PDA

View Full Version : Opinion: Multiple (different) versions of a track or theme.

TeriXeri
08-28-2013, 12:20 PM
So I was thinking I could take some parts of my already released tracks on TC and make re-arranged/reworked versions with different drive lines and new parts/obstacles as well in a different difficulty.

Like easier/harder versions of similar tracks with different lighting/colors/obstacles but still the same feel knowing it's based off an older track.

Just to have some more content, of course not 100% copies or spammed (not planning to make more then 2 of the same idea, mainly an easier and harder version of similarity).

I like this idea when it's put out well, with some effort, it's not like lazy copying or re-releasing tracks which imo is dumb. It's still gonna take some time per track to make them different enough.

I'll still make new tracks as well as priority, just was thinking if this is viable to spice up TC.

Whats your guys opinion on this?

Willyums
08-28-2013, 01:24 PM
I did quick "remixes" on a lot of my Trials HD tracks (new line/difficulty/lighting) but it was a much more personal thing back then, with only friends being able to download your tracks and I think people were more grateful for new tracks back then aswell - with TC (can only speak for the xbl version but I think its relevant for both), its more competitive and tracks (+ the effort put into them) come under a lot more scrutiny.

I would say if you're focused on putting more quality tracks out there, rather than just getting more downloads/ratings/comments - then go for it and if anyone complains, screw them.. I'd probably have done it myself but I get precious few tracks shared and I'd rather build new stuff for my own enjoyment regardless of how anyone else feels about it.

TeriXeri
09-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the reply, haven't really tried remixing any track as I've been building something new, but I will start experimenting at some point.

And your right, building for your own fun is the most important, while still following some basic rules as far as difficulty etc goes.

theboshos
10-22-2013, 02:12 AM
I dont think there is anything wrong with that, as long as there are significant differences. ie. maybe some new effects and background stuff going on, but keeping to the original theme with a new line is always fun to see.

TeriXeri
10-22-2013, 11:19 AM
I still got some of this along the lines planned as side projects.

IImayneII
10-22-2013, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't mind it if they are different enough, maybe i would mind it more if there had been alot of good builders and that would push them off the feed, but since there are not many good builders you will mostly push crap out of TC with some reworked descent tracks and I can only applaud that http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif Could be I do something like this myself with my earlier tracks since I didn't really had a clue what a good driving line was http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif
so summed up, if it's an improvement and different enough, go for it!

TeriXeri
01-24-2014, 01:49 PM
I still have this in mind, the game is like 10 months old now, I might have another look at my older tracks, and spice them up/vary a bit.

Even so, if the editor allows, Fusion might have a handful of (spiritual)remakes of popular tracks following general idea of my evo tracks.

*spiritual = might not be 100% the same line, moreso the theme.