PDA

View Full Version : How does Track Central filtering work exactly?

TeriXeri
05-13-2013, 04:26 PM
I noticed the filters for Most downloads this week/Highest Rated this week which seems to expire if a track is older then 7 days, and the 48 hours expires after 2 days like it says which I understand.

What determines a track to show up in "Highest rated in Trials" ? , which seems to be a pick of 20 really high downloaded 5 star tracks. It's not always purely the amount of star ratings or downloads.

Older tracks (over a week old) that aren't in the "Highest Rated" category basicly can still be found manually by using the advanced filters but there are some issues with it.

You seem to have to change the "released this week" filters to something else to find specific older tracks. But sometimes a track doesn't even show up when using the "all time" filter in combination with difficulty and track type even as if the list is full and just filters out random stuff.

So far filtering by specific creator name makes it the easiest to find, as other filters sometimes don't give results at all.

The PC has the advantage of keyboard typing to type in track names etc but the system doesn't always work as smooth, hope it's improved in the future.

I guess the "block" system (with the images of tracks) is mostly an incentive to get new content out there as track popularity evolves constantly. And at the same time reduces clutter by not showing every track by image permanently.

Smeghead89
05-13-2013, 05:11 PM
even if you narrow down your advanced search to a specific set of tags, difficulty, time released etc there will still be thousands of tracks in those settings but will only show you about 50 of those which would be the top rated out of all those tacks so trying to find a specific track this way is a very long shot, like you noted - the best way to find a track is to type in the name of the creator

Morfyboy
05-13-2013, 05:20 PM
if your looking for tracks that were made a while back, then check out youtube.There are a few dudes from in here that have catalogued some of the best tracks fromtrials evo release...one that i can point you to is here...
http://www.youtube.com/user/TEvoCustoms?feature

this is for the xbox though.

ConfusedMuscles
05-13-2013, 05:26 PM
if your looking for tracks that were made a while back, then check out youtube.There are a few dudes from in here that have catalogued some of the best tracks fromtrials evo release...one that i can point you to is here...
http://www.youtube.com/user/TEvoCustoms?feature

this is for the xbox though.

He is talking about PC tracks Morfy.

rlmergeuser
05-13-2013, 07:35 PM
How does Track Central filtering work exactly?

Short answer - it usually doesn't.

rlmergeuser
05-20-2013, 12:06 AM
How does Track Central filtering work exactly?

Short answer - it usually doesn't.

Agreed, I even tried searching for myself......didn't give me anything.