PDA

View Full Version : Altar of Wishes: older sets will cost more Wildcards than newer sets.

gabusan
03-29-2014, 01:22 PM
Why is that? Why will cards get more expensive to get as time goes by? Is it some kind of marketing strategy, like "buy now while they are cheap! Save on wildcards by buying while they are fresh!".

I dont think I need that kind of stress on my life. Please reconsider this.

Sameji246
03-29-2014, 11:05 PM
Probably to make people feel more inclined to play the new standard format. Which shouldn't be a problem because BS2 will be awesome, unless you currently play one of those dirty Control or Kelthor decks.

gabusan
03-29-2014, 11:11 PM
Could we at least know what cards will be more expensive than now and which cards will be cheaper? I mean, I understand older sets will be more expensive than newer, but I want to know what will the prices be relative to current prices.

Also, how many levels of pricing will there be? Just "old set" and "new set", or will there be something in between?

cyber-raptor67
03-31-2014, 01:53 PM
I hope that dosent mean that the cards in altar of wishes will become more expansive! They are totally overpriced now already....
I calculated that i would need 272 wildcards for the remaining 19 cards..... thats 210 euro for the wildcards....

Sameji246
03-31-2014, 03:19 PM
My guess would be that base set 2 will cost as much as base set 1 (common 1, uncommon 3 etc etc), and Heart of Nightmares will be as much as Void Rising.

thanasis
04-01-2014, 08:46 AM
My guess is BS2 will cost as much as Void Rising and HoN as much as Forgotten Wars.
Which of course, combined with all the other changes, makes it doubtful if a non paying player will ever be able to complete a Top Tier deck.

gabusan
04-01-2014, 09:41 PM
How about they just tell us a week in advance instead of giving vague hints.

malkorion
04-02-2014, 10:10 AM
My guess is BS2 will cost as much as Void Rising and HoN as much as Forgotten Wars. (fixed)
Which of course, combined with all the other changes, makes it doubtful if a non paying player will ever be able to complete a Top Tier deck.

Base Set cards should be the cheapest, and it should also provide an anchor to adjust the prices for other sets.

I am just afraid that the prices for Open will skyrocket and nobody will even bother to play it. I was only a few more weeks away to have everything for Open. Now I'm stuck with Standard.

Njordin
04-06-2014, 08:35 AM
I didn't read anything about cards costing more wildcards in the patch notes. Did they anything about it in the live streaming ?

Revalon
04-06-2014, 09:06 AM
I didn't read anything about cards costing more wildcards in the patch notes. Did they anything about it in the live streaming ?

Yes, take a look here:

http://mmdocking.com/upcoming-changes-part-3-the-return-of-jason/