PDA

View Full Version : Framerate issue?

Kamikazee_Ninja
03-25-2014, 06:26 PM
I've been a huge fan of of the Trials series, and own Trials HD and Evo on the good 'ol Xbox.

I'm more of a PC gamer these days so I picked this up on Steam today, and it seems to run very badly. I'm quite disappointed actually. Now, considering my PC runs BF4, Crysis 3, Metro Last Light etc. on Ultra no problems, I didn't expect there to be massive slowdown on this title...

Is this just because it's not fully optimized yet as it's early access? I'm hoping this is the case.

A little reassurance would be nice though, I'm new around here so not sure if this has come up before. The framerate problems are a big deal on a game all about timing and control surely?

Apologies if this has been answered already but as I say I'm new here, be gentle!

Thanks,

KN

RetiredRonin
03-25-2014, 07:25 PM
Hello, I moved your thread to the correct area... I think. :D

Kamikazee_Ninja
03-25-2014, 08:15 PM
Thankyou sir!

RetiredRonin
03-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Hey Kamikazee, would it be possible to get the hardware specs for your PC? This type of information is invaluable to the dev team, especially during the beta.

FR_Dam143
03-25-2014, 09:37 PM
Shifty, anychance to have one of you guys post in this topic before the next eclipse ?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/863115-My-graphics-are-messed-up

Lot of people who need help there !

Kamikazee_Ninja
03-25-2014, 10:46 PM
Hey Kamikazee, would it be possible to get the hardware specs for your PC? This type of information is invaluable to the dev team, especially during the beta.

Sure, here you go;

CPU: Intel Core i7-2700K 3.5GHz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 650Ti BOOST 2GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
PSU: Corsair CX600
MOBO: Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3.0
CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo
HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB

Any other questions, feel free to ask, I want to help fix this for me and others who seem to be having this problem before the full launch!

TheeDesecrator
03-26-2014, 10:26 AM
I wasn't expecting this to run on the highest quality, but really, it's not we need a rig to run Crysis 3 to play this. I did manage to get it much closer to a normal speed by lowering the resolution, though. Below are my specs:

AMD A8-4500M 1.9GHz (2.8GHz Turbo Boost, I believe)
8GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7640G (4GB)

sebastianaalton
03-26-2014, 04:35 PM
Sure, here you go;

CPU: Intel Core i7-2700K 3.5GHz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 650Ti BOOST 2GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
PSU: Corsair CX600
MOBO: Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3.0
CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo
HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB

Any other questions, feel free to ask, I want to help fix this for me and others who seem to be having this problem before the full launch!
GTX 650ti should be enough to run the game at stable 60 fps. What resolution and graphics quality settings are you using? Does the problem go away if you decrease the resolution or settings?

Dr4gOnsFuRy
03-27-2014, 02:16 AM
I'm geting some issues with framerate too. When I put the counter on it shows 60fps, some points in the map it will drop down to below 30fps and lag quite badly making it unridable. I set the resolution to 1980x1080 everything on high, should run it fun but can't. I dropped some of the settings to medium/low, still got a bit of framerate issue. When I set the resolution to 1280x720 it seems a little better but I'd rather run it at 1080p because I get black borders on 720p.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965BE 3.4GHz
GPU: 2GB AMD Radeon HD 7850
RAM: 4GB
MOBO: Gigabyte GA 78LMT-USB3
Windows 7 Ultimate.

sebastianaalton
04-05-2014, 09:21 AM
The frame rate has been improved a lot in the last two patches. Anyone still having FPS issues, or should I mark this thread [SOLVED]?

damassacre
04-05-2014, 09:49 PM
The frame rate has been improved a lot in the last two patches. Anyone still having FPS issues, or should I mark this thread [SOLVED]?

The optimizations are good and welcome but the core problem of the bike speed being tied to the FPS is still NOT fixed. This makes even slight FPS drops VERY noticeable.

ZeroNorthEast
04-08-2014, 12:34 AM

Might be premature given that there are still FPS issues in certain cases, specifically the one I've been posting about here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/864905-FPS-Drops-in-0-9-1) that still exists as of the 0.9.2 patch.

TeriXeri
04-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Edit:

First bit of testing after I just removed my AMD beta drivers, and went back to release (13.12) , game feels far less stuttery on most tracks even at 1080 high settings.

AMD HD 5870

Settings Tested at :
1920x1080
Windowed - off
Vsync - on
Anti-Aliasing - on
Shadow Quality - High
Enviroment Quality - Low/Mid/High

Game is still very playable now but just posting differences between enviroment settings none of the fps drops go below 55 or last long except for the snow tracks which are more repeating.

Tracks with the most noticeable fps drops at High Enviroment settings + areas:
- Turbine Terror: When first going outside, the first big jump
- Water Works: The first rock ramp at the start when entering the Dam area
- Cliffhanger: First part of the track mainly, before the River canyon jump.
- Balancing Act: At early part of track going towards the first river crossing.
- Ski or Ride: Various parts of the track, might be because of the snow particles
- Deep Freeze: Various parts of the track, might be because of the snow particles
- Peak Performance: Mainly the first half of track, during snow particles
- Park and Ride: Various fps drop areas, still some at medium as well best on Low.

Generally all tracks so far run great on Low without too much loss of detail so I can enjoy the game at 1080 pretty much.

Medium works well for the most part as well, slightly more minor fps drop areas but still not many as on High.

Zurgery
04-08-2014, 10:04 PM

Mine aren't showing at all.

kesmolato
04-17-2014, 08:36 PM

i get 20 fps on low 1080p.....

i5-2500K
GTX770
8gb
ssd

Xhane
04-18-2014, 05:40 PM
Thanks for your extra reports. We'll look into it.