PDA

View Full Version : Game Lab Exploitation Time!

Ulis_Beastie
03-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Tired of playing the same game modes over and over? Need a break from the stressful ranking system? Want a change of pace? Do you want to put your skills to the test? Want to learn new tricks? Or do you simply want to have fun?

OK. Here's the deal: looking for PC players who'd be willing to play various game lab modes, covering both FFA and team modes. Unfortunately there is not much interest in creating game labs (as can be seen by the number of posts in the following thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ame-modes-here!)
Therefore we decided to offer this public invitation, hoping to find more people who would like to try various game lab modes, but can't find the modes in public rotation or cannot gather enough people to host their own modes.

Some research was done on promising creations by other people, some of them were recreated with a twist. In total there are about 10+ game modes readily available for testing and optimization. These range from brutally challenging DM to purely fun team modes. In addition to that, modified recreations of recent official events (e.g. Bloodbath) or Ubisoft created modes like Frantic Wanted, Simple Deathmatch, Pistolier Mode.... are on offer.

And if you think you have created a great mode on your own but can't find enough people... Together we can try it out.

In general anyone and everybody's invited to join. Preferably players from Europe to keep connectivity issues at a minimum. However, it is not recommended for completely new players. You should be familiar with the game mechanics in order to enjoy this offering. We offer access to a TS server for better communication. Feedback is most welcome.

If this turns out to be popular, we plan to host these events on a regular basis.

Wednesday 16.04.2014 at 7 GMT

Silent Hunt.

Here's the game lab modification summary:

WANTED
no heartbeats
no whispers
no portrait
approach meter start is full, off
targets info off

banned perk : determined

failed app: 0
poor app: 100
good app: 200
perfect app: 500

execution:100
poison: 300
intercepted: 100
bobby trap kill: 1000

If you want a piece of the action just leave a comment or PM. I'll add you to my friends list.

SquirrelInDaSky
03-28-2014, 10:44 AM
This is great. I have a gamemode of my own that I really wanted to try. Maybe now is the time.

Ulis_Beastie
03-28-2014, 11:06 AM
What is it? Did u favor your game lab mode.. so I can add it? Also the idea was to play one mode per meeting... I guess we'll have to see how things turn out tho.

SquirrelInDaSky
03-28-2014, 01:11 PM
I only made it on Xbox, i will have to recreate it on PC. It's basically a super hardcore Wanted (surprise surprise).
I don't insist on playing my mode ASAP, i am okay with any kind of gamelab right now =)

Ulis_Beastie
03-28-2014, 01:18 PM
Any Wanted with you as an opponent is a super Hardcore Wanted for me.... But honestly, can't wait to try it out.

Ysanoire
03-28-2014, 01:23 PM
Count me in!

I love gamelabs, especially if they're DM or wanted. Sadly, these kinds of threads didn't get so much attention in the past. I hope we get a decent crowd to play now!

By 7 GMT you meant 7 pm right?

[edit] video is inaccessible though (private).

BlackDwarf1974
03-28-2014, 01:50 PM
Great idea !! Wish I was on PC... :(

nuckchorr1s
03-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Sharpen your blades, Assassins, for you will face a challenge of epic proportions!
We are looking forward to your participation.

Greetings from me too, as I will be co-host to these events.

Sadly, these kinds of threads didn't get so much attention in the past. I hope we get a decent crowd to play now!

You speak my mind! It is truly a shame that game lab's potential isn't utilized more by the community. Who knows, maybe a small impulse like this might trigger something bigger...

That should be correct. In other words 20:00 for you or people located in Central Europe in general.
We are still a little bit flexible with these dates and times, so you can give us input on that. We will try to find dates so that all or most of the interested people can attend.

Have fun!

