PDA

View Full Version : Slow Motion

Loopanda
03-21-2014, 08:02 PM
As I said, even in low graphics, the game runs in slow motion... I checked I'm was running it with the good Nvidia and not with the integrated card, but still. Hope there's a solution since the game seems so AWESOME!!

Thanks!

FoWNeOxx
03-22-2014, 10:41 AM
The game speed is at 60 fps. If it goes below, instead of dropping frames, the game speed plays slower. Trials Evolution PC doesn't have this issue. This need to be fixed before the release or PC gamers will ***** about it. NFS Rivals has a similar issue with the 60 fps unlock.

My DxDiag : http://pastebin.com/WjSCEMhQ

TeriXeri
03-22-2014, 12:04 PM
My DxDiag : http://pastebin.com/WjSCEMhQ

Intel HD 4000? I think that might be why if the game doesn't run well.

FoWNeOxx
03-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Intel HD 4000? I think that might be why if the game doesn't run well.

Like Loopanda, I run the game on the NVIDIA card (GT 650M). But my point is not about performance, it's about the game engine.

Sebeuh
03-22-2014, 02:26 PM
FoWNeOxx is right: the game is set to run at 60 fps - no more, no less. In fact, it CANNOT render more than 60 fps and whenever the framerate drops, the GAME SPEED drops. Lowering details doesn' help, you need to actually lower the resolution to make a difference.

This is nuts, and Trials Evo didn't have this problem. Please fix !

Kamikazee_Ninja
03-25-2014, 08:18 PM
I believe I am having the same Issue on PC. I put it down to framerate problems (ie. it lags or "slows down" horribly seemingly at random) but this sounds like a definite issue...

I can run all the AAA titles on Ultra no problem, so it's not my Rig, all drivers up to date etc. etc.

Any advice/comments from the developers?

lolololololKIKI
03-25-2014, 10:53 PM
can you help us over here?
It seems like our rig are decent but we can't run the game properly in any way. It sucks.

PoisonedDarts
03-25-2014, 10:54 PM
I'm having exactly the same issue, while the framerate is very solid it seems that the physics of the game itself slow down to a crawl for no apparent reason. Tried all the usual tricks such as turning all the video settings to low, vsync on/off, window mode, updating drivers etc but nothing seems to improve.

I'm running on a Radeon R9 270X which has no problem playing more demanding games on ultra settings at 1600x1200, so not being able to play a Trials game satisfactorily even at 640x480 seems like something more than an issue with my hardware.

Beatels
03-26-2014, 12:31 AM
My specifications:

Processor: i5-2430M @ 2.40GHz
GPU: nVidia GeForce GT 540M
RAM: 8GB

I've got the same issue. On native 1366x768 and on low spec it's not playable as it works at turtle speed. Acutally, it's playable on lowest setting on 640x480 or 800x600. Even then it barely holds at average 30-40FPS. I understand that I'm trying to play it on notebook, but come on, guys above me have 4 times better rigs than my and have the same issue. I hope it's going to be fixed, or it will be the worst optimized game in history :P

Despite the fact that it's barely playable, it still is a really fun game :)

xXRajadoXx
03-26-2014, 08:43 AM
I have the same problem, I had to use lower resolutions from 1920x1080 to 1152x864 for me, a bit to increase the fps, 45-55 fps usually play now, but sometimes I down to 30 fps (depending on the track) I have not a good processor, but do not think that's the problem.

Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz
Nvidia GTX 650 2GDDR5
8 Gb Ram
Windows 7

XDantherX
03-27-2014, 02:14 AM
Both myself and my housemate own this and both experience the above mentioned issue. We both run GT 640's. I run a brand new i7 4820k (NOT o/c'ed) with currently 6G Ram. My housemate runs a new I3 with 4G Ram. I run Win7 Pro 64bit and my friend Win8 64bit.

Now, I recall having a very similar issues in the beta of Trials Evo Gold. I have tried absolutely everything within my IT knowledge to resolve it in Fusion, and have had minimal success. The only thing that does work effectively for us, is lowering resolution. Even doing this, some parts of some tracks slow down. We are at a point where the resolution looks terrible, but the game plays reasonably well.

