PDA

View Full Version : sharing copies

IImayneII
05-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Yesterday I was in Track Central and I saw the same track 3 times in there (you don't do this by accident), and this was on the same page ( I think it was highest rated this week). This isn't the first time I saw a copy of a track that is shared a few days after the original upload, there are others. Is it me, or am I the only one that finds this annoying? These tracks occupy room that could host other potentially good tracks and I think they should be removed!

rlmergeuser
05-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Nope your not the only one bud, it frustrates a lot of track creators, because it does indeed as you said potentially lowers decent tracks or even worse takes them off the list all together. Something should be done, I just think RL are a lil bit busy at the moment :/

Get this changed to support thread though, that's where I believe RL will pick up on it http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

RetiredRonin
05-14-2013, 01:45 PM
This doesn't exactly need to be in the support section. I think it was posted in the right section.

I can't speak for the other guys here, but I do NOT like it when a user uploads the same track multiple times without making any changes. Spamming the feeds with one track is a very unsportsmanlike thing to do, as you are literally pushing other tracks out of the feeds.

That being said: Sadly there isn't much we can do about it. This is/was also a problem on Xbox 360 and, short of having a dedicated employee who does nothing but refresh the feeds all day and remove tracks that are duplicates (which isn't going to happen), there isn't much we can do about it.

Jarr3tt88
05-14-2013, 01:49 PM
there isn't much we can do about it.

I know I've suggested it before, why isn't instituting an upload limit per day/per week possible?

Or Making bigger feeds than 50 tracks.

I bet these two things alone would have kept XBLA builders around longer than a year http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

ConfusedMuscles
05-14-2013, 02:59 PM
there isn't much we can do about it.

I know I've suggested it before, why isn't instituting an upload limit per day/per week possible?

Or Making bigger feeds than 50 tracks.

I agree with this. An upload limit should be instituted. 1 track per 24 hours.

IImayneII
05-14-2013, 04:13 PM
having a dedicated employee who does nothing but refresh the feeds all day and remove tracks that are duplicates (which isn't going to happen), there isn't much we can do about it.

I understand this is not possible and I don't know what the process is for deleting a track, but isn't it possible to delete duplicate tracks (and the original) once a month maybe? So at least people get discouraged of doing this. Let the community help and set up a topic so we can let you know who is uploading duplicates, so you don't even have to search for them. Sure not all of them will be found but shouldn't this be possible? At what count of duplicates do you guys intervene then? Or to say it different: what is stopping me from sharing my track let's say 10 times today? when is too much? If there even is a limit.