PDA

View Full Version : User Created Tracks - The Recommendations

rlmergeuser
04-10-2013, 10:10 PM
So, I spent this evening solely with tracks from TC and I gotta say, that, let's face it: Even the tracks that are not complete **** are still ****.
And sifting through all the garbage with the hope to find a gems or, gasp, even a few can be funny or interesting - for a while - but eventually
frustation kicks in.

Instead of writing a frenzied rant, I thought I'd take a more constructive route and make this thread where we can share tracks that we like
which otherwise would remain unnoticed and disappear. I do know about the idea of the "curators", but how about a quick'n dirty variety as well? ;)

#1_______________________________________
To start things off, if we had the possibility to subscribe to a creator, FireMike15 would definitely be on my list. He seems to like the gimmicky
powers of the editor a tad too much for my taste (especially when the gimmick itself creates a difficulty spike breaking the flow, *cough*, afterburner),
the tracks could be longer, but other than that, I think they could almost be official tracks. Nice use of physics (if it's not too much). Three tracks so far, all technical medium
Try the gimmick-free Cliffhanger_Beach!

#2_______________________________________
Abandoned (medium) by mutetus. While the driveline isn't necessarily spectacular (nothing wrong about it, either, bumps and small ramps, a bit of multiple routes), the scenery truly is.
Anyone remember/played that Pripyat level from CoD? I actually stopped here and there to look at stuff. :D edit: mutetus, "Trials developer", huh? ;)

#2.5_____________________________________
(Although I don't feel the need to feature builders who are active on this forum, go play "UFO" and "Inner Peace")

IImayneII
04-25-2013, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the advice, I generally liked his tracks (imo afterburner should only be in skill games). I will certainly add some creators if I find interesting ones.
I like ConfusedMuscles his tracks, but most of them are ninja so far, wich are a bit above my skill but preascendary is a good extreme.

I don't know if you are up for testdrives, you can always add me if you want. I'm currently working on 3 tracks (easy,medium,extreme)

rlmergeuser
04-25-2013, 08:17 PM
I don't know if you are up for testdrives, you can always add me if you want.
Yeah, right. Just now that I've worked my way pretty far up on the friend's leaderboard? http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/wink.gif

added.

rlmergeuser
05-06-2013, 08:43 PM
bumpedybump
(see edit)

Eddeman
05-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Abandoned looked amazing, I'm trying to get a decent time on it right now, thanks for the tip http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif It's wild how fast you can go if you hit the right line.