PDA

View Full Version : About the minimum requirements, what's going on ??

FR_Dam143
03-27-2014, 04:50 AM
First of all, here is an article from the reliable game-debate.com those guys know what they re talking about better than me

What's that I hear? Is that a roar of laughter? A gasp of shock? Yep, these are some pretty hefty system requirements, the bare minimum system requirements for Trials Fusion are probably enough to get a fair few gaming PCs running for their life.

First and foremost those GPU requirements. The GeForce GTX 460 and Radeon HD 5850 easily rank up there as one of the highest minimum system requirements we've ever had, hitting 8 out of 10 on the Game-Debate GPU Hardware Scale. To top it off you're going to be wanting a dual core i3-550 processor or a quad-core Athlon II X4 620 to supposedly get the game running at minmum. Still, at least the 3GB RAM requirement isn't too bad?

Moving on to the recommended requirements for Trials Fusion and it's the same tale again, this time asking for a whopping GeForce GTX 560 Ti or a Radeon HD 7850, and you'd best hope you're sporting a quad-core processor!

These requirements seem suspiciously high to us, particularly for a 2D-plane physics racing game. Developer RedLynx and the Trials series has a history of aiming for, and hitting, a solid 60 FPS. Trials HD managed a solid 60 FPS on 360, ditto with Trials Evolution. These Trials Fusion requirements may be artificially high to guarantee a smooth experience if you're hitting these brackets, but they're still pretty beastly.

Remember, you can always check out how well your PC can run the Trials Fusion System Requirements here, where you can check benchmarking and performance from other users.

Were you expecting the system requirements for Trials Fusion to be anywhere near this high?

Let us know!

BTW, those infos were released like a week too late compared to the 19,99$ preorder kick-off on Ubisoft Website.
It's ethically questionnable, especially now that we know how weirdly high they are.

My laptop has the following specs :

Model : HP Envy TS 15 Notebook
CPU : Intel Core I-7 4700MQ
GPU : Geforce GT740M
Integrated Graphic Card : Intel HD Graphics 4600
Ram : 16 GB of Ram

It can run with 60fps sec or more titles like Dark Souls, Tomb Raider , Bioshock, Lord of Shadows, Far Cry 3, SF4 etc....

It was bought 3 months ago for almost 1000$, with the perspective of being confortable when Fusion will come out.
Yes, Fusion, a game that is announced on an 8 years old Xbox 360, 8 years old !!!

But apparently I would fail the minimum requirements ?

To quote the article one more time :

First and foremost those GPU requirements. The GeForce GTX 460 and Radeon HD 5850 easily rank up there as one of the highest minimum system requirements we've ever had, hitting 8 out of 10 on the Game-Debate GPU Hardware Scale

Titanfall mimum grahic card requirements on game-debate ranks 6/10, and Fusion would be 8/10 ????
Is it normal that a laptop can run Titanfall (an iconic next-gen AAA game) with no problem and not have a chance at Fusion ?

Will I be doomed to play the likes of Dark Souls 2 high setting, Tomb Raider high settings, Crysis 3, Titanfall etc... on my laptop and just feel like a homeless person who found a virtual boy in a dumpster when it comes to Trials Fusion ?

Waiting for an answer that will explain that non-sense...
I don't want to believe that this 1000$ + 19,99$ investment was all for nothing due to some never-seen before BS lazy optimization.

Crossing my fingers that those specs are only for the first beta build and that some optimization is coming up to put those figures to a more decent scale.
Otherwise, it makes no sense

Thanks to whoever will look into that matter

FR_Dam143
03-27-2014, 05:49 AM
I've got to say : that whole Fusion experience has been a nightmare for me so far, I hope there are better days coming up :(
I'm usually not a ranting b*tch like I've been on those forums recently, but why does Trials games on PC have to be those prematured and seemingly unoptimized products ? If you can't make Trials on PC, don't make it at all, it will save a lot of us some money and trouble

I know it's just a beta though, so until I hear from one of the dev, I will keep my mouth shut and try to remain optimist :nonchalance:

sebastianaalton
03-27-2014, 09:51 AM
We measure minimum configurations differently than others. We are more strict than other developers. In our case the minimum configuration is able to run the game smoothly at constant 60 fps. Other developers usually put minimum configuration at somewhere around 30 fps mark.