Ulis_Beastie
03-28-2014, 05:52 PM

nope, it's 8 p.m., 7 is only UK and Portugal (I know where Ysanoire's from)

...lIke Nuck said it's 8 p.m. for Central Europe

Ulis_Beastie
03-28-2014, 05:53 PM
Great idea !! Wish I was on PC... :(

You should do as Squirrell does.. Have an X-Box and PC account ;)

Ysanoire
03-28-2014, 07:19 PM
nope, it's 8 p.m., 7 is only UK and Portugal (I know where Ysanoire's from)

...lIke Nuck said it's 8 p.m. for Central Europe

Oh, yes, it'll be 8 pm in GMT+1. I just meant to confirm it was in the afternoon (p.m.) (didn't really expect it to be 7 in the morning XD but hey, you never know XD ). Thanks.

dova13
03-28-2014, 07:20 PM
count me in!

Ulis_Beastie
03-29-2014, 07:15 AM
Great, I'll add you to my friends list.

Lokikron
03-30-2014, 05:40 PM
This sounds like a great idea, always wanted to do custom gamelabs.

Kirokill
03-30-2014, 07:04 PM
You guys must have a ton of fun in this one!
I request squirrel to make a video of this!

Ulis_Beastie
03-31-2014, 09:56 AM
OK, Lokikron, I'm really hoping u'll bring moneybombs into the mix....
Also: u use Mumble, right? would you consider using Team Speak client?
AAh dang ..i forgot my Steam account...

Lokikron
03-31-2014, 09:46 PM
OK, Lokikron, I'm really hoping u'll bring moneybombs into the mix....
Also: u use Mumble, right? would you consider using Team Speak client?
AAh dang ..i forgot my Steam account...

I wasn't planning on bringing money bomb, but I think I will now.

And yeah I'm fine with teamspeak, I've got all the big voip programs downloaded.

Ulis_Beastie
04-01-2014, 07:33 AM
Cool. I didn't wanna suggest anything... but you are kinda famous for moneybombs... And with no heartbeats/whispers, no nothing, lookalikes in a DM... well moneybomb i think would bring chaotic fun...

nuckchorr1s
04-01-2014, 08:52 PM
I wasn't planning on bringing money bomb, but I think I will now.

MB will actually be very useful in this game mode. While Firecrackers are a more powerful option for detecting other players, MB will be a more subtle and less conspicious way for that. Choose the one that fits your playstyle most. (I became victim to money bombs quite often in the past because sometimes a few seconds pass untill I realize that MB has been used on me. Contrary to that, you will obviously always immediately know when someone fired his crackers...)
I had to disable Wipe as it is significantly more powerful than both of the before mentioned due to the blocking of abilities, making it too imbalanced for this.

AmaZim2
04-03-2014, 10:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HLUQGJOb3Y

Is this what this thread is about?? :)

It was really BIG fun!!!

Lokikron
04-04-2014, 12:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HLUQGJOb3Y

Is this what this thread is about?? :)

It was really BIG fun!!!

Aw man I wished you got the teamspeak audio, so you could hear us chatting, lots of "Noooo YES! NOOOOOOOO!" were had, and I know you killed me like at least twice when my target was right there.

You can also see my rage disruptions aimed at trying to **** up other people higher up on the scoreboard than me, and I apparently run more with pursuers on me when I have no whispers *embarrassed*

Also lol at me loading in last because connection. (Dat slide fast walk)

Many good games were had that day. I think we clocked in like, 7 hours?

nuckchorr1s
04-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Thx for the video! First time I can see myself playing and failing :rolleyes:

When I created this mode, I never imagined that it will play out that well. I always had my doubts that this might be almost unplayable when you have to rely on nothing else but the portrait and your situational awareness, the absolute bare minimum of available tools. In the end I was really surprised that the collateral damage (massacred civilians) wasn't any higher than in your usual ranked mode. Probably because all participants were very experienced and know how to use Line of Sight the proper way.

Overall the mode was very balanced as final scores were usually very close, the difference between the leading person amd the 8th often less than 2000 points. This kept things interesting and allowed everyone to turn the tides in his favour. Rarely someone gained a lead that was out of reach for everyone else (with the few exceptions when Ysa turned on her rampage mode :cool:). No ability or perk semmed to give you an unfair advantage. The feedback was very positive and every participant enjoyed this mode.

