PDA

View Full Version : New player doubt: which expansion should i focus on?

Tholkor
03-24-2014, 10:44 AM
First of all, i apologize if this is not the appropriate place to post my question.

As a new player, i'm having problems discerning which expansions i should buy.
My main objective is to improve my Haven deck, and i am currently going in a Cassandra/fortunes direction, consequence of some fortunes i got from my early packs.
My second concern is that since i am saving up money and seals for Base Set 2(i have barely bought any packs, probably 2 reinforcement and 2 forgotten wars), i still don't know how should i focus my spendings after Base Set 2, or even if i sho uld buy some right now?
As an extra piece of information i intend to aim for Academy as a second faction in a medium or long term.

Thank you for your time

valrond1
03-25-2014, 03:38 PM
If you just started, then it's better to save your gold and seals for BS2 and its expansions, and, in time, if you have enough cards from BS2 and HoN, you can then started buying some open packs and start playing open.
To play standard, forget about ANYTHING that it is out now, you'll get a lot more cards you can use after BS2 and HoN are out.
Yo play open with Academy, you'll need a lot of packs (or boxes) from Forgotten Wars, as it is the expansion that introduced it and most Academy cards are there.

sir_z
03-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Once BS2 comes out, you'll want to focus on buying BS2 cards. They'll be in their own packs once the patch is out.

We don't know what's in HoN yet so can't tell you whether it will be better to rush and buy those, but its the only expansion that will be playable in standard, so it's the only other one you need to consider.

Tholkor
03-27-2014, 09:10 PM
Thank you for your feedback :) it seems after the whole changes to DoC economy, it was a good decision to save up my seals and money