Our minimum configuration GPU (Radeon 5850) runs Trials Fusion and Titanfall at similar frame rate (both are running roughly at 60 fps). Titanfall drops slightly more frames according to the analysis results I found around the net.

According to 3d-mark database, your GPU, Geforce GT 740M provides around half the performance of a gaming laptop (in 3d-mark database). It matches performance level of year 2008 high end PC GPUs (Radeon 4850). Unfortunately this GPU is not enough to run Trials Fusion at 60 fps. If you lower the resolution and settings levels to minimum, the game might become playable.

Fridays' patch includes some GPU optimizations and fixes setting screen problems ("low" settings weren't working previously). Hopefully these improvements will make the game run better on your computer.

TheeDesecrator
03-27-2014, 10:21 AM
Fridays' patch includes some GPU optimizations and fixes setting screen problems ("low" settings weren't working previously). Hopefully these improvements will make the game run better on your computer.

Cool, I bet this will be enough to make it pretty smooth for me, granted, it won't look as pretty (and never expected it to). I'm running a year old $400 laptop with a Radeon HD 7640G and an A8-4500M. By dropping the resolution down to 800x680 (I think that's what it was) I was able to get it fairly close to normal speed. So one second in-game is maybe 1.25 seconds real life. Totally playable and I've had quite a bit of fun with it.

I actually mostly pre-ordered to play a month early anyway (plus Track Central if it is not cross-platform). My primary system will be the PS4.

Toboe
03-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Titanfall mimum grahic card requirements on game-debate ranks 6/10, and Fusion would be 8/10 ????
Is it normal that a laptop can run Titanfall (an iconic next-gen AAA game) with no problem and not have a chance at Fusion ?

You question was already answered. However I just wanted to say the titanfall is actually running on an older engine, source engine to be exact, and isn't super high on the graphics scale of things.

N1.TeaCheR
03-27-2014, 11:03 AM
Model : HP Envy TS 15 Notebook
CPU : Intel Core I-7 4700MQ
GPU : Geforce GT740M
Integrated Graphic Card : Intel HD Graphics 4600
Ram : 16 GB of Ram

If you have big problems the red card might be selected to run the game which is not supported , if the problem is small it will probably be fixed soon-ish .

Just speculating sorry if I'm was not of any help :( ( disable SLI if you got it might help also ) and don't worry your Notebook will run it perfectly eventually , besides lots of games had , have problems with Integrated Graphic Card : Intel HD Graphics like Diablo 3 and others .

FR_Dam143
03-27-2014, 11:53 AM
If you have big problems the red card might be selected to run the game which is not supported , if the problem is small it will probably be fixed soon-ish .

Just speculating sorry if I'm was not of any help :( ( disable SLI if you got it might help also ) and don't worry your Notebook will run it perfectly eventually , besides lots of games had , have problems with Integrated Graphic Card : Intel HD Graphics like Diablo 3 and others .

Any message always feel helpful :)

I m already under the category of people that can't play the game at the moment because of textures not loading with the Optimus technology and the HD Intel + Nvidia Mobile Card setup.

Browsing the forums last night and seeing those minimum requirements that make my expensive new laptop be outdated was too much to handle for my blood pressure :D

I don't like writing messages like the initial one in this topic, its too agressive when i read it again.

Sorry for that, but thanks to Seb once again for his prompt reply!

Unfortunately, Friday patch won't change anything for me until the Optimus issue is resolved but its good to know the game is improving anyway!

I understand what you're saying too : with the necessity to be at 60 FPS come higher requirements than most games, it does make sense.

I'm not a graphic wh*re, its all about gameplay for me, so as long as the game can run fluently, it might look like a PS1 game for all I care

Why is my Geforce Card so weak ? The HP laptop has been bought 3 months ago for more than 900$ and the graphic card was one of my main concern, i was not expecting that at all, ****. I feel like I fell into a scam. Looks like I have way too much ram, a pretty awesome processor but a ****ty dedicated card that ruins it all :(

Ulvens's description of his setup that seems way below mine and his experience of already almost being able to run the game at 1sec=1sec makes me optimist though. If you could let us know this week end how it goes for you after the first patch is there, that'd be awesome!

