PDA

View Full Version : Game seem sluggish

MADDOGMCVAY
03-21-2014, 08:24 PM
Having frame rate issues game plays sluggish...I5 4670k 3.5...8 gig 2400 ram...Gtx 650sc 1gig vram...ssd. Max settings on high vsync on 30 frames plays in near slow motion. Low settings vsync off frames yo yo from 30 to 40s. had to drop res to 1600 by 1024 and play low no vsync to get 55 frames plays smooth tho. Do I need better GPU ?

aondw
03-22-2014, 05:55 PM
I play on i3-3220 and HD 7870 with no problems, I don't know if the game is GPU heavy, but I think so, at least it's not CPU heavy.
Regardless of the problems, I would definitely upgrade the gpu.

The problem could be AA, as this is very vram heavy.

As the graphics options in fusion are kind of ****ty, I can't say which AA it uses.

Cavalieris
03-23-2014, 03:10 PM
Experienced drastic loss of fps in-game. Inside areas were at 10-15 fps and outside area at about 5 fps. In other words unplayable. I tried changing all possible graphics settings from the settings menu but nothing helped. Switched off SLI in the NVIDIA controlpanel and tried again. Worked perfectly. I can now run the game with graphics setting maxed out. Just thought I should share it if anyone else experiences the same.

System spec:
2x GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST
Windows 8.1 64-bit
AMD FX(tm)-8350 at 4Ghz
16384MB RAM
240GB SSD
DirectX 11

Camzarcar
03-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Experienced drastic loss of fps in-game. Inside areas were at 10-15 fps and outside area at about 5 fps. In other words unplayable. I tried changing all possible graphics settings from the settings menu but nothing helped. Switched off SLI in the NVIDIA controlpanel and tried again. Worked perfectly. I can now run the game with graphics setting maxed out. Just thought I should share it if anyone else experiences the same.

System spec:
2x GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST
Windows 8.1 64-bit
AMD FX(tm)-8350 at 4Ghz
16384MB RAM
240GB SSD
DirectX 11

I'm a computer noob, what's SLI? And how do you turn it off?

FR_Dam143
03-24-2014, 07:31 PM
Post deleted by Dam

BlastergamerX
03-25-2014, 04:50 AM
I'm a computer noob, what's SLI? And how do you turn it off?

SLI is a NVIDIA technology which allows you to have multiple SLI-supported graphics cards work together, which can be from 2-4 cards. Lower-end and older cards usually don't support SLI (check your GPU if that supports!), AND your motherboard has to support that too!

You can turn SLI off in the Nvidia Control panel, which can also be accessed by clicking right mouse button on the desktop. If your hardware doesn't support SLI then there is no SLI options and availability.

Kamikazee_Ninja
03-25-2014, 08:14 PM
You're not the only one surprised with the framerate issues.

I can run BF4 and all the big hitters on Ultra no problems. I fired this up after getting it today on Steam and it lags horribly. From my limited playtime it seems it's worst on outside areas. Some levels it runs smooth as silk on max settings (as it should) but some levels it really slows down to a crawl, then speeds up to normal framerates seemingly at random.

Very strange?

I'm more than willing to help the developers de-bug this if they need any information from me, let me know. This is a Beta after all!!

sebastianaalton
03-26-2014, 03:32 PM
If you have SLI/Crossfire (double graphics cards) in your computer, I recommend disabling SLI/Crossfire (from your display driver settings screen) until we get driver profiles from Nvidia/AMD to fix the multi-GPU problems. Disabling SLI/Crossfire solves the (~10) fps issue.

C_McButterpants
03-26-2014, 04:06 PM
If you have SLI/Crossfire (double graphics cards) in your computer, I recommend disabling SLI/Crossfire (from your display driver settings screen) until we get driver profiles from Nvidia/AMD to fix the multi-GPU problems. Disabling SLI/Crossfire solves the (~10) fps issue.

Is there a solution to this slowdown when it occurs with single GPU?

[edit1] UPDATE I was downloading at full tilt in background - paused it and game runs fine now. However, I set it going again and game seems unaffected! Therefore can't be sure of the cause. (this was all alt-tab; I never restarted the game)

[edit2] UPDATE It seems to be the alt-tabbing that fixes the slowdown. I went into the bike menu and it drops to ~15fps... alt-tab x2 and it's happy again???

Core i5
nVidia Gtx 770
8GB Windows 7 64bit

sebastianaalton
04-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Anyone still having fps issues after the latest patch, or should I change this thread to [SOLVED]-status?

Cavalieris
04-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Still low fps on some of the tracks for me. I've disabled SLI, and V-sync. But use resolution 1920x1080. It might be fixed by lowering the resolution, but can't see why it shouldn't be able to run on 60 fps in 1920x1080. Some of the worst tracks are Dirt Dirby, Deep Freeze and Cliffhanger.

My specs are:

CPU AMD FX-8350 at 4Gz
Mainborad Crosshair V Formula-Z (no integrated graphics)
Memory DDR3 2x8GB PC3-10700
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 TI Boost 2GB (2 cards, but with SLI disabled)
Currently running Trials Fusion on a dedicated games HDD WDC WD30 EZRX 3TB disk
OS Windows 8

Edit:
Tried some different graphics settings. When I keep V-syn on and all other setting on max in 1920x1080, but turn of anti-aliasing it runs smooth. Also if I keep anti-aliasing on and adjust Environment to medium it also runs smooth.

sebastianaalton
04-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Tried some different graphics settings. When I keep V-syn on and all other setting on max in 1920x1080, but turn of anti-aliasing it runs smooth. Also if I keep anti-aliasing on and adjust Environment to medium it also runs smooth.
It's good to hear that changing settings solved the issue! 1080p at smooth 60 fps is nice :)

C_McButterpants
04-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Anyone still having fps issues after the latest patch, or should I change this thread to [SOLVED]-status?

Bike select screen and starting occasional stage now drops to 30fps (from 60. All settings at max).

ALT-Tab and back again fixes no problem...

Core i5
nVidia Gtx 770 (GeForce 334.89 WHQL Driver)
8GB Windows 7 64bit