PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Disconnected from host mid-game.

MattAllatt
03-31-2014, 03:13 AM
One thing I'm getting really annoyed about is the number of times I'm in the middle of a game, and suddenly find myself disconnected from the host.

The thing that makes this truly irritating is that you lose any progress on challenges that you have made during that game. This is especially annoying when some of those challenges, such as multi-kills on Manhunt take quite some time to do, especially when half the games I play don't seem to trigger it, so losing 2 or 3 from a game that is triggering it is downright infuriating.

I appreciate that anyone that quits should lose their progress, but this should not apply to people who are disconnected through no fault of their own. A quick ping of the ubisoft server immediately after disconnection should show that it wasn't caused by the player pulling the plug on the phone line, so this shouldn't be too difficult to fix, surely?

Where-am-I-again
03-31-2014, 08:20 AM
A quick ping of the ubisoft server immediately after disconnection should show that it wasn't caused by the player pulling the plug on the phone line, so this shouldn't be too difficult to fix, surely?

And even if someone did pull the plug to save their rankings, I find it a smaller bad than the way "innocent civilians are harmed" (sorry!) at the moment. There are plenty of ways to mess with the ladder, so if someone wants to waste their time rebooting routers every time they get a bad game, so be it. Ubisoft shouldn't punish legitimate players with their crappy P2P webcode just because they're afraid of people cheating with the ladder. Not to mention, that the people who would "cheat" with the ladder already do so in many different ways, ranging from leaving at the very beginning to even some 3rd party programs some people are rumoured to use at PC (all thanks to the peer-to-peer nature of the game, without which there wouldn't even be any problems with DC's)

eating_in_bed
04-05-2014, 09:07 PM
One thing I'm getting really annoyed about is the number of times I'm in the middle of a game, and suddenly find myself disconnected from the host.

Yep, me too, get it sometimes during game but especially on character select screen.

During game is worst as you lose ladder points.

Don't get this problem with any other game, including AC Brotherhood MP which I still play sometimes - it seems to me there is something wrong with the AC4 code (probably a threading issue) and the devs (or product owners, or project managers) at Ubisoft need to prioritise that in the backlog, as one full game in 40 mins of trying is not my idea of a good experience.

Tenacious Thane
04-05-2014, 10:40 PM
happens on all systems very often.. very annoying

Where-am-I-again
04-10-2014, 02:32 PM
A quick ping of the ubisoft server immediately after disconnection should show that it wasn't caused by the player pulling the plug on the phone line, so this shouldn't be too difficult to fix, surely?

I've been battling with horrible connection problems recently (or so Ubi likes to call them, my connection is fine though) and I haven't been able to play a single match since tuesday. A few minutes ago I decided to try rebooting my router (hasn't helped before, but won't hurt, right?) and I got a message on the MP screen that said "You have been returned to the main menu because your Ethernet cable has been disconnected". What does this mean? It means the game can ALREADY DISTINGUISH A VOLUNTARY AND INVOLUNTARY DISCONNECTION FROM EACH OTHER. Why must both be punished then? We may never know, but I suspect it has something to do with the word "incompetence".

unbelievable79
04-11-2014, 01:23 PM
every time we get something new for the game, like new maps or this time new costumes, everytime disconnecting problems getting worse after this. Since yesterday i ve been disconnected every second game, today, gmt+1, between 13 and 14 o clock, i was able to play only one game completly. And the best thing is, if im not getting disconnected, then my character is appearing after disgiuse or headless or without the hat. That way to play makes a lot of fun, thank you ubisoft, that im starting to hate this game...

EyepatchEagle
04-16-2014, 08:41 PM
every time we get something new for the game, like new maps or this time new costumes, everytime disconnecting problems getting worse after this.

During events the game is absolutely unplayable. Me nor my friends can connect to any session, we just keep disconnecting, freezing and crashing like nuts.

And the best thing is, if im not getting disconnected, then my character is appearing after disgiuse or headless or without the hat. That way to play makes a lot of fun, thank you ubisoft, that im starting to hate this game..

I thought that this was just Nvidia problem on PC, but it seems pretty common even on all platforms. It's hilarious sometimes, but very distracting and annoying if it keeps happening all the time...