Edit >> After comparing Ulven's graphic card with mine, turns out they are pretty much identical when it comes to peformance... Making me feel more scammed in the sense that I would not expect a graphic card from a 400$ and 1 year old laptop to match with my few months old 900$ laptop card! That's weird, the price difference is proably processor and ram but still, was a poorly balanced product I decided to spend 900$ for :(

Out of curiosity Ulvens, what brand/model is your laptop ?

I really bought that laptop anticipating Fusion coming out, I hope it will somehow work out at 60 fps at lowest settings and every optional filter off.

don't worry your Notebook will run it perfectly eventually

May the gods of Trials hear you!

Thank you all for the messages, really :)

sebastianaalton
03-27-2014, 01:51 PM
GOOD NEWS!

I finally got my hands on a laptop with Optimus technology: i7 CPU + Geforce 650M + Intel HD4000 graphics.

My Geforce 650M is approximately as fast as your Geforce 740M (http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GT-740M-vs-GeForce-GT-650M). So this configuration matches yours pretty closely.

The game runs bad, because Optimus selects the integrated Intel graphics chip by default. You need to do the following to fix this problem:
1. Right click on desktop background. Select "NVIDIA Control Panel"
2. Open "3D Settings" -> "Manage 3D settings"
3. Open Global Settings tab, and select: "Preferred graphics processor". Choose "High-performance NVIDIA processor".

Now the game will use the Geforce GPU instead of the integrated Intel GPU. I have confirmed this on my laptop. DirectX graphics device enumeration finds an "NVIDIA GeForce 650M" adapter instead of "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000" adapter.

With the patched version (wait for Friday) you should select 1280x720 resolution and low graphics settings. I have played (the patched build) with these settings on my Geforce 650M and the game runs smoothly at 60 fps on majority of the levels. It's runs much better than I expected (the patch seems to have improved things nicely). I played more tracks than I planned, because it was running so well :). The graphics quality with these settings is between Xbox 360 and next gen console versions.

Locks04
03-27-2014, 02:50 PM
Unfortunately it's not working for me :(

The only way I found to play the game is to play on an external screen.

sebastianaalton
03-27-2014, 03:42 PM
We have found a code fix for the Nvidia Optimus issue (Geforce + Intel integrated). Now the game always selects the Geforce GPU. This fix will be integrated to Friday's patch or the next one. I will keep you informed.

TheeDesecrator
03-28-2014, 10:20 AM
Out of curiosity Ulvens, what brand/model is your laptop ?

HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PC.

EDIT: <--- Ulvens on Uplay. Just changed my profile to reflect the old RL forum.

TheeDesecrator
03-29-2014, 06:35 AM
Hey FR_Dam, is it running any better for you with the patch? Low settings now work. I've played a bit and it seems perfect speed on the lowest settings most of the time for me. I do now get slow-down when things get a bit complex, but for the most part it seems 1:1 now.

FR_Dam143
03-29-2014, 07:50 PM
Thanks Seb for the good news message, it's quite a relief to read that I wont miss on the next gen game of my favorite series :D

Appreciate the promptness to identify and deal with the Optimus issue too, even though the fix was probably left out from the first patch as reported by everyone else. Still :)

TheeDesecrator, it's good to hear that you reached that 1:1 speedrate that is essential to enjoy that game !!
I wish I could give you my own feedback as well..
Unfortunately I still can't because of the Nvidia Mobile Card/ Optimus technology issue.
Game Won't load the textures and wont use the good graphic card, only the desktop one, so it's unplayable yet

Enjoy!
I Should be able to say the same soon :D

TheeDesecrator
03-31-2014, 11:07 AM
TheeDesecrator, it's good to hear that you reached that 1:1 speedrate that is essential to enjoy that game !!

I spoke too soon (not to mention being drunk when doing my evaluation), but it is a lot better most of the time.

UbiJustin
04-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Sebastian has been in here addressing the Minimum requirements, so I won't touch on that because he is more knowledgeable on that than I am.

I will say that we are constantly making improvements to the Beta and hope to make sure you have a more enjoyable experience than the one you've been having.

BTW, those infos were released like a week too late compared to the 19,99$ preorder kick-off on Ubisoft Website.
It's ethically questionnable, especially now that we know how weirdly high they are.

However, I will address the above quote. We announced the PC pre-order information and PC Beta on March 20th/21st, and we posted the Minimum Requirements here (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=2010&productid=4293&faqid=kA030000000ee4XCAQ) on March 19th.