However, I decided to make some minor changes: Pistol and Poison Dart are banned now as they weren't used very often in the first place and when I actually used them for a short period I felt that they don't really suit the playstyle of this mode. Additionally, I have reduced the Start Approach meter zone from high to default to decrease kill scores a bit in general (as it was to easy to get 500 pt base kills).

I did not miss the Ground Finishes (actually I have never attempted one for the whole 6 hours that I played ;)) and it was rather easy to get used to the lack of whispers /heartbeats. Someone pointed out that their absence actually relieves a lot of stress while playing, which I absolutely have to agree to. This "HC" element will most certainly fit well for other modes, too.

I want to thank everyone for their participation and hope that they enjoyed it as much as i did. I have the impression that this was a success, else we wouldn't have stayed up till 3:30 in the morning. Unfortunately I won't be able to spare that much time for future events...

Looking forward for more videos here, as several people where recording sessions.

Ulis_Beastie
04-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Yeah it was 4 a.m. (on my clock) the next day when we said our final goodbyes...

... Speaking of targets right there... (in my mind): Oh yesss, he/she's grounded..easy pickings..OH NO I'M DEAD.. damn forgot about the no whispers thingy (AGAIN) LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7xASbNhYbg

AmaZim2 thx for posting your vid. Hopefully you'll be joining us next time aswell... You brought solid gameplay into the mix.

Ulis_Beastie
04-04-2014, 08:28 AM
And speaking of Lokikrons rage disruption:

http://youtu.be/T79buXWLtiY

nuckchorr1s
04-04-2014, 08:32 AM
... Speaking of targets right there... (in my mind): Oh yesss, he/she's grounded..easy pickings..OH NO I'M DEAD.. damn forgot about the no whispers thingy (AGAIN) LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7xASbNhYbg

Haha, thanks so much for uploading the clip. This was my favourite moment of the whole evening!
There is a reason why I chose "The Provoker" as my title...:cool:

Ulis_Beastie
04-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Haha, thanks so much for uploading the clip. This was my favourite moment of the whole evening!
There is a reason why I chose "The Provoker" as my title...:cool:

Ahhh. Honey... I knew you'd like it!

Ysanoire
04-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Thanks for posting that AmaZim. I have one too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-omo7rxH2M

I did capture the chat on some videos, hehe, but I uploaded one without it 'cause I didn't know if everyone would be ok with publishing the chat, and also, everyone's voice was recorded except my own so it's kinda weird in some places where my ****!, NOOOO, WAAAAAAT and I-hate-you we re missing. XD

I wish I had recorded Ulis's 10k game 'cause I remember there were some funny moments in it. There must have been, because that was the game where my BF came in to tell me to shut the f* up 'cause I wasn't letting him sleep. It was 3am. XD But I didn't get that one.

When I created this mode, I never imagined that it will play out that well. I always had my doubts that this might be almost unplayable when you have to rely on nothing else but the portrait and your situational awareness, the absolute bare minimum of available tools. In the end I was really surprised that the collateral damage (massacred civilians) wasn't any higher than in your usual ranked mode. Probably because all participants were very experienced and know how to use Line of Sight the proper way.

Yeah, the number of dead lookalikes was lower than I expected. I did kill additional civilians due to no-whispers paranoia though.
There were more wasted abilities too. A few times I would go into an ability battle with someone, especially Ulis, only to find out that we weren't each other's pursuers at all! XD

Ulis_Beastie
04-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Yeah, the number of dead lookalikes was lower than I expected. I did kill additional civilians due to no-whispers paranoia though.
There were more wasted abilities too. A few times I would go into an ability battle with someone, especially Ulis, only to find out that we weren't each other's pursuers at all! XD

Yes. This. And then you real pursuer comes by and you have nothing... LOL

nuckchorr1s
04-04-2014, 04:37 PM
I did capture the chat on some videos, hehe, but I uploaded one without it 'cause I didn't know if everyone would be ok with publishing the chat, and also, everyone's voice was recorded except my own so it's kinda weird in some places where my ****!, NOOOO, WAAAAAAT and I-hate-you we re missing. XD

Yay, moar pls! It's actually quite interesting to see the movement behaviours and key-bindings of PC players from their point of view. Yours for example is completely different than AmaZim's. What do you use for locking if not the middle mouse button? Space?

