PDA

View Full Version : Control Placement and Radius of Controls

xzamplez
03-26-2014, 10:18 PM
When playing Frontier, I can't help but feel that this was mainly tested on the iPad. On the iPhone, the controls are cramped, and very small. I find my thumb landing right next to the accelerate/lean buttons constantly.

I play other many other speed running games on iOS, and they give players more control flexibility to avoid problems like this.

1. Allow the player to move the placement of the buttons in the options menu.
2. Increase the activation radius of each button. The radius of activation does not have to be the exact size of the virtual button. This would be a massive improvement to those of us with larger hands.

Both of these options would be ideal for everyone, because not everyone holds the phone the same/has the same size hands.

REDL1NKup
03-27-2014, 12:26 AM
When playing Frontier, I can't help but feel that this was mainly tested on the iPad. On the iPhone, the controls are cramped, and very small. I find my thumb landing right next to the accelerate/lean buttons constantly.

I play other many other speed running games on iOS, and they give players more control flexibility to avoid problems like this.

1. Allow the player to move the placement of the buttons in the options menu.
2. Increase the activation radius of each button. The radius of activation does not have to be the exact size of the virtual button. This would be a massive improvement to those of us with larger hands.

Both of these options would be ideal for everyone, because not everyone holds the phone the same/has the same size hands.

Thanks for making me feel like I have girly sized hands cause the placement works perfect for me:p

xzamplez
03-27-2014, 01:38 AM
Thanks for making me feel like I have girly sized hands cause the placement works perfect for me:pEven if it does, you can't argue that this being implemented could only have a positive impact on the game.

xitooner
03-27-2014, 02:16 AM
I play on Ipad, and its been fine for me most of the time. . .only a few problems. . . but if I had the option to resize/replace buttons, and have larger radius for touch as well.... I dont think I would have had ANY problems.

I simply dont play these games on iPhones. . .the screen is too small. I realize some dont have that luxury. . but once you do, you dont put yourselves through that pain. :)

MaTiSpOrT
03-27-2014, 10:28 AM
I requested this long time ago... hope to see this option implemented!! my fingers are too big to play on my Iphone...

StegoIII
03-28-2014, 02:47 AM
I feel like this problem only got worse after the last update. But it might just be me,