PDA

View Full Version : Smooth 60 FPS Gameplay

HelixxVR-Eden
03-29-2014, 04:29 AM
When I bought Trials Evolution Gold Edition, it ran so terribly I couldn't play it until a lot of patching was done. I complained about this on the old RedLynx forums. Eventually it started to run without issue.

To balance that out, I'll just been playing Trials Fusion. It runs incredibly smoothly at a steady and smooth 60FPS. Verified both with the in-game frametate and MSI Afterburner. This seems like a much better launch.

D2Dahaka
04-01-2014, 07:59 AM
My experience is similar (with the exception that Gold still runs like crap for me). The team have done a great job with Fusion on PC IMHO.

noobaroniNcheez
04-01-2014, 09:57 AM
My experience is similar (with the exception that Gold still runs like crap for me). The team have done a great job with Fusion on PC IMHO.

I agree that a better job has been done with Fusion. The launch of TE:GE put such a sour taste in my mouth that I really haven't been back on it much since then.

TeriXeri
04-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Sadly on some tracks I still get random FPS drops, in fact, Deep Freeze runs good now but other tracks have more stutters instead especially on high-speed track bits (when fps goes from 60 to like 55 for an instant and back again to 60. Putting enviroment to low helps a bit, or scaling down resolution to like 1280x720 windowed.

Might be related to texture loading, as at the start of track the textures look "blurry" sometimes with a tiny fps drop as well.

Specs: i7 920 2.67ghz, AMD 5870, 6 GB 1600 ram.

I haven't tried playing it on SSD.

IImayneII
04-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Might be related to texture loading, as at the start of track the textures look "blurry" sometimes with a tiny fps drop as well.
Textures seem to load too late at the start of a track on my end, with sometimes bland textures at the start for 1-2 seconds and then the real textures popping up. I'll post a video on this when I can

The in-game fps shows it's constantly switching between 59-60 fps for me (this was since I first tried fusion). I'll check with a different program to be sure this is actually the case since I don't really notice anything in gameplay, maybe because it's just a 1 frame drop but it's weird it doesn't just stay at 60fps.

sebastianaalton
04-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Textures seem to load too late at the start of a track on my end, with sometimes bland textures at the start for 1-2 seconds and then the real textures popping up. I'll post a video on this when I can
This is a known bug, reported by others as well. We have a fix for this in testing. The fix also speeds up the game/level loading time a lot.

The in-game fps shows it's constantly switching between 59-60 fps for me (this was since I first tried fusion). I'll check with a different program to be sure this is actually the case since I don't really notice anything in gameplay, maybe because it's just a 1 frame drop but it's weird it doesn't just stay at 60fps.
I think the frame rate counter has a rounding error. The counter calculates an average of small time period and for example 59.99 fps becomes 59 fps when rounded down. Timing for every single frame isn't perfect, so the measurement has minor errors like this. The frame rate still is locked 60 fps (if you have vsync active), only the measurement is slightly wrong (this can be confirmed with FRAPS).

TeriXeri
04-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Some tv type monitors also have a 59.97Hz I know mine does that, and in-game the counter usually fluctuates between 59 and 60, more often 59.

Performance improved again last patch, still got some minor stutters(fps shows like 55-58 most often for a split sec) when going fullscreen 1080 with all on high, but it's very playable, and even moreso on medium or a slightly lower windowed mode.

Not sure if this made any actual difference or it's just in my mind, but I did put priority on High via my task manager, and it did seem to improve.

TurtleIsSlow
04-08-2014, 03:56 AM
That's a fairly low card over all, I think is equal to the 470 cards. It may be time to over clock your card a bit to maintain any future life span for PC gaming. hopefully the new update cured most of it, I am sure user tracks will only get worse as people max out the items per board.