If somebody doesn't want his chat published publicly, add some neutral sound or music as overlay on the audiotrack.
Somehow this ambient cricket sound came to my mind.. hilarious... :cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd0fBXwDBmo
Personally, I am OK with it as I didn't talk that much in the first place.
Or just upload them on YT as private video and send the links to the participants.

But that's part of the fun, isn't it?

I really wonder if it might be possible to play this even without the portraits. You might be forced to use Money Bomb / Firecrackers in some situations. Maybe we can set the ability cooldown to a lower value and it will become balanced. But probably with no lookalikes. Maybe forced ability sets might be necessary. Just some thoughts how far we can go with this.

I spontaneoulsy made an offshoot of the mode we just played with identical parameters but as a main difference: Compass instead of Portrait. To make rushing less tempting we can let the Approach meter start at zero und increase the hidden bonuses etc, similar to Bloodbath. Maybe set contested kills at 0 multiplier.... Basically a more intensified version of my HC Wanted on DM maps...
So many ideas...

Ysanoire
04-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Yay, moar pls! It's actually quite interesting to see the movement behaviours and key-bindings of PC players from their point of view. Yours for example is completely different than AmaZim's. What do you use for locking if not the middle mouse button? Space?

k, then, I'll upload a few more and make the chat ones private :>

Oh yeah, and it is interesting. I use my right mouse button to lock, since apart from the left button (kill) that's the most "handy" thing to click. I also have "hand" and "leg"/fastwalk on my mouse and space is my ranged ability. It never occurred to me to use numbers for anything, they just seem too far.

But that's part of the fun, isn't it?I really wonder if it might be possible to play this even without the portraits. You might be forced to use Money Bomb / Firecrackers in some situations. Maybe we can set the ability cooldown to a lower value and it will become balanced. Maybe forced ability sets might be necessary. Just some thoughts how far we can go with this.

Haha, it is part of the fun, I'm not complaining. And I think that yes it would still work with no portraits.

nuckchorr1s
04-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Great, send the links as PM here!

Oh yeah, and it is interesting. I use my right mouse button to lock, since apart from the left button (kill) that's the most "handy" thing to click. I also have "hand" and "leg"/fastwalk on my mouse and space is my ranged ability. It never occurred to me to use numbers for anything, they just seem too far.

AmaZim obviously uses the numpad for movement instead of WASD. Anything else wouldn't make sense. I sometimes admire you "keyboard players" because I can't do anything with mouse & kb. While I loathe consoles and the fact that PC games are usually console ports these days, I couldn't help but buy a Xbox controller just for AC (back in Revelations days). Was totally worth it, else would have never touched the more recent games. You immediately feel that the game was just designed for that. Everything goes more smoothly IMO. The only thing that you might have an edge on controller players is the act of locking. Gives me some serious problems sometimes...

And I think that yes it would still work with no portraits.

But definitely only on small maps...

Ysanoire
04-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Great, send the links as PM here!

. I sometimes admire you "keyboard players" because I can't do anything with mouse & kb. While I loathe consoles and the fact that PC games are usually console ports these days, I couldn't help but buy a Xbox controller just for AC (back in Revelations days). Was totally worth it, else would have never touched the more recent games. You immediately feel that the game was just designed for that. Everything goes more smoothly IMO. The only thing that you might have an edge on controller players is the act of locking. Gives me some serious problems sometimes...

