PDA

View Full Version : Editor feels like its in slow motion

rlmergeuser
05-04-2013, 08:06 PM
when i test my track in the editor it feels all slow motion, but in single player, multiplayer or community made maps it runs fine... http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/think.gif

how do i fix this?

mutetus
05-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Some computers have had this issue. The track will still run normally after sharing it so don't worry about that. Could you post specs of your computer and any relevant details?

rlmergeuser
05-04-2013, 09:08 PM
i have a navidia 670 graphics card 16gb of ram and i cant remember what mother bored i have, its about 2 years old though

WakeXT
05-05-2013, 12:00 AM
i have a navidia 670 graphics card 16gb of ram and i cant remember what mother bored i have, its about 2 years old though

Easiest way to get your system details is probably to save a DxDiag.txt file from the DirectX Diagnostic Tool and post it here.
Press Windows key + R at the same time, the "Run"-window should show up.
Type in dxdiag and press the Enter key or click the Ok-button.

When the tool started, click the button "Save All Information..." and it will ask you where you want to save your DxDiag.txt - you can just use the Desktop or any other familiar folder on your PC.
After doing so, close the program and open the DxDiag.txt with a text editor and copy the contents in a reply.
I suggest you use [*spoiler] <DxDiagContent> [*/spoiler] tags(without the *'s) so the post won't be so long and easier to read.
After posting it you can delete the DxDiag.txt file if you want to.

Should your DxDiag.txt content be too long, the forum will show an error when trying to post it - in that case you can go to pastebin.com (http://pastebin.com) and insert it there, you might want to change "Paste Exposure:" to "Unlisted" before submitting it so only people who know the link will be able to see it.
After submitting it to the website, you can copy the link to the pasted content from your browser's address bar and post it in your reply.

IImayneII
05-17-2013, 01:52 PM
I have this problem too, but not always. So this is probably not a problem related to the specs of your pc but the game itself that is bugged. I have been able to test my track in normal speed a whole day without issues, and I have had days it is nothing but slow motion.
It seems restarting my game helps, but usually when I get back into editing after testing the first time and go back to test it, it's slow motion again. Also if it's slow motion and I leave my pc for a bit it sometimes gets back to normal speed and skipping a few times back and forth with the uplay overlay also helps sometimes.

This certainly doesn't look like it's a pc spec problem but ofcourse I could be wrong.
And you say don't worry about it, but I guess you haven't had the problem of testing your track the whole time in slow motion or having to restart your game every time to get it to work like it should.

IImayneII
05-30-2013, 11:56 AM
I have had this problem since the beginning so it's not due to an update and most people have this problem. The only thing I found to fix this problem is restarting my game and going straight into test mode. Most of the time it's normal speed then, but when I go out to edit and back in it's usually back into slowmotion. uplay overlay seems to bug my game too sometimes, like when I switch between the overlay the game goes back to normal speed.

got to love or hate their answer:
Some computers have had this issue. The track will still run normally after sharing it so don't worry about that
they clearly don't have the same problem when making maps or they wouldn't say don't worry about that. I just hope they are trying to fix it.

TeriXeri
05-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Seemed the most relative thread for editor related "lag" without creating a new one:

I noticed when clustering a lot of objects or large glue groups in 1 area, especially when seen all at once from the game-camera, my editor fps drops from a 60ish to like 30-50, same goes when zooming out large areas in the editor mode, I feel I have to drasticly reduce object distance on complex tracks as it feels even objects beyond the point of view are drawn.

But I don't think it directly relates to the issue the OP has at hand here, just my experience with editor "lag" caused by a lot of objects in place.

It might just be my pc hardware not being all top end new anymore, but as far as my own tracks go I try to optimize aroudn a 60fps stable track.