PDA

View Full Version : Can't find Import Tool on XBL Website

rtk3
03-29-2014, 06:14 PM
I fired up 2014 for the 1st time yesterday and when I was going through the setup it asked me if I wanted to import my songs and I said "No" because for some reason I have issues purchasing DLC from the XBOX itself. I normally have to go through ww.xbox.com to get DLC.

I have since DLed a few more songs but I want to get the import tool to get my original RS songs on 2014. Any ideas? I checked all the DLC on the xbl site and I do not see it.

toymachinesh
03-29-2014, 06:22 PM
You have to download it through the in-game store

Store - Packs - RS1 Import

rtk3
03-31-2014, 01:47 AM
Ok thanks!

rtk3
03-31-2014, 03:06 PM
Ubisoft...please put the import tool on the XBL site... :)

toymachinesh
03-31-2014, 04:37 PM
Ubisoft...please put the import tool on the XBL site... :)

That would violate their re-licensing agreement. It needs to be within the software so they can verify you actually own/have owned the original game.

Marauder359
03-31-2014, 04:52 PM
That would violate their re-licensing agreement. It needs to be within the software so they can verify you actually own/have owned the original game.

How does having the new software verify the presence of the old software in any way that wouldn't be done from the dashboard and marketplace? Presumably, RS2014 searches the xbox for a saved game file (what they've said) from RS1. If it were available from the marketplace, with the same limitation, it would simply search for the game save from RS1, wouldn't it? I get your point that you can't sell it willy nilly, but you can't buy DLC for a game you don't own as is, right? So, making it impossible to buy that without a RS1 save, seems pretty easy and wouldn't violate any agreements, one would think... where is that thinking wrong?

Kynlore
03-31-2014, 05:27 PM
I have never seen or heard of the Marketplace being able to do any search of your Xbox for game files. How would the Xbox OS know what files to search for?

Marauder359
03-31-2014, 06:48 PM
I have never seen or heard of the Marketplace being able to do any search of your Xbox for game files. How would the Xbox OS know what files to search for?

How does it know what to search for from within RS2014? It auto-detected my game save. But if you decline that at that point, how does it currently function? Originally you had to fool the system into a new game save and then re-import your stuff. I know that's no longer the case, but does that mean the option in the in-game store is there for people without a RS1 game save, or no? If so, how do people without said save get excluded when they click on that within the in-game store? However that's done, presuming that's the way that works currently, is how they could do it on the dashboard... That said, I was mistaken that you cannot purchase content for games you don't have. I looked it up a bit ago while I was on and you can buy any DLC you want... So it would require much more tinkering than I'd figured... I think it would be quite possible without violating the license, but not worth the extra coding involved to bother. I don't know why I presumed you couldn't buy DLC for games you didn't have.

Kynlore
03-31-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm sure it is programmed into RS2014 to look for a RS1 game save to prompt for importing. The Xbox Marketplace is not a program, but a database query.

Marauder359
03-31-2014, 07:08 PM
I'm sure it is programmed into RS2014 to look for a RS1 game save to prompt for importing. The Xbox Marketplace is not a program, but a database query.

Right... the prompt... My question was about if you did not accept the prompt initially, or if you subsequently add a RS1 game save, or even not... In the in-game store, the option is there, even now, to buy the importer. Is it there for people that don't have RS1? And if so, that's not the game searching and prompting, so, when selected, what happens for someone without RS1? Or is it even there?

Kynlore
03-31-2014, 07:10 PM
That, I don't know the answer to.

JobuuRumdrinker
03-31-2014, 07:34 PM
Here's how it goes. You put 2014 disc in. It says have you played RS1 before. I answered no. Then after a couple months, I got RS1. First play RS1 and make a save file. Then I had to move (delete) my 2014 save files from the hard drive to USB stick. Then start up 2014 again. Answer yes. The game found the RS1 save and asked me if I wanted to import the old songs. Move 2014 saves back over to hard drive.

Marauder359
03-31-2014, 08:22 PM
Here's how it goes. You put 2014 disc in. It says have you played RS1 before. I answered no. Then after a couple months, I got RS1. First play RS1 and make a save file. Then I had to move (delete) my 2014 save files from the hard drive to USB stick. Then start up 2014 again. Answer yes. The game found the RS1 save and asked me if I wanted to import the old songs. Move 2014 saves back over to hard drive.

And as I understand it, that is no longer how it has to happen. One of the patches fixed that issue. Now, for instance, you can find the importer in the in-game store, even now that you've bought it... The question is, is it there before there's a RS1 save, or only there after there's a RS1 save?

rtk3
04-18-2014, 04:25 PM
it ended up being a problem with a credit iI had left over in my XBL account. If I went through the in-game store and bought the conversion tool it would error out...if I tried to apply my credit. As soon as I did not apply any credits and just charged to my CC it worked fine...what a pain in the *** on the XBL side.

RS2014 side is fine. :)