And I can't do anything with a controller, lol. I have tried a controller on one or two occasions, back with one of the Prince of Persia games. Couldn't make a jump without falling to my death. I guess you don't get over some 15 years' worth of habit just like that. XD I can't imagine just how crap I would be at this game if I had to use a controller. I did not feel the game was designed for that at all.

Lokikron
04-04-2014, 09:59 PM

Another kb+m player here, I use mostly the defaults, (f is lock, hand is right mb, legs is space), I use the 1 and 2 number keys for switching targets in manhunt though as my mousewheel is broke/over sensitve.

I don't feel disadvantaged not using a controller and feel I can do anything a controller can do (except dinowalk properly).

Ysanoire
04-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Heh, I think when I first got the game (AC3) and played it a bit I spent quite some time mapping and remapping all the keys before I was finally satisfied. And then I plugged in a controller and "waaaaat? I can't customise anything here? f* this s*" XD

nuckchorr1s
04-05-2014, 10:07 PM
[...] I can do anything a controller can do (except dinowalk properly).

Actually never heard of that... How does it work?

Heh, I think when I first got the game (AC3) and played it a bit I spent quite some time mapping and remapping all the keys before I was finally satisfied.

Yeah I was never happy with the default settings, too. But no matter how I changed it, I just couldn't find comfortable settings for movement. While I never had problems with WASD in FPS or other games in the past, it just gave me headaches in AC. I was really bad at freerunning because of this. The analog sticks of a controller give me personally more control in that regard. Other than that there is probably no real adavantage of a controller at all. Keyboard and mouse might even be more responsive, especially when locking. And It took me quite a while to get used to that device...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's get back to the topic:

Next event has been announced for next week's Wednesday, same time, for further information see opening post!

Gunner Manhunt

We will try to alternate between FFA and team modes in the future to prevent things from going stale.

I hope to see all former participants again and hereby want to invite more people to join us. We didn't get a full lobby last time and it's always good to have more people that might be able to fill in if someone is unavailable. Playing with less than 5 people is not much fun due to the nature of the contract system.

Have fun!

Lokikron
04-06-2014, 06:22 AM
Actually never heard of that... How does it work?

To dinowalk, hold high profile and tap forward.

Here's a video of esco doing it (And I think he was maybe the first one to do it):
http://youtu.be/rO-NU2iu0Kc (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO-NU2iu0Kc)

nuckchorr1s
04-06-2014, 08:49 AM
To dinowalk, hold high profile and tap forward.

Haha, Thx for the info!
I definitely need to practice that. This will complement my taunts nicely... :cool:

Ysanoire
04-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Two more from the previous session if anyone wants to check out the mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V6S5imEJoE&feature=youtu.behttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V6S5imEJoE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hNvz5hrx0Q

And I hope we're gonna have a ful lobby next time, that'd be perfect. I'm advertising on my friends' list as much as I can. XD

Mehtih_
04-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Hey, I would like to play with you. I love Game Lab :)

Ulis_Beastie
04-06-2014, 05:12 PM
Gondek, you are most welcome to join in on the fun!

Sirpoyan
04-06-2014, 09:12 PM
count on me ;)

Lokikron
04-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Two more from the previous session if anyone wants to check out the mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V6S5imEJoE&feature=youtu.behttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V6S5imEJoE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hNvz5hrx0Q

And I hope we're gonna have a ful lobby next time, that'd be perfect. I'm advertising on my friends' list as much as I can. XD

Wow I think that havana match has to be the one where we killed the most civilians, I count like, at least 3 maybe more getting killed. (Also lol at me thinking people are always in the haybale, and then Beastie get's a 1.5k kill with it, also also lol at my body just flopping out at the end)

Ysanoire
04-07-2014, 01:06 PM
I don't know, Loki, I killed civilians by the dozens in any match XD! 30 prestiges under the belt and I still can't tell who's an NPC and who's a slow walking player unless I stare at them for two weeks. XD!

