PDA

View Full Version : Game play like in slow motion ?

MADDOGMCVAY
03-21-2014, 07:21 PM
I have just downloaded TFusion...my rig seems to struggling to play even on default low settings no vsync. I5 4670k 3.4...8 gig 2400 ram...Gtx 650sc 1 gig vram...ssd hardive.
Any ideas or my GPU needing more ram ?

Loopanda
03-21-2014, 07:58 PM
Hi all,

OMG that game seems so awesome!

Got the same problem, nice graphics, no bugs, but Slow Mo, like Matrix Bullet Time Slo-mo, even in low graphics, which is weird... Hope we'll find a solution soon enough!

UbiJustin
03-21-2014, 08:28 PM
Thanks for posting this issue. You may want to try closing out of the game and restarting it. I would also recommend turning your in-game graphics settings down. I will try to get you a more official answer from tech support.

morrillo
03-21-2014, 10:57 PM
I have just downloaded TFusion...my rig seems to struggling to play even on default low settings no vsync. I5 4670k 3.4...8 gig 2400 ram...Gtx 650sc 1 gig vram...ssd hardive.
Any ideas or my GPU needing more ram ?
Precisely what happened with Evo on PC for me...lag and major performance issues on a really rather good rig...I bought that and had to bin it, I won't be buying this on PC but wish you luck getting it to run.

TheeDesecrator
03-22-2014, 10:45 AM
Same here. Every second in game takes 3-4 seconds IRL and video quality didn't seem to matter. Low or high had the same performance. I almost reformatted (it does need it eventually), but glad others are having the same issue with better machines.

Though far from a gaming computer, it's not that slow. I've played more graphic intensive games just fine. I did have quite a bit of fun, though. I really like the look and tracks so far.

<---- TheeDesecrator (old forum)

TeriXeri
03-22-2014, 11:49 AM
Just pointing out, here the difference between a 650 and a 660 TI is huge, generally Texel rate and TDP (watts) and Shaders are a good way to compare cards. And the 660TI has 4 times more shaders and triple the Texel rate, and almost double the bandwith.

http://www.hwcompare.com/13459/geforce-gtx-650-vs-geforce-gtx-660-ti/

I use a AMD HD 5870 which is comparable to a 660TI, at 1080 full settings I get some frame drops on a few tracks (deep freeze mainly) , but I get 60 fps constant at a little bit lower resolution in windowed mode.

My main point is, video card numbers are very very misleading, as there are lots of low-mid-high end models available these days, my video card is dating back 2010, but still is better then then the very new R7 260x model from last october.

Generally higher end gaming video cards tend to use about 150 or more watts

Hondune
03-22-2014, 11:58 PM
I am having this issue as well. Changing the settings, resolution, vsynce, windowed or not ect. has just about no effect. Regardless if the settings are at absolute max or absolute minimum the game runs at 40-45 fps and in slow motion. Im running on a 2011 macbook pro (intell quad core i7) running windows 7, so i didnt expect to get incredible performance, but i did expect to be able to run it on lower settings. however it is incredibly odd that regardless of settings, the game runs at around 40 fps, max or low settings.

Smilies2019
03-23-2014, 02:44 PM
i see many people with even better computers then me having slowmotion issues
i have less then no slowmo with my comp

your problem is not always just the game, think of the programs running in the background of your computer
Sometimes your anti-virus is scanning everything u do. And your computers could suddenly deceide to just defrag your whole system.
Remove as many unessesary programs running in your background as possible.

IImayneII
03-23-2014, 03:09 PM
Start your pc in clean boot mode (not safe mode) with no other programs running. If it's smooth, it's a program affecting it.

GR4V1G0R3
03-23-2014, 03:37 PM
indeed, number of people I've had to help with sluggish issues with PC gaming...only to find they have anti-virus, firewall, anti-spyware, anti-malware- and everything else under the sun that can be running for absolutely no reason

just because 1 game that is by a team of hundreds works with that, doesn't mean every game will run well, optimisation is one thing that causes issues

my system :- AMD Phenom 2 x4 3.2Ghz, 4x2GB patriot G2 low latency memory, EVGA 660 GTX 2Gb [oh, and 2 raided raptor HDD's]....and a motherboard that is so bad even trying to overclock by 50Mhz kills it

now if that machine runs it, you guys should have no trouble unless you don't know how to setup / maintain a PC

Hondune
03-24-2014, 02:18 AM
indeed, number of people I've had to help with sluggish issues with PC gaming...only to find they have anti-virus, firewall, anti-spyware, anti-malware- and everything else under the sun that can be running for absolutely no reason

just because 1 game that is by a team of hundreds works with that, doesn't mean every game will run well, optimisation is one thing that causes issues

my system :- AMD Phenom 2 x4 3.2Ghz, 4x2GB patriot G2 low latency memory, EVGA 660 GTX 2Gb [oh, and 2 raided raptor HDD's]....and a motherboard that is so bad even trying to overclock by 50Mhz kills it

now if that machine runs it, you guys should have no trouble unless you don't know how to setup / maintain a PC

Compatibility with various different hardware configurations is likely more to blame than people being bad at maintaining there computers.

