PDA

View Full Version : The Shadow Lab

rlmergeuser
07-09-2013, 01:39 AM
Hello everyone. New to these forums.

I just made a track called "The Shadow Lab". I started working on it shortly after I made "Gateway", but then I lost interest in the game (Sorry Redlynx http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif ) soon after that. Finally I decided to come back and finish it.

This track has a lot of random surprises that might annoy you, which is more or less the idea... After looking at the current leaderboards I realize I probably should have made this track hard, sorry about that. It's just that when creating it I knew everything that was in front of me, completely forgetting that a player who has never seen the track would have no idea what's waiting for him/her. A bit short-sighted on my part. Once you know what to expect, it's medium.

Anyway, hope you all enjoy it.

rlmergeuser
07-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the Forum !

thanks for making it , enjoyed the track already !

"This track has a lot of random surprises that might annoy you" only on the first run until you figure out the driveline , and know what comes !

the Theme are very great , except on few passages its a little bit to dark for me (just personal opinion) !

i was also surprised as i have watched in the leaderboard that not many people could finish it without faults , and not many people had playing , i donīt know if they didnīt had the mood or something else , i also donīt know why such tracks seems to be goes under the radar !

all in all its a great track , something different than all other , definetly a track to keep for me and to come back to try to improve the time

had fun while playing it , thanks again

IImayneII
07-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Hi

I really like the atmosphere on your track, and some cool ideas but at first I was a bit hesitant towards your track because I tought it had a boring driving line, but I wanted to go for a good 0 fault run to know the track better and actually started liking it more http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif I tried to get first place on your track since I saw it was possible and I tought it would be pretty easy but I don't know if I will keep trying since I encountered some problems on good runs that shouldn't be there.

Some remarks:
- When you go as fast as possible at the beginning the plates that move are just in time, maybe even just a bit too late. But that is probably because off how you made them. I'm thinking you used a slider, but my problem is that they are not aligned (almost all) and they can still move a bit when they are placed (like a bit up/down) so if you go really fast you can loose control of the bike because off it (like in front off the elevator).
- at a climb the plates where also not properly aligned ( I don't think they moved), if you go slow you hit. If you go fast you barely notice it tough.
- The elevetor should go a bit faster imo (or just no elevator). It takes all of the flow out of the track and just adds alot off time doing nothing when you play the track alot since it is already a long track.
- Like JDTrials said, some places are not visible enough. I liked the doors that opened tough and didn't mind the visibility there. But after it you just have to be lucky to hit the obstacle right when you go fast. I lean back but since I can't see my bike I don't know how far I'm leaning. I imagine it's not that off a problem when you go slow but on a fast run it's annoying.
- The camera changes where a bit akward imo. If you do a cut, make sure you can see the rider all the time, so you have to see the place where it is triggered. And at the first camera cut, i overshot the second ramp that turns when you are in the air and I couldn't see my bike anymore. I could have saved easily it if I had a camera that followed the bike.
- The last part where you don't see the rider is akward. Also the part where you can fall down the driving line there.