PDA

View Full Version : First update from the Dev Team!

Xhane
03-26-2014, 10:13 PM
Hi Bikers,

We think you’d appreciate some visibility on what’s happening on our side, so here we go.

Before going through the list of known issues, we would like to stress that our goal from the beginning is to continue to support and grow Trials Fusion for the long term, including free feature updates, our previously announced six DLCs , with a continuous flow of new content and improvements. We’re working hard to solve all the issues as quickly as possible, and for that your participation is highly appreciated. Your reports from this weekend have already made a difference.

Also, please remember this is a beta and the goal is to identify and solve major issues before launch. The engine and game both underwent a major refactoring to include new platforms and support the biggest and most ambitious Trials we’ve ever done.

According to the feedback and the data we have collected it seems that most of you are enjoying the game a lot. We enjoy it too.

We have created a thread called “Known issues (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/863787-Known-Issues-Read-this-first!)” that will list all the issues and give the latest information for each one. We’ll update this thread continuously.
This way, we will give you as much visibility as possible as we address your feedback.

We’ll address the technical issues in the remainder of this post. We’ll do another post for questions about the design.
This list is not exhaustive but will give information on the most frequent issues you reported.

“Most of the replays are broken.”
We found the problem and the situation will be much better after Friday. We still found some glitches, but they now occur less than 0.5% of the time. We will keep chasing those last ones.

“ Scores on the global leaderboard don’t make any sense.”
We fixed one problem but we still need extra testing to know if it covers all the issues or not. This is our main focus. We aim to have the problem fixed for Friday’s update.

“Sometimes, the backwheel is rotating on the wrong axis.”
“The front tire glitch is back.”
We're investigating the issue to see if it can be fixed. We’ll update you about it with our findings. Please do not hesitate to tell us how often it happens and if it occurs more often in some specific context.

“When we restart the track, the countdown may be triggered entirely ‘Ready, 3, 2, 1, GO!’”
It will be fixed on Friday’s update.

“Graphics aren’t working on laptops with Nvidia Optimus switchable discrete/integrated graphics.”
Please look at Sebbi’s answer (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/863115-My-graphics-are-messed-up?p=9887855&viewfull=1#post9887855) on the forum.

“The SLI/Crossfire configurations work really slowly, disabling it solves the issue.”
We’re in touch with NVidia and AMD about it. We’re going to proceed as for Trials Evolution Gold Edition by disabling it automatically. However, it’s not something we can do on our side, so we’re depending on their support.

“In any resolution, the game forces a 16:9 aspect ratio with black borders on the top and the bottom.”
We investigated and found several different issues behind this. Some of them will be fixed in Friday’s patch, others later. We’ll keep you updated.

“FX ruin the game in Eyefinity/Surround”.
“Problem with ultra wide sceen”.
Thanks for all the screenshots, we’re going to investigate and get back to you.

“Game seems sluggish when FPS dropped, it was not happening in the previous games.”
The game engine had a big refactoring since Trials Evolution Gold Edition which explains the difference in behavior. However, we know how to solve the issue, and a ix is coming soon. We’ll update you once we have a more precise idea of this date.

“We need more graphic options.”
Yes, that’s definitely in our plans. Hopefully soon, but in the worst case in time for launch.

“Different framerate issues, especially in Deep Freeze.”
We did several optimizations (up to 10% improvement) and we fixed some problems with the graphic options menu where the settings where not correctly applied. That should help and you should see a difference with Friday’s patch. We’ll keep working on optimizations.

“When in windowed mode, after losing focus on the window, you cannot move or minimize the window without right clicking on the titlebar.”
It should be fixed for Friday’s update.

“When looking at challenges multiple times from the track selection screen the text color for some completed challenges will change from white to green.”
We’re going to investigate it, but it’s a low priority as the impact is minor. Thanks for the report.

“When highlighting a track with no challenges like the Training Program or a Skillgame, you can still press X (or CTRL) and hear the selection sound.”
We’re going to investigate it, but it’s a low priority as the impact is minor. Thanks for the report.

