PDA

View Full Version : Speculation: New Set for Gold

Kurency
03-28-2014, 09:32 PM
According to the following link, https://www.duelofchampions.com/en/news?y=2013&m=12 the Five Towers set was announced December 5, 2013. That was 16 weeks ago and if using the past to predict the likely future, than it is entirely likely that the same outcome will happen for the Heart of Nightmares set in terms of availability for gold. The thing to keep in mind is that the Five Towers set is still not available for gold. So that 16 week period is still counting. I haven't been around for previous card sets, so for those of you that have been, what's the track record for earlier card sets? How long does it take the shop to make the transition from seals to gold?

Revalon
03-29-2014, 12:01 AM
The old system was to keep the newest expansion only available for seals until the next expansion comes. This could be done due to seals being easily to obtain. They were not really a premium currency.
Now, this changes. Seals will no longer be available just by playing, so they can't keep the newest set for seals until the next comes out without becoming p2w.
You can't compare what we have now with what we will get with the new update.

I didn't hear it myself, but I read that Jason had said during the teamstrem that HoN would be available for gold after 3 weeks or so.

burnmyself
03-30-2014, 01:09 PM
I would like to see Five Towers boosters for gold. Even for 1-2 weeks. It's the only expansion that wasn't avaiable for gold until next patch. The option is to put the 5T for gold to the shop now(for 1-2 weeks) or after BS2 comes out for 2-3 weeks before HoN will be avaiable for gold.

gabusan
03-31-2014, 01:39 AM
I would like to see Five Towers boosters for gold. Even for 1-2 weeks. It's the only expansion that wasn't avaiable for gold until next patch. The option is to put the 5T for gold to the shop now(for 1-2 weeks) or after BS2 comes out for 2-3 weeks before HoN will be avaiable for gold.

I guess they could always make a special flash sale for that. "You asked for it!" and all that.