If I remember correctly, TEG had the advanced effects option, which I always left off - the game just ran better on my system without the option on. Fusion does not have this option, so, I went looking at the graphics config file in documents. There is not much in there -

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<UserGraphicConfig version="1.0">

<Window fullscreen="true" height="768" width="1024"/>

<GPU vsync="false"/>

<PostEffect fxaa="-1"/>

<VideoOption frame_rate="false" environment_quality="0" shadow_quality="1"/>

</UserGraphicConfig>

I have been into my Nvidia control panel and turned all the standard stuff off that I think may affect things, like AA, Vsync, etc. No amount of tweaking in Nvidia for this game seems to have an effect. I looked at the in-game video options and found it strange that I can't turn shadows off completely. So my next step is to try changing the shadow quality in the above config. As you can see, the settings are already extremely minimal for troubleshooting.

I will post back shortly if I have any success. Keep the input coming all - this good series can be great if we can nut out the glitches ;)

XDantherX
03-27-2014, 02:21 AM
So nevermind on the shadows, as 0=high :confused:

So there is no way I can find to turn shadows off. It would have been nice, if only to see the effect on gameplay on full HD :(

andrerdxd
03-27-2014, 08:53 PM
http://pastebin.com/95b6Z0aE this is my specs from my pc and it has the same problem, i run better games with no problems at all

XDantherX
03-28-2014, 01:49 AM
I run BF3, Far Cry 3 and others on 3 screens with my setup, no hassles, glitches, stutters, video lag, etc. Very frustrating when a game which, in theory, should be far less demanding.

And for those interested or taking notes on this thread, I have switched back to dual monitors for the time being. Have been trying different settings with single and dual, makes no difference. (and no, I do not use sli - my 6 series nvidia card handles 3)

capsevilla
04-01-2014, 05:56 PM
I have problems slowmotion. My equip is i5 4670k 770oc . I understand problem

Aszazin
04-02-2014, 09:13 PM
I also experience a lot of slow-motion.

Low quality settings don't help.
Lowering the resolution helps a little bit, but even on 640x480 SloMo is very noticable.

My system is an i7 930 2.8GHz with Radon 5770 (just below the minimum requirement) & 6Gb RAM
That should be able to run the game at about 1280x720, no?

The frame rate counter always mentions about 40fps, at any resolution, even the lower resolutions which show some improvement.

The SloMo is also much more than 4/6th of the normal time.

Makes the game unenjoyable at this time...

Xhane
04-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Thanks. We'll look into it and come back to you.

XDantherX
04-06-2014, 01:35 AM
Still experiencing issues, even with the update on the 4th of April. Have tried everything to run this game smoothly but alas, I still need to run low resolutions in order for it to be playable. Beta is beta, but I am getting concerned that upon release, this may still be the case.

If I can run custom resolutions on 3 screens in Battlefield with no problems, with minimal setup and NO fps drops whatsoever, I shouldn't have such severe issues on a platform game surely. But, that is how it is atm, and I am greatly disappointed. I am at the point where I am going to try and dig out my old GTX 295 for testing, but why oh why should I go to such extremes?

sebastianaalton
04-06-2014, 08:56 AM
We both run GT 640's
Unfortunately GeForce GT 640 doesn't meet the official Trials Fusion minimum requirements. The official minimum requirement is GeForce GTX 460. It is a 4 year old mainstream (middle class) card. Our minimum requirements guarantee a solid 60 fps at 720p (1280x720), using low graphics settings.

Your card vs GeForce GTX 460:
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/612?vs=542

GTX 460 seems to be around twice as fast as your GT 640.

However since the beta launch, we have optimized the low end settings of the game, and Fusion now runs 40% faster at low end settings. Our new (still unconfirmed) minimum GPU goal is now GeForce GTS 450 (a lower middle class card from 4 years ago).

Your card vs GeForce GTS 450:
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/612?vs=609

Much closer. GTS 450 is only around 30% faster on average than your GT 640. We have planned further optimizations, but I can't promise that your entry level GPU is going to be able to run every single level smoothly (always 60 fps, no drops) at 1280x720. I would suggest trying using a lower resolution, as that would definitely help.

My system is an i7 930 2.8GHz with Radon 5770 (just below the minimum requirement) & 6Gb RAM
That should be able to run the game at about 1280x720, no?

The frame rate counter always mentions about 40fps, at any resolution, even the lower resolutions which show some improvement.
Please try the newest patch (from 2 days ago). It should make low settings much faster. We have one computer with a Radeon 5770 at our office and it now runs the game smoothly (60 fps in most levels) at 720p.

FoWNeOxx
04-12-2014, 08:14 PM
The game has to run at 60 fps for a normal game speed. What about multiplayers? Because if someone has a FPS drop (even 1 little frame > 59 fps) , his game will be automatically out of sync with the rest of the players.

Edit : Oh wait, there is no online multiplayers :mad:
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/31/completely-new-type-of-multiplayer-coming-to-trials-fusion