“The mouse cursor is visible when I use the gamepad.”
Yes, we’ll fix this soon.

“Sometimes, the buttons feedback switch back to keyboard/mouse type even if I just use my controller.”
We observed this behavior and we’re not quite sure why it’s happening. We’ll keep investigating even if only a small portion of players seem to be impacted. In the worst case, we’ll include an option to disable the auto-switch.

“The challenges don’t always register correctly.”
We need to investigate it, please do not hesitate to share if you find some easy way to reproduce this kind of issue.

“The loading times are too long at the moment.”
We’ll see how it can be optimized, but at the moment our focus is on solving issues that are preventing people from playing.

“In the Main Menu, pressing X (or CTRL) to close the scrolling text bar will bring out the notifications page.”
The X (or CTRL) button next to the scrolling text bar is intended to open the Notification Center in the Ride hub of the game. Press B (or ESC) two times to get back to the main menu.

Thank you,

MickaŽl Godard, PC Producer

Zzzlol94
03-27-2014, 01:31 AM
I love it when we get these messages during a beta from the devs. It increases my motivation of trying to break the game.

Keep it up, and I will keep it up too.

N1.TeaCheR
03-27-2014, 05:41 AM
Hi Bikers,

We think you’d appreciate some visibility on what’s happening on our side, so here we go.

Before going through the list of known issues, we would like to stress that our goal from the beginning is to continue to support and grow Trials Fusion for the long term, including free feature updates, our previously announced six DLCs , with a continuous flow of new content and improvements. We’re working hard to solve all the issues as quickly as possible, and for that your participation is highly appreciated. Your reports from this weekend have already made a difference.

Also, please remember this is a beta and the goal is to identify and solve major issues before launch. The engine and game both underwent a major refactoring to include new platforms and support the biggest and most ambitious Trials we’ve ever done.

According to the feedback and the data we have collected it seems that most of you are enjoying the game a lot. We enjoy it too.

We have created a thread called “Known issues (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/863787-Known-Issues-Read-this-first!)” that will list all the issues and give the latest information for each one. We’ll update this thread continuously.
This way, we will give you as much visibility as possible as we address your feedback.

We’ll address the technical issues in the remainder of this post. We’ll do another post for questions about the design.
This list is not exhaustive but will give information on the most frequent issues you reported.

“Most of the replays are broken.”
We found the problem and the situation will be much better after Friday. We still found some glitches, but they now occur less than 0.5% of the time. We will keep chasing those last ones.

“ Scores on the global leaderboard don’t make any sense.”
We fixed one problem but we still need extra testing to know if it covers all the issues or not. This is our main focus. We aim to have the problem fixed for Friday’s update.

“Sometimes, the backwheel is rotating on the wrong axis.”
“The front tire glitch is back.”
We're investigating the issue to see if it can be fixed. We’ll update you about it with our findings. Please do not hesitate to tell us how often it happens and if it occurs more often in some specific context.

“When we restart the track, the countdown may be triggered entirely ‘Ready, 3, 2, 1, GO!’”
It will be fixed on Friday’s update.

“Graphics aren’t working on laptops with Nvidia Optimus switchable discrete/integrated graphics.”
Please look at Sebbi’s answer (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/863115-My-graphics-are-messed-up?p=9887855&viewfull=1#post9887855) on the forum.

“The SLI/Crossfire configurations work really slowly, disabling it solves the issue.”
We’re in touch with NVidia and AMD about it. We’re going to proceed as for Trials Evolution Gold Edition by disabling it automatically. However, it’s not something we can do on our side, so we’re depending on their support.

“In any resolution, the game forces a 16:9 aspect ratio with black borders on the top and the bottom.”
We investigated and found several different issues behind this. Some of them will be fixed in Friday’s patch, others later. We’ll keep you updated.

“FX ruin the game in Eyefinity/Surround”.
“Problem with ultra wide sceen”.
Thanks for all the screenshots, we’re going to investigate and get back to you.

