PDA

View Full Version : Fusion Riddle - Let the fun begin!

psycad
03-23-2014, 12:50 AM
There's no appropriate forum for this right now, so I've made a general thread, mods feel free to move this if need be.

At the end of the game credits, you can find :

"2012-2031: A massive research station was built near the Beacon to study the ... END OF TRANSMISSION. ujnsu2l fk3.. tweuy4ogy, and q4hdkly gm3u in24 1 8fnor 6lvy on a lush 93nghn4ul1 NO CLEAR DATA. ... world agrees that a massive, Manhattan-style project to determine what the Beacon was and what its ... END OF TRANSMISSION"

Master decrypters, on your mark, get set, Go!

UbiJustin
03-23-2014, 03:21 AM
mods feel free to move this if need be.

You're good here. When the game goes live we will take the appropriate actions to preserve threads like this when Beta is no longer active.

:D Enjoy the hunt...

psycad
04-09-2014, 07:14 PM
I finally noticed something.. In the track Waterworks there are these big water tanks with numbers on them..

1.36.4 / 1.43.5 / 2.44.5 / 2.75.3 / 3.81.5

I think those refer to Thucydides and/or Herodotus,. But I could be wrong..

Cavalieris
04-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Hi guys, I've been playing the 360 version and when you unlock the Trials Thropy and watch the credits there is what I belive to be morse code at lest twice during the credits. Haven't the faintest clue to what it says, but someone more patient than me can prob find out :)

mtomato_
04-17-2014, 07:02 PM
Here's the whole thing from the end of the credits:

Transmission encrypted:

1 million years ago: A long time before recorded history an insignificant interstellar object -- mostly rock and ice -- passes
through the Kuiper Belt from deep space and enters the Solar System.

2020, March: An anomalous comet was detected hurtling towards Earth. It caused an uproar in the scientific community
because of its high speed and its bizarre point of origin: the rings of Saturn. Scientists speculated it was a large piece of the
rings ejected by a random arrangement of the moons that perturbed the gravity of the rings. They named it Moros, the
Greek God of Doom and estimated it would miss Earth by only 100,000 kilometers.

2020, April 18: The Mars Mission `Darwin´ approached the Moros Anomaly. The deep space ship of course had no weapons
but it examined the comet with its scientific instrumentation... END OF CLEAR TRANSMISSION. NO DATA.

2020, May 12: The shell of the Moros Anomaly impacted Antarctica, accelerating global warming trends aand precipitating
catastrophic flooding. The program... END OF TRANSMISSION

After the impact, Antarctica embarked on a period of unprecedented, almost inexplicable warming and greening, even as
many other coastal regions were flooded and evacuated.

2021-2031: A massive research station was built near the Beacon to study the ... END OF TRANSMISSION. ujnsu2l fk3..
tweuy4ogy, and q4hdkly gm3u in24 1 8fnor 6lvy on a lush 93nghn4ul1 NO CLEAR DATA.
... world agreed that a massive, Manhattan-style project to determine what the Beacon was and what its ... END OF
TRANSMISSION

2042 .. NO DATA (I hope I didn't make a typo)

"ujnsu2l fk3.. tweuy4ogy, and q4hdkly gm3u in24 1 8fnor 6lvy on a lush 93nghn4ul1"

I think that to make sense of it, you'll need to replace the wrong characters with the correct ones.

It's just a guess, but...

ujnsu2l fk3
unusual fog

tweuy4ogy
?

q4hdkly gm3u in24 1 8fnor
quickly gone into a minor

6lvy
?

93nghn4ul1
shares the number of letters with rainforest, which fits with the description lush, but none of the letters match

Maybe there's a foggy place in the game world, that you can search by using the track editor?

The_McCheshire
04-21-2014, 09:38 AM
Sorry guys, after this thread was created, I knew nothing of it because I had no need to check in the PC beta forum.
If I had of seen this, I wouldn't have created another Easter egg thread :(

here is a little more information on the matter however. During the first time you witness the end game credits, Morse code can be heard in the background. It has since been discovered that the code has been translated to read "Set the Spectrum display to a Logarithmic Scale", whatever that means :P