PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity Multiplayer

qubal
03-22-2014, 10:57 AM
As some of you may or not know, the teaser trailer for AC unity was released and I just wanted your opinions on what you think the multiplayer is going to be like,Playable or Unplayable? By Unplayable I mean something like AC4 constant disconnecting problems. -_-

Here is the Teaser ;) the graphics look awesome in my opinion :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SQng7EkJHOI

Kirokill
03-22-2014, 11:18 AM
I honestly don't know, with the confirmed rumor about AC unity there might be the new coop mode. I'm not voting yet, Damien in my view is very untrustable.

ShadowSolaris7
03-22-2014, 12:17 PM
I hope they keep the same old multiplayer but also add this new co-op mode (if it's true), anyway i can totally see Notre Dame plaza as a multiplayer map, something like the Rome map with a guillotine at the front of the church.

TET63
03-22-2014, 07:51 PM
I'm honestly just not sure. If Unity is next gen only then there's a scary image in my head of 2 new games making 2 new multiplayers. Considering how "polished" AC4 was I'm kinda scared that both new games' MP will be awful due to lack of time invested. I'm just gonna wait for more info

phoenix-force411
03-22-2014, 09:19 PM
The MP's getting pretty old, they have to change things up dramatically to keep me interested. The whole cat & mouse idea just isn't really all that fun anymore. Yes, it's what got AC MP popular, but please, fix the contract system. After 3 games, it was never fixed. I'm not having any high hopes for the MP.

qubal
03-22-2014, 09:48 PM
I'm probably going to wait for some more info or gameplay like other people. :p Also, I really hope it's not going to be two different games, next gen and current gen because 1.I would find it weird people having a different game from me and 2. They can barely make one game in a year how are Ubisoft going to cope with making two games at the same time, In my opnion that's what made AC4MP Unplayable, the fact that it was probably rushed to the market and not fully tested. :nonchalance:

Kirokill
03-23-2014, 03:36 AM
I'm probably going to wait for some more info or gameplay like other people. :p Also, I really hope it's not going to be two different games, next gen and current gen because 1.I would find it weird people having a different game from me and 2. They can barely make one game in a year how are Ubisoft going to cope with making two games at the same time, In my opnion that's what made AC4MP Unplayable, the fact that it was probably rushed to the market and not fully tested. :nonchalance:

They worked for unity for 3 years, already working for AC6, and planning for AC7.
That's the way for singleplayer, don't know about the multiplayer.

qubal
03-23-2014, 01:47 PM
They worked for unity for 3 years, already working for AC6, and planning for AC7.
That's the way for singleplayer, don't know about the multiplayer.

WOW :D I guess they leave multiplayer till last :p

Jailwhale
03-25-2014, 05:18 PM
IF the next game uses peer2peer nothing will change.
They need to start using servers instead of this fail peer2peer ****.
Its harder to get into a game then win one.

Localist2012
03-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Of course it's going to be playable.

The bigger question is, will there even be multiplayer? There's the rumour that it'll just be co-op based (so wolfpack type only modes). Which will imo, get boring fast. I like to compete, human vs human.

GR_Thanasis
06-11-2014, 08:38 AM
Yeah Unity might not have a multiplayer mode because they want to focus on the co-op. At least that i heard. We don't know anything yet.

Hekateras
06-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Apparently they've decided to scrap the option to play as a female because that would've just been too much work and why do it when women don't even matter, amirite.

So no, definitely not playable for me. I'm a woman, it's not like I'm not used to playing as a dude because you often don't get another option and normally it wouldn't be a big deal - but this is Ubisoft, they've let us play as female assassins in Liberation and in ACB and ACR multiplayer. I refuse to have to put myself through it from the SAME studio that used to be better about this sort of thing.

Seriously, Ubisoft, not all of your demographic is scruffy dark-haired stubbly white dudes. It's time you started acknowledging that.

(I mean... seriously, I'm a woman, every single person I know well enough to potentially co-op with who's an AC fan are women too. So we'd just have to play as men because Ubisoft figures we don't exist so they needn't bother giving us characters who actually look like us, even a little? What the hell, Ubisoft. What the hell.)

Ureh
06-11-2014, 08:54 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-11-assassins-creed-unity-wont-let-you-play-as-a-female-assassin

Double the voices? So the co-op Assassins will be speaking!?

phoenix-force411
06-12-2014, 12:43 AM
Apparently they've decided to scrap the option to play as a female because that would've just been too much work and why do it when women don't even matter, amirite.

So no, definitely not playable for me. I'm a woman, it's not like I'm not used to playing as a dude because you often don't get another option and normally it wouldn't be a big deal - but this is Ubisoft, they've let us play as female assassins in Liberation and in ACB and ACR multiplayer. I refuse to have to put myself through it from the SAME studio that used to be better about this sort of thing.

Seriously, Ubisoft, not all of your demographic is scruffy dark-haired stubbly white dudes. It's time you started acknowledging that.

(I mean... seriously, I'm a woman, every single person I know well enough to potentially co-op with who's an AC fan are women too. So we'd just have to play as men because Ubisoft figures we don't exist so they needn't bother giving us characters who actually look like us, even a little? What the hell, Ubisoft. What the hell.)

Really? 'Cause I'm a guy who likes to play a female protagonist in a game if I could. I never really liked playing a guy in games where gender of the protagonist can be decided by the player.

Ureh
06-12-2014, 01:30 AM
Really? 'Cause I'm a guy who likes to play a female protagonist in a game if I could. I never really liked playing a guy in games where gender of the protagonist can be decided by the player.

Absolutely, most male personas are horrid. Just doesn't feel right.