will never compete in the meta this way...Shame

z0k1x2
03-31-2014, 06:33 PM
You make Decay Spitter change to melee shooter which is great strategy add-on and than you change it with Fate Spinner LOL.

Curse of the Netherworld --> Curse of the Penitent, lol now it is surely balanced.

AmineM2
03-31-2014, 06:41 PM
Decay Spitter is a key card to necro, those decks will never compete in the meta this way...Shame

Don't be sad. Necro looks very solid even after the DS removal. Power curve of the creatures is very good, Banshee and Atropos are going to have 4 might requirement giving a lot of deckbuilding flexibility . I predict that Necro decks are going to be very strong (and quite popular) in standard.

luorax
03-31-2014, 06:42 PM

Worry not son, Dark magic will carry the race on its back. And actually they're not bad at all, they in a slow meta they have the ability to stomp other factions. Necro's main weakness was that it was slow, but with all the rushing gone it's time for them to shine.

SSK-
03-31-2014, 06:45 PM
I have a better idea for you,those who are balance the game...remove all good cards from necro and Sh*t on necro faction...better..u always screw the game...i hope you drop to 4000 players that are playing jp or overall soon..."better for new players" how to say that..really this game is so unbalanced...crashes and errors are everywhere...i see if you cant fix something you get rid off...

AmineM2
03-31-2014, 06:45 PM
You make Decay Spitter change to melee shooter which is great strategy add-on and than you change it with Fate Spinner LOL.

Curse of the Netherworld --> Curse of the Penitent, lol now it is surely balanced.

I'm happy with this change. IMHO Curse of Penitent looks very strong with the Death Lords. I'm going to try this as soon as I get full set of Lords

z0k1x2
03-31-2014, 07:08 PM
I'm happy with this change. IMHO Curse of Penitent looks very strong with the Death Lords. I'm going to try this as soon as I get full set of Lords

I sincerely wish you manage that strategy because i can not see that combo :)

GeeKneeUsKing
03-31-2014, 08:12 PM
Did dark lose despair and did Academy lose rakshasa raja?

Or did you just forget about those cards?

Freyjan
03-31-2014, 08:15 PM
Did dark lose despair and did Academy lose rakshasa raja?

Or did you just forget about those cards?

Those weren't in BS2 to begin with.

AmineM2
03-31-2014, 08:34 PM
I sincerely wish you manage that strategy because i can not see that combo :)

I know what you mean. I tried many different, sometimes wild, ideas and I had to drop 90% of them after testing them against AI :-)

Sameji246
04-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Gate to Sheogh --> Void Rift

Well, now I need a new deck for BS2.

gabusan
04-01-2014, 01:12 AM
Are these all the cards that you can get when you open a reinforcement pack after the arrival of base set 2? Or to have a chance to get a void rift (for example) you would have to open a legacy pack of void rising?

All expansions packs other than Heart of Nightmares will be legacy and will only be available for seals?

Haraguro_Megane
04-01-2014, 02:38 AM
Sanctuary needs back "Sayama Stalker" there is no reason to remove this creature w/o it there is no good 2-Drop for Sanctuary players, plz don't remove this creature our hand will have nothing interesting at the first turns, w/o this creature it's a very hard nerf for the whole faction, I mean check some 2-Drop from other factions & compare them with Sanctuary, w/o Sayama Stalker situation for Sanctuary would be tragic at the first turns, Inferno have "Succubus" Necro have "Neophyte Lich" Haven have "Crusader Watchman" Stronghold have "Goblin Hunter" all factions have a good shooter at 2 cost except Sanctuary! do u feel that this is right? Sanctuary is the only faction w/o a shooter at 2 cost so plz include Sayama Stalker in bs2 we need this creature back in.

Light magic sucks w/o Sunburst that was a crazy nerf & imo this card must left as it is light have no other cheap way to inflict some dmg at the start don't ruin everything for those ppl who want to play a Hero with light magic.

ArcaneAzmadi
04-01-2014, 06:54 AM
Better I guess, but could have been better still.

While I appreciate that most of the "garbage" neutral creatures were removed, I wish there weren't so many utterly worthless spells left in. Thunder Weapon, Lava Stream, Poisonous Bulb, Cursed Bound (Still haven't corrected the name typo, guys? It's Cursed BOND!), Aura of Healing, Nether Curse, Shalassa's Blade- these are cards that NO-ONE in their right mind will ever use. Leaving the crappy rare spells from Five Towers in was a particularly silly move- Thunder Weapon and Lava Stream in particular don't even deserve to be uncommon, let alone friggin' rares!

You really, really, REALLY shouldn't have left Observatory and Arcane Academy in (no-one cares about Architect's Wonder) especially since you're ALREADY leaving the unique search creatures in as well (for that matter, why did you remove Call to Duty?). Card drawing is already way too easy in this game, deck searching shouldn't be a piece of cake as well. There's a reason Demonic Tutor has been on the MTG restricted list ever since the concept of restricted cards was first invented.

malkorion
04-01-2014, 06:56 AM
Cursed Bound (Still haven't corrected the name typo, guys? It's Cursed BOND!)

Not really a typo.

2bound
noun
Definition of BOUND
a : a limiting line : boundary —usually used in plural
b : something that limits or restrains <beyond the bounds of decency>

sp1n-
04-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Jason please tell us this is a joke^^...just leave decay spitters or curse of nether world..hope that necro has 1 drop creatures in HoN...

ulpsz
04-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Not really a typo.