Im running it on a nearly fresh install of OEM windows 7, that i only installed to do some work on while i was out of state a couple months ago. It has no anti-virus, and only 3-4 programs installed, that are certainly not running in the background.

Kamikazee_Ninja
03-25-2014, 08:22 PM
Just taking the time to post that I am another one suffering from this. I pre-bought this from Steam, if I knew there was a problem for PC users I might not have done so!

It's awful, and seems to be a big problem for a number of us.

Is there any feedback from the developers on this?

My PC is able to run all the big graphical AAA titles on Ultra, so Trials shouldn't be slowing down like it currently does?

Kamikazee_Ninja
03-25-2014, 08:25 PM

Just my two cents, but just because it runs fine for you, doesn't mean there isn't a problem with the code. I'm sure most of us here know how to "setup / maintain a PC"...

For example, I can run ALL my titles on ultra settings, no problem.

Boot up Trials today after pre-buying on Steam - horrible slowdowns, seemingly at random.

I don't believe this is a problem with maintenance/background programs running with all due respect.

JoeRegular
03-27-2014, 11:14 AM
I was lucky enough to be given a beta code. Was pretty sure my Mrs laptop wouldn't run it, it fired up but the graphics were a mess and it was so slow it was unplayable.Undaunted I went to my brother in-law the next day, his computer runs BF4 on Ultra among other games. Graphically the game ran wonderfully but the fps never got above 31 with all graphic settings off or low; 21 with them on or high. I'll try and get his system specs and post them here.

I loved what I played though, even though it felt like Superman was spinning the Earth backwards as I did it.

Edit: Windows 7 home premium 64bit SP1

8GB DDR3 833Mhz RAM

2GB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6670 (XFX Pine Group)

AMD BULLDOZEr FX-6300 3.5Ghz (6-core 6-threads)

BigRLC
04-06-2014, 06:53 AM
Hi all,

OMG that game seems so awesome!

Got the same problem, nice graphics, no bugs, but Slow Mo, like Matrix Bullet Time Slo-mo, even in low graphics, which is weird... Hope we'll find a solution soon enough!

If you use Dxtory, disable it. Fixed it for me

Giddimani
04-10-2014, 08:39 PM
I use a AMD HD 5870 which is comparable to a 660TI, at 1080 full settings I get some frame drops on a few tracks (deep freeze mainly) , but I get 60 fps constant at a little bit lower resolution in windowed mode.

Don't know if was a typo, but the 660Ti outperforms the 5870 significantly, even the 660 non-Ti are more powerful. The 5870 is comparable to a 650Ti.

Godmil
04-14-2014, 05:48 PM
I've got a Core2Duo - Qaud core ~2.5Ghz with a Nvidia 560, which isn't top of the line but generally plays things pretty smoothly. I get a pretty solid 45-50fps on high and low settings in Trials Fusion, but for some reason I get this slowmo thing. It's not hitching or feeling like it's a performance issue, it just feels like it's got reduced gravity or something. like the movement is running 20% slower than it feels like it should be.

Notocu
04-14-2014, 06:05 PM
I've got a Core2Duo - Qaud core ~2.5Ghz with a Nvidia 560, which isn't top of the line but generally plays things pretty smoothly. I get a pretty solid 45-50fps on high and low settings in Trials Fusion, but for some reason I get this slowmo thing. It's not hitching or feeling like it's a performance issue, it just feels like it's got reduced gravity or something. like the movement is running 20% slower than it feels like it should be.

Game speed is locked to framerate (60fps). So if you only get 30fps you will only play at half speed. Unfortunately you need to reduce your resolution until you get 60fps.

Godmil
04-15-2014, 09:53 AM
Game speed is locked to framerate (60fps). So if you only get 30fps you will only play at half speed. Unfortunately you need to reduce your resolution until you get 60fps.

I really hope you're mistaken about that. Locking the game speed to the FPS is something even beginner (http://www.gamedev.net/topic/638521-fixed-time-step-game-loop/) programers are advised not to do. And in a score board based game like this, does that kill the leaderboards, How would you know that person who wheelied through the entire level hadn't just bumped up his resolution and was playing at 10% speed. Trials 2SE had it's physics update at a locked 60 times per second regardless of framerate. I can't imaging after this many years they'd make a mistake like that.

TeriXeri
04-15-2014, 11:16 AM
I think the main reason the game is locked at 60 fps, most editor systems work in ticks (60 ticks is 1 second). At least that's how it works in Trials Evolution.

Godmil
04-15-2014, 04:11 PM
I think the main reason the game is locked at 60 fps, most editor systems work in ticks (60 ticks is 1 second). At least that's how it works in Trials Evolution.

I think that's actually the other way around. The game visually will want to run at 60 fps because that's the typical refresh rate of monitors, the editor/game loop was designed to link up with that.