“Game seems sluggish when FPS dropped, it was not happening in the previous games.”
The game engine had a big refactoring since Trials Evolution Gold Edition which explains the difference in behavior. However, we know how to solve the issue, and a ix is coming soon. We’ll update you once we have a more precise idea of this date.

“We need more graphic options.”
Yes, that’s definitely in our plans. Hopefully soon, but in the worst case in time for launch.

“Different framerate issues, especially in Deep Freeze.”
We did several optimizations (up to 10% improvement) and we fixed some problems with the graphic options menu where the settings where not correctly applied. That should help and you should see a difference with Friday’s patch. We’ll keep working on optimizations.

“When in windowed mode, after losing focus on the window, you cannot move or minimize the window without right clicking on the titlebar.”
It should be fixed for Friday’s update.

“When looking at challenges multiple times from the track selection screen the text color for some completed challenges will change from white to green.”

“When highlighting a track with no challenges like the Training Program or a Skillgame, you can still press X (or CTRL) and hear the selection sound.”

“The mouse cursor is visible when I use the gamepad.”
Yes, we’ll fix this soon.

“Sometimes, the buttons feedback switch back to keyboard/mouse type even if I just use my controller.”
We observed this behavior and we’re not quite sure why it’s happening. We’ll keep investigating even if only a small portion of players seem to be impacted. In the worst case, we’ll include an option to disable the auto-switch.

“The challenges don’t always register correctly.”
We need to investigate it, please do not hesitate to share if you find some easy way to reproduce this kind of issue.

“The loading times are too long at the moment.”
We’ll see how it can be optimized, but at the moment our focus is on solving issues that are preventing people from playing.

“In the Main Menu, pressing X (or CTRL) to close the scrolling text bar will bring out the notifications page.”
Yes that’s true but we’ll leave like that for now as it’s not a big problem and not that easy to fix.

Thank you,

MickaŽl Godard, PC Producer

I like what this guys saying , I feel informed :D
If what he says gets done sooner or at least later , then the future is bright , not to mention a GJ from me :D

qbicfeet
03-27-2014, 09:51 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated. Unlike TE:GE, it seems like you really want to bring us PC gamers a solid build this time :)

I reposted (http://steamcommunity.com/app/245490/discussions/0/558751812723888087/) this on the Trials Fusion Steam Forums for those who don't check out these forums, hope you don't mind ;)

Toboe
03-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Thank you, it's nice to see these posted and know it's all being worked on.

OstracizedGamer
03-28-2014, 02:56 AM
Glad to hear these are coming soon! I want to rage on some Trials Fusion and not for the technical issues.

iStriide
03-28-2014, 08:16 AM
Tell the Dev team these two words, "Tire Glitches." That's all for now. Thanks for your cooperation.

Zurgery
03-28-2014, 02:17 PM
What time will be this update?

Ch4er0n
03-28-2014, 07:52 PM
Tell the Dev team these two words, "Tire Glitches." That's all for now. Thanks for your cooperation.

agreed, the tire glitches are brutal. to see what i mean, hit the last ramp on observatory at speed (the one where you can go on top of the shelter overhang thing). you lose soooo much momentum frequently.

also, i would still like to be able to load replays directly from the menu screen in a track, without having to back out of a track, then pull up leaderboards, then watch the replay.

Th0mas9
04-04-2014, 09:55 PM
I already mentioned it in the Feedback Thread but i guess you didnt see it.

Keyboard replays doesnt show the break key (bottom arrow), when its pressed.

Maka91
04-17-2014, 04:23 AM
Please fix the global overall single player leaderboard!

I have 200/212 medals, but my leaderboard score is stuck around 5,000,000. It should be 11,000,000+!

BenShermanUbi
04-17-2014, 10:53 AM
Please fix the global overall single player leaderboard!

I have 200/212 medals, but my leaderboard score is stuck around 5,000,000. It should be 11,000,000+!

Hi,

First we would like to know on which platform you have encountered this issue?
You can't achieve such amount of medals on PC Beta :)