2bound
noun
Definition of BOUND
a : a limiting line : boundary —usually used in plural
b : something that limits or restrains <beyond the bounds of decency>

you are wrong it is a typo...

it is supposed to be BOND...not a boundary...

does cursed boundary sound logical to you?

Razyda
04-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Finally some bone throw for creatureless decks - true it is only Hakeem or Arianna but at least it is there.
Dunno why people complaining about removal of CotN - especially for Necro CotP is just better card in almost every aspect.

malkorion
04-01-2014, 02:35 PM

does cursed boundary sound logical to you?

If I'd really want to nitpick, there are many more typos in this game. I'm just saying that it's nothing that's written in a wrong way. It's just that they chose the wrong word for this effect. I agree with you though. Cursed Bond sounds more English.

larkhainan
04-01-2014, 04:25 PM

does cursed boundary sound logical to you?Actually cursed boundary works fine, since it implies a barrier, warding, magical hijinx. Cursed bond works fine as well. Bound though, yeah, makes no sense.

And I agree with the sentiment that there's more chaff than necessary in BS2 that I don't quite get. Have to see how it plays, though. I'm really suspicious of garbage rares in a base set meant to start new players off. Some rarity changes would be good as well.

kartelis
04-01-2014, 06:48 PM
no nergal no decay spitter.... there goes chances of making poison based deck... only vampires...

rebelo.bmp
04-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Why are you keeping the shooter and flyer guards and ending the melee guard in Haven's BS02? Really doesn't make any sense. Hope there's a new creature in BS02 to look out for that or else it's just ridiculous.

malkorion
04-01-2014, 07:07 PM
We can't really talk about Base Set 2 without context. A few weeks ago Standard was just Base Set 2. Now it's a different story.

sir_z
04-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Personally, I'm glad to see Gate to Sheogh gone. I hate playing against a deck that is a coinflip overpowered or awful (though you do occasionally get a decent game against them, maybe 1 in 10).

planeswalker17
04-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Oh no!! I was hoping to finally get my gates (after 40+ FW packs i still have none), and now there's no chance of that happening :(

ArcaneAzmadi
04-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Actually cursed boundary works fine, since it implies a barrier, warding, magical hijinx. Cursed bond works fine as well. Bound though, yeah, makes no sense.

But a boundary isn't what it IS. Cursed "Bound" causes a creature to cause backlash damage to its controller whenever it attacks- it's been bonded to its controller so any damage it deals is inflicted back to them as well. That's the theme of the card.

kartelis
04-07-2014, 08:38 PM
who came up with this vampire nonsense???/ why is necropolis should be about vampires? why not zombies, plague (thanks for banning decay spitters and nergal good job.........) reanimating etc. only one cool hero was nergal and he is gone now spitters to???/ why you forcing every necro player to play vamps???/

S1ju3k
04-08-2014, 06:31 AM
I play both necro and demon. While I absolutely agree that the gate of sheon had to go as the strategy is cheap and 'coin flip' OP, decay spitters were one of the few cards that made necro even a bit competitive. It's my favorite 4 cost creature and the one thing that made necro fun for me. They should have nerfed the card for only 1 poison counter upon deployment if they thought it was too strong for BS2. Its such a defining necro card that its just too sad to see it go.

And whats with the new beastmen, its 10x stronger than the new epics revealed and its only rare. Which brilliant developer thought, hey, lets put evade, swift and sweep attack in one creature. But you know what, its just not OP enough, lets add insane damage if its near a wizard, which is every second academy creature. And hey, lets let them have 4 of them per deck. I mean come on, does it only look to me that this card at the very least should be an epic.

On3wing3d
04-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Ok, if someone could get back to me on this.
Everyone seems to be making a big deal out of base set 2, to me it just seems like a lot of the old cards put in one place.
So...my question is, what's the big deal? Is there a special tournament where you can only use base set 2 cards? Whats the deal?

If not then how does it effect the people who already play? They already probably have the majority of these cards...can someone enlighten me?

malkorion
04-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Ok, if someone could get back to me on this.
Everyone seems to be making a big deal out of base set 2, to me it just seems like a lot of the old cards put in one place.
So...my question is, what's the big deal? Is there a special tournament where you can only use base set 2 cards? Whats the deal?

If not then how does it effect the people who already play? They already probably have the majority of these cards...can someone enlighten me?

The problem is that the developers decided to put Open behind a huge paywall.

And yes, there will be tournaments where only BS2 cards and new expansions only can be used.

For veterans, it matters little. For new players, they are pretty much stuck with Standard.

BlackMitsotakis
04-09-2014, 07:43 AM
While it definitely was a good choice to remove decay spitter (spitter is necros wolf captain) itīs really, really unfortunate that gate to sheogh is gone - with this move an entire deck type is killed.

Actually is a good thing because there aren't any creatures worth gating anymore if you noticed. If you play T2 anyway.

Personally I don't like T2 (too restrictive and unfun) and I would like to get a 4th Gate to Sheogh (I only have 3).

malkorion
04-09-2014, 10:03 AM
If anybody is wondering, T2 means Type 2 (Standard). Type 1 is Legacy / Open. Just some slang from MtG.