Gondek, Sirpoyan, good to have you on board :D

nuckchorr1s
04-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Ubisoft really knows how to disencourage and demotivate anyone that tries to come up with some possibly good game modes...

Yesterday I had a great idea for a very promising AA mode which contains 3 different player types. I needed at least three forced ability sets for the mode to make any sense...
You can always count on Ubisoft for ruining your experience. If it's not due to technical issues (we are plagued with disconnects and crashes at game launch), you can be sure they will come up with something else! It had to be like this....

You cannot create more than 2 (in letters: T W O) forced ability sets for any game lab. WTF? This is utterly ridiculous! There is no plausible explanation why you shouldn't be able to create up to ten different forced ability sets.
When I encountered this, I was feeling like the Ubisoft rabbit is sitting on my shoulder, whispering into my ears:
"Nononono, Stop it! NOW! How dare you try to create more than 3 forced ability sets? You do not need more than 2 of those.... EVER. Even if you were Chuck Norris himself...."

Seriously, what is up with that? Is it just sloppy game design, another sign for a game that has been rushed to release or both?

Then the game lab doesn't even allow that many customizations in general...
The other day I wanted to re-create Alliance in Manhunt with 4 teams of 2 people that have to kill each other (1->2->3->4->1). Guess what!
While certain modes allow several options to alter the "Mode settings", you cannot customize Manhunt at all (except the map size). Really disappointing!

The thing that bugs me most is that there exists no platform that is either implemented directly into the game or into Uplay, which would allow you to share your game lab creations publicly.
This is how sharing your modes works at the moment (with the exlusion of third party methods): You have to be a friend to the person that wants to share his mode. Then this person has to favourite his mode and you can save it from his profile in your friends list. Of course the person is limited to 3 favourites and the names / labels he has given those modes won't transfer (because we are dealing with Ubisoft here, what else did you expect?)
Can it be more cumbersome?
Look at Steam's Workshop! A slimmed down version of that for Uplay for the purpose of promoting custom game modes in a better way is desperately needed!
No wonder there is hardly any interest for the game lab feature in general! What a waste of potential on a once great concept!

I am no game designer and own this game now just for about six weeks but these seemingly minor und totally avoidable issues attracted my attention immediately. Their eliminiation would make the overall experience just so much better. The game lab - as it is now - was IMO not thought through well at all.

I had so many ideas but I am so limited at the same time.
What a sad story...

marius999g
04-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Dang...I missed yesterday's game lab sessions! Guess I have to wait 'till next week then...
Curse me for being so busy..
How were the sessions anyways? Sounded like a fun game mode

Ysanoire
04-13-2014, 10:05 PM
I think we can safely say that this gamelab was a success, no less than the previous one. We played almost as long. XD And also, it was great that we had a full lobby at least part of the time, it was awesome.

Does anyone have an idea on what we should do next?

Ysanoire
04-14-2014, 02:25 PM
I guess it should be a FFA mode now, we haven't had wanted yet?

One idea would be to revisit "silent hunt". Is everyone still available this week?

nuckchorr1s
04-14-2014, 06:15 PM
I think we can safely say that this gamelab was a success, no less than the previous one. We played almost as long. XD And also, it was great that we had a full lobby at least part of the time, it was awesome.

Indeed, it was pure fun and madness!
I wonder if you experimented a bit more with the parameters after I had to leave. At the beginning I had the impression that Animus Shield in combination with 10s cooldown ("very fast") might have been a bit OP. I'd like to have played with "fast" cooldown only at least once, to give it a little more tactical depth and make it less hectic. (But in the end I still enjoyed it, got some ridiculous 5-6 stun streaks... )
Well, it would be so awesome if one could just completely customize the cooldown times of each ability individually and indepentently from the others. IMO Animus shield cooldown of 12-14s would have hit the sweet spot. I don't think its's possible to reach that value with "fast" or "very fast". (Again, very poor game design by Ubisoft).

Any videos recorded of this session?

I guess it should be a FFA mode now, we haven't had wanted yet?

One idea would be to revisit "silent hunt". Is everyone still available this week?

Our idea was FFA again, HC Wanted. What's Silent Hunt?

Unfortunately, I am not available for two reasons:
1) I'm extremely busy for the next weeks and won't be able to play at all. Might be that I can manage to spare an hour or two on Wednesdays and join in but I can't promise anything. Probably you won't see me anytime soon...
2) I really need a break from this game. I have the feeling that I have seen and done (almost) everything...
But most importantly it's due to the numerous amount of technical issues and bugs that this game includes. DCs, problems with groups, random crashes (my game crashes 75% on launch for no reason) and the overall poor implemetation of the game lab feature are just way too frustrating for me to bear any longer. Especially the fact that the 4k Abstergo credit bug has been there unfixed since release of Freedom Cry (Mid December) and that they have just managed to introduce a bug of similar caliber (+3 days of Abstergo+) with last event should be proof enough for anyone that the devs have completely abandoned this game. I would actually bet a siginficant amount of money that these will never ever be fixed at all.
The big $$$ have been earned with this game already, now they are probably rushing for the next unpolished release... Don't let them fool you with freebies like new costumes or uninspired events like the last one. It's fixes and patches what this game needs above all and I haven't seen any of those lately.

But don't let me disencourage you with that project. It would be a shame if it was over after just two sessions...
I have shared a lot of my creations with Ulis, feel free to use and refine them and I am sure that you will come up with other good ideas (in spite of the ridiculous limitations of game lab)!

Thanks again to all the participants and hopefully see you again in the future...

Ysanoire
04-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Indeed, it was pure fun and madness!
I wonder if you experimented a bit more with the parameters after I had to leave. At the beginning I had the impression that Animus Shield in combination with 10s cooldown ("very fast") might have been a bit OP. I'd like to have played with "fast" cooldown only at least once, to give it a little more tactical depth and make it less hectic. (But in the end I still enjoyed it, got some ridiculous 5-6 stun streaks... )

Yes, we changed the settings slightly later on. We didn't touch cooldowns as that would make the pistol unavailable for too long, but we turned off crafting = shield lasted less time and only had one charge. It wasn't AS easy to get stuns anymore. I thought it was perfect.

Any videos recorded of this session?

I recorded just one match, might post it later, I dunno yet. It was a derpy game for me :P

Our idea was FFA again, HC Wanted. What's Silent Hunt?

It's the same thing. HC wanted was what Rainin called it, silent hunt was the name that stuck to the ubi version, but I believe the differences are minimal.

Too bad you won't be able to join us this time. Hopefully you'll come back for one of the later iterations.

abalian
04-22-2014, 02:22 AM
Silent Hunt.

Here's the game lab modification summary:

WANTED
no heartbeats
no whispers
no portrait
approach meter start is full, off
targets info off

banned perk : determined

failed app: 0
poor app: 100
good app: 200
perfect app: 500

execution:100
poison: 300
intercepted: 100
bobby trap kill: 1000

Sounds like my kind of session! How can I play? Everytime I look for a game lab session, it says 1 found but creates a new one anyway. I'm on PC btw, online daily for hrs.

SquirrelInDaSky
04-22-2014, 09:31 AM
I fixed my internets and can finally play some gamelabs with you guys. When is the next session?

Ysanoire
04-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Sounds like my kind of session! How can I play? Everytime I look for a game lab session, it says 1 found but creates a new one anyway. I'm on PC btw, online daily for hrs.

You won't be able to play this mode from the public playlist, it's been replaced with different ones now. But if you wanna check out other custom made modes you should join us on Wednesdays.

I fixed my internets and can finally play some gamelabs with you guys. When is the next session?

Pretty sure it's gonna be the usual time, Wednesday at 7pm GMT, and it's probably going to be Domination this time, though we don't have the details worked out at the moment.

Ysanoire
04-24-2014, 06:34 PM
Hey guys, thanks to everyone who keeps coming.

I think next time we should try no compass assassinate on a small map. This idea has come up in the past, but we didn't really have people to try it. Here's what it looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jfLVNQKKgs

abalian
04-25-2014, 02:10 AM
You won't be able to play this mode from the public playlist, it's been replaced with different ones now. But if you wanna check out other custom made modes you should join us on Wednesdays.

Ahh I see now, thank you. Looking forward to next week. If only I'd read your post sooner!

Lokikron
04-29-2014, 12:23 AM
Due to work, I won't be able to participate this wednesday, hopefully I can join in next week. (Also I really do feel we should have additional gamelab days on saturday/sunday for those busy during the week)

marius999g
04-29-2014, 06:26 PM
Hey guys, thanks to everyone who keeps coming.

I think next time we should try no compass assassinate on a small map. This idea has come up in the past, but we didn't really have people to try it. Here's what it looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jfLVNQKKgs

Ah yes! I saw that video a few days ago, definetly perked my interest. Would love to try it out.

Ysanoire
04-30-2014, 02:46 PM
@Loki: sorry to hear it :( If we can't get enough people or if we want to play this again I'll arrange another meeting on the weekend. I'll just throw it out there and see if people can make it on, say, Saturday.

@marius: Great, looking forward to seeing you there! Same time as always (today).

Lokikron
04-30-2014, 04:34 PM
@Loki: sorry to hear it :( If we can't get enough people or if we want to play this again I'll arrange another meeting on the weekend. I'll just throw it out there and see if people can make it on, say, Saturday.

@marius: Great, looking forward to seeing you there! Same time as always (today).

>.> I'm also working saturday, won't be home till probably 5pm CST/11PM GMT so I'll join the tail end of the event if it's still going on.

Sundays good though, and next week

Ysanoire
04-30-2014, 10:53 PM
We played a little today, not too much 'cause we didn't have many people so the lobby dismantled after 2 people left, but I've suggested another date.

Sunday 4pm GMT and a few people said they want to come. Is that ok for you Loki? And Marius 'cause you weren't online today? :>

marius999g
05-01-2014, 08:00 PM
We played a little today, not too much 'cause we didn't have many people so the lobby dismantled after 2 people left, but I've suggested another date.

Sunday 4pm GMT and a few people said they want to come. Is that ok for you Loki? And Marius 'cause you weren't online today? :>

Yup! Sounds good to me. :)

Ysanoire
05-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Thanks again to everyone who came. This last mode was really awesome. One match can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaocGLc2Rc0&feature=youtu.be

For the next one I suggest to finally play Simple DM, or even, Very Simple Deathmatch.

template: deathmatch
abilities banned
perks banned
streaks banned
target's info: force off
allow heartbeats: off

Ysanoire
05-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Hey everyone, another meeting is scheduled for Sunday again, at 4pm GMT.

I don't know yet what we're gonna play, probably nothing new, we'll just choose a cool mode from before. If there are enough people we'll try a team mode, maybe?

I'm open to suggestions for more modes.

marius999g
05-14-2014, 01:33 PM
I might be able to make it online tonight for an hour or so, but I'm not sure. Also,Ysa, are the sunday sessions going to be a regular thing from now on?

Ysanoire
05-15-2014, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I'd like to make Sunday a regular thing too, but it all depends on demand. If there are people who can't make it on Wednesday then Sunday sessions will be there for them, but so far Sunday seems to be less popular. In any case, I'm always gonna be there on Sunday and I hope people will show up (with the exception of 25.05, when I'm gonna be out of town).

Ysanoire
05-18-2014, 12:21 AM
Hey guys, I've had something come up tomorrow ( a family event type of thing) so I'm not gonna be there for the Sunday session. Don't know exactly when I'll be back either so I you'll have to organise yourselves (you know each other's names) or we'll